• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

I recently managed to complete the Cinematic story mode on extra difficulty so I have enough FM to buy a character again. Problem is that I don't want to spend it on Kolin when we're so close to see the next reveal. Guess I'll hang on to my FM for now in other words.

Any day now, right?

If it's not today or Thursday (which are the usual times they do a blog update) then we can say goodbye to April.

Are there any tournies this weekend? I figured they'd save the trailer for that. Eleague is this Friday.

It's a possibility

The USA team is probably just waiting on the Japan team for confirmation that the patch will be coming in April and that there isn't a delay to it.

John D. said "soon" a week or so ago. Soon has gotta be close.

Capcom treating us like we were kids on a road trip. Everytime we ask "Are we there yet?" They just reply "Closer than we were."

You mean what Capcom did to Ryu? Ken seems to be totally fine.
Ryu got it worse but Ken is not "totally" fine. Momochi, Eita, Chris T are all doing worse with him, he moved from top tier to middle of the pack if you ask me and has matchup issues with almost all top tier. The elements he's supposed to be good at need adjustment like target combos whiffing when you are trying to counter poke, you have to counter poke against a lot of the cast as Ken because their buttons are better etc...And why am I even using professional players as a barometer to how much a character dropped. I played Ken for over 600 hours, I can tell you for sure, he got MUCH worse. Ask any Mika player if they are performing as well as Fuudo? lol...

Yeah, Ryu got it worse, but Ken is not fine. Fine to me is top tier, which everyone is capable of being if Capcom would stop nerfing. I hate middle of the road characters who hardly excel at anything. Ken is tip-towing over there (he's still strong in the corner, good pressure) but Ryu is absolutely what I hate about Capcom's philosophy. Him, and Alex, and Fang, are just mediocre. It's just bad lol..Every character is going to have natural bad match-ups, but no one shod be mediocre.

MrCarter

Are there any tournies this weekend? I figured they'd save the trailer for that. Eleague is this Friday.

Apart from E-League there are no CPT tournies this week - next one is on the 28th at Dreamhack. Not sure about E-League showing a trailer though as I think they would rather do it on thier own CPT events.

In the online tier lists i would say he is number 1.

Hopefully the DP changes will shift the balance and allow some characters to handle his corner pressure better.
Yeah, Rog is really good, maybe the best in the game, I personally think it's a tie between him, Necalli, and Karin though. He's in a good space IMO, hardly anything needs to be done with any of those characters, they are fine. Rog truly does have a weakness, his comeback is crazy, but you can bully him on wakeup. Chun in S1 really didn't have much of any weaknesses.

for the love of all goodness Capcom, just leave the top tier alone this time, they're all fine. Even Cammy with her brain-dead buttons. (they can tone down how plus she is, but it's all good) just buff characters who aren't getting it done. Like I think they did a really good job with Sim for example.

No tournies this week and the next CPT event is at Dreamhack on the 28th. Not sure about E-League showing a trailer though as I think they would rather do it on thier CPT events.

They DID show an extended trailer of MvC:I during the ESPN rebroadcast of Capcom Cup.

It's not unbelievable that they would do something similar here with E-League.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I can see that. I only think Urien is better because he's good at everything. All characters in SFV are bad under pressure but Balrog is garbage. He's only as good as he is because he has an absurd comeback game.

I've never understood this new idea that you have to have an invincible reversal to have solid defence, when backward walkspeed and a 3 frame jab are both almost as usable.

Vega can just walk out of so many throw setups that catch other characters.

MCD250

Give kolin karin's walkspeed
When you look at Kolin, she honestly doesn't look like the type of character who is as slow as she is. I assume it's meant to balance out her various command dashes, and I get it, but still. Every time I start walking with her, I'm like, "this doesn't feel right..."

LakeEarth

Give us the new character trailer already man

You want new characters? Watch the Ultra Street Fighter 2 trailer. Evil Ryu and Violent Ken! Brand new characters! Totally not lazy pallet swaps! BRAND NEW!!!!

They couldn't even be bothered to change the win poses, so "Violent" Ken still gives the peace sign. How very violent of him.

mbpm1

They couldn't even be bothered to change the win poses, so "Violent" Ken still gives the peace sign. How very violent of him.

He's telling the opponent, rest in peace. Very brutal

When you look at Kolin, she honestly doesn't look like the type of character who is as slow as she is. I assume it's meant to balance out her various command dashes, and I get it, but still. Every time I start walking with her, I'm like, "this doesn't feel right..."

they must think she's too thicccc

Well with the INSANE range on her normals, we can't give her good walk speed too.

Imagine if she had a poke that could hit almost halfway across the screen, was a CC and she still had good walk speed!!!! Such a character would be broken.

Neoxon

They DID show an extended trailer of MvC:I during the ESPN rebroadcast of Capcom Cup.

It's not unbelievable that they would do something similar here with E-League.
It's entirely possible. But to be fair, it was ESPN airing the Capcom Cup. While Capcom likely had a big hand in getting SFV on E-League, it's not actually part of the CPT.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we got something today, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Capcom does typically put up their SFV blog posts (if they have one to put up) on Tuesdays, right?

MrCarter

It's entirely possible. But to be fair, it was ESPN airing the Capcom Cup. While Capcom likely had a big hand in getting SFV on E-League, it's not actually part of the CPT.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we got something today, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Capcom does typically put up their SFV blog posts (if they have one to put up) on Tuesdays, right?

Or Thursday. It will be exactly one month since the last blog update on the 20th so we'll see then. Not holding my breath though.

Neoxon

We only really have one more week in April after this one, so we'll probably have to get a reveal this week if they're gonna do the usual WSO demonstration with the release of the update the following week.

Blueblur1

On Sunday night I started to consider the possibility that there's no character this month. John D might have said "soon" (on twitter last week) but that didn't specify anything. Seeing that we've had a character get delayed before - Ibuki - I personally don't doubt a scenario where the character is teased and/or revealed at the end of this month and released next month.

What do you guys think of the concept of "Premium Skins" for this game?

A skin that not only changes the look of the character but also the look of some special moves.

I'm imagining Violent Ken as a Premium Skin. Some slight ambient purple particle effects on the character, change the skin (obviously), add a filter to the voice (like Nightmare Geese in KoF XIV) and finally make all the fire effects purple. Evil Ryu would work similarly.

Also imagining Heel Rainbow Mika. Not just change the skin, but also change Nadeshiko entirely too, making her look completely different. Maybe add a particle effect to her command grab or something?

A skin that not only changes the look of the character but also the look of some special moves.

I'm imagining Violent Ken as a Premium Skin. Some slight ambient purple particle effects on the character, change the skin (obviously), add a filter to the voice (like Nightmare Geese in KoF XIV) and finally make all the fire effects purple. Evil Ryu would work similarly.

Also imagining Heel Rainbow Mika. Not just change the skin, but also change Nadeshiko entirely too, making her look completely different. Maybe add a particle effect to her command grab or something?
would make Capcom a bunch of money....

MCD250

I would be completely in for a Shadaloo Cammy premium costume that gave her Psycho Power-style purple special moves. Maybe also make her win pose a salute like in Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom