• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadoken

I just watched this interview, and there is something i couldn't get over, this guy is mad because Balrog is so overpowered yet he was using Sagat during SF4 vanilla O:.

Nice try downplaying him but Just like how he used Nash in SFV S1 and stuck with him in S2. He always stuck with Sagat from Vanilla to Ultra.
And am pretty sure if you asked him if Sagat was OP in vanilla , he would agree.

then again, the Nash in the gif posted here gains V-Trigger just before the last grab, and Nash's V-trigger is maybe the best defensive option in the game so nothing needed to change for him to turn that tide

Lol what? SMH.

He is better off doing his 4f JAb than doing a Vtrigger as a reversal.

Oh yes. I don't like the gameplay of SFIV but this was probably my fave things in that game. Doing more taunts with SFV animation would be great. That being said the idle poses in SFV are far far superior.
Bruh. You post all this great stuff and forget the GOAT?

vriTjtK.gif

And my personal favourite set of SFV is SEAM 2016 Grand Finals, Tokido vs Momochi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350GM2WIz9o

*While we felt that Ryu and Chun-Li were in a strong position, we noticed that players were simply not jumping at each other as much as was expected. We've now fixed the appropriate issues to encourage that playstyle*

Kashiwaba

Reminder that the gameplay in this set doesn't work any more, there's not much of a reason to not jump on Chun in S2(even if she has meter) and Ryu can't really fight like that at mid-range. Panic nerfs are the worst.
What were the nerfs which took away Ryu mid range abilities?

MCD250

What were the nerfs which took away Ryu mid range abilities?
He lost some range on several of his normals, and a bunch of them also became slightly slower and gained a bit more pushback.

He's apparently getting some range back on his sLK and MP, and maybe his new cHP has more range too? I dunno. I doubt he'll be as strong as he was in S1, a shame how they did him dirty in the S2 patch.

He lost some range on several of his normals, and a bunch of them also became slightly slower and gained a bit more pushback.

He's apparently getting some range back on his sLK and MP, and maybe his new cHP has more range too? I dunno. I doubt he'll be as strong as he was in S1, a shame how they did him dirty in the S2 patch.

He definitely won't be as good as he was in S1. It seems like all they did was unnerf the range on his st. MP and LK. So comparing S1 Ryu to both S2 Ryu's, all he really got was cancelable axe kick to try and make up for all his nerfs and he got hit with a lot. Funny thing is that my favorite buff from him is EX fireball being +2, but it cost meter and is situational since it's really only useful in the corner.

I can live with this weaker Ryu for the rest of the year if they didn't lock his cancelable st. HP in V Trigger mode. I find that pretty fun to use, but what's the point if it's locked in V Trigger which drains quickly. I get the whole locking stuff in V Trigger mode. But Akuma's DP giving you a hard knockdown is pretty good. Necalli not having to charge for berserker barrage is pretty good. Ryu being able to cancel his st. HP, that's it? This is something he should have considering his status in this game right now and not have it locked away like it's some really broken shit that we shouldn't have access to all the time.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Yeah S2 Balrog is definitely overtuned.

If he has 3 bars and he lands 2 CCs on you.. you actually die. This is not a hyperbole.. these are the facts. You can die from two hits off of Balrog because you had the audacity to use your buttons.

Unless you mean he lands those two crush counters backto back because you were dumb and pressed buttons on wakeup, AND you have 900 health, I don't believe you.

Assuming you're at 950 health, I think maybe FANG is the only character that can't kill you with full meter and 2 CCs with full combos following them.

And that's a MAYBE. And if the opponent brings an already activated V-Trigger into the mix, then the situation changes drastically for a lot of characters.

Yeah same. "Retarded" seems a little harsh, offensive and unprofessional from him. Again, that could be due to mistranslation.

He said "whoever designed him is crazy." Crazy as in there's something wrong with him or something's not right with him. That's probably why it was translated that way by him who is Japanese.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Assuming you're at 950 health, I think maybe FANG is the only character that can't kill you with full meter and 2 CCs with full combos following them.

And that's a MAYBE. And if the opponent brings an already activated V-Trigger into the mix, then the situation changes drastically for a lot of characters.

Kolin as well, pretty sure, her damage is garbage.

Kashiwaba

Oh some miracle happened just now!!!!
I ran into an ultra gold player in ranking his name was Hamjam and he was using FANG!!!! Seriously i don't remember the last time i played against fang i completely forgot this match up but i still ended up winning 2-1 :p.

Grakl

We do still see some really good footsies I think, it's just that when neutral breaks down it leads to multiple 50/50 situations without fail instead of neutral with some advantage for one player

Bonchan puts a good perceptions why Japan isn't doing well as the US. Consoles are dead in Japan and the Arcades is the best option to meet up with others as the netcode is bad even in Japan.

Capcom really did not think this through. SFV isn't even going to be in Evo Japan.

Pompadour

Traded in the lowest of the low tier to the highest of the high tier.

Is Balrog really the highest of the high tier? He's up there, sure, but it's more that he's the dumbest of the dumb in this game.

I'm not sure who I'd peg as #1, though. And after 2.5 hits it very well could be Rog.

In the online tier lists i would say he is number 1.

Hopefully the DP changes will shift the balance and allow some characters to handle his corner pressure better.

Raitaro

I recently managed to complete the Cinematic story mode on extra difficulty so I have enough FM to buy a character again. Problem is that I don't want to spend it on Kolin when we're so close to see the next reveal. Guess I'll hang on to my FM for now in other words.

Any day now, right?

Pompadour

In the online tier lists i would say he is number 1.

Hopefully the DP changes will shift the balance and allow some characters to handle his corner pressure better.

I can see that. I only think Urien is better because he's good at everything. All characters in SFV are bad under pressure but Balrog is garbage. He's only as good as he is because he has an absurd comeback game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom