• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anyone is confused as to why we're getting seemingly random school costumes:

In Japan, the start date for the school year falls on April 1, or the first Monday following if April 1 is a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

These are essentially seasonal spring costumes, like how we got swimsuit costumes in July, Halloween costumes in October, and Christmas costumes in December.

Looks like the majority of the cast are returning to school in last year's threads then.

They really need to make this costume a reality for Ken:
651e3784b5d67ddca2419c2728e50f9c.jpg

Yeah I'm thinking Thursday for a character teaser then maybe the full reveal at E-League? Capcom doing well with communication this year, now all they need to do is keep it up.

For all the shit Capcom gets, them even mentioning the fact that they'd have actual content this month in the post is pretty good. An E-League thing would be cool.

I think I wouldn't care so much if we knew the characters. Damnit Capcom, drop more hints in the interim!

Edzi

Is Ono OK? I'd expect him to be teasing and trolling regarding new stuff for SFV. Is that just something he does only in brief spells?

He hasn't really done that since the game launched. I'm guessing the poor state of the game + the negativity has been hard on him.

Yo, those new costumes are great!
And we are getting them so soon.

Don't forget that I like F.A.N.G in Street Fighter 5.
That just proves that you are a person with a refined taste.
And yes, the Ken and Ryu story costumes are not good.

ahh...still waiting on a good Ken costume...
You got Christmas Pimp Ken, what more could you want?

Has anyone tallied up the costumes available for each character? I need an infographic.

Note that Zangief says 3, even though he has 4.

MrCarter

Is Ono OK? I'd expect him to be teasing and trolling regarding new stuff for SFV. Is that just something he does only in brief spells?

He is still on Twitter and promoting the franchise and I think he only treases characters when he, himself, reveals them at events/shows - weird he didn't do Akuma though. Plus, I think it's difficult to do that with new characters as there is not much to tease but come season 3, when the veterans are back, he should be back to his troll ways.

Ryuval Schools looks cool. Hope his alt looses the jacket.

I'm awaiting the day Capcom releases a men's swimming DLC collection just so I can see your reaction lol.

Ucchedavāda;234168195 said:
You got Christmas Pimp Ken, what more could you want?
not only is it a bad costume, but I don't celebrate or generally like Christmas ;-(

I thought Ken would have his hair slicked back with a tux on because of his story mode. Wishful thinking leads me to depression...

*A child is shown training in a gym*

*The child is in a stance similar to Sagat. The child tries to knee the punching bag in front of him*

*The child just knocks himself over, there simply isn't enough force behind his thrusts*

"Ugghh. Try again boy" says a deep voice. A familiar voice.

*The boy readies himself, and tries again. But the same thing happens.*

"Move aside child. I'll show you how it's done" says the familar voice.

*A shadow creeps out from a corner and nudges him aside*

*The shadow is none other... than Sagat*

Crowd goes wild.

"THANK YOU FOR A WONDURFUR e3 EBERYBODY!!!" says Ono.

MCD250

Am i the only one not really feeling that chun costume?
I like the concept of making her look bookish/geeky, but I dunno. The implementation looks kinda stiff. Maybe it'll look better in motion.

How many alts does Chun have now though? Seem like all the girls have 3-4 outfits.
Chun has seven, I think.

1) Default
2) Cop
3) Night gown
4) Swimsuit
5) CPT dress
6) B-Girl
7) Schoolgirl

She also has a red, bare-legged variation of her default, but I think it's only available in Japan (and maybe just for the winner(s) of a tournament?). She definitely has the most costumes out of everyone.

Mizerman

*A child is shown training in a gym*

*The child is in a stance similar to Sagat. The child tries to knee the punching bag in front of him*

*The child just knocks himself over, there simply isn't enough force behind his thrusts*

"Ugghh. Try again boy" says a deep voice. A familiar voice.

*The boy readies himself, and tries again. But the same thing happens.*

"Move aside child. I'll show you how it's done" says the familar voice.

*A shadow creeps out from a corner and nudges him aside*

*The shadow is none other... than Sagat*

Crowd goes wild.

"THANK YOU FOR A WONDURFUR e3 EBERYBODY!!!" says Ono.

That would be awesome and very in character to reveal.

XenoRaven

Chun has one more costume than Cammy and it's the school one.

One of her costumes is B-Girl, which I'll let people decide on their how to feel about.

Ken will only get terrible or joke costumes. When I played Ken in sf4 I was impressed by how they managed to make every costume worse than the last.
everyone I know who plays ken, even alts him, doesn't like this though? Is this one of those disconnects we have with the more casual audience. Ken is the alt/joke Ryu so give him funny costumes?

It does seem REALLY weird that Juri gets more costumes than Ken. Surely more people play the flowchart master as compared to Juri?

And during that E3 seminar/conference whatever, they revealed that Ken's story costume was THE MOST purchased story costume in the game at the time so clearly there's a market for garbage costumes too.

mbpm1

And during that E3 seminar/conference whatever, they revealed that Ken's story costume was THE MOST purchased story costume
in the game at the time so clearly there's a market for garbage costumes too.

The story costume isn't the one with short hair is it?

please no

Pompadour

It does seem REALLY weird that Juri gets more costumes than Ken. Surely more people play the flowchart master as compared to Juri?

And during that E3 seminar/conference whatever, they revealed that Ken's story costume was THE MOST purchased story costume in the game at the time so clearly there's a market for garbage costumes too.

More people play the Shotos but I imagine there's a large number of people who buy all the costumes for the female characters, especially the revealing ones.

Blueblur1

I was just talking about that with a buddy yesterday. Also, I've noticed that E3 is the same week as CEO this year.

Last year Capcom had the Cinematic Story Mode at E3. We got glimpses of new alternate daytime/nighttime stages and Balrog gameplay from BornFree via short Twitter videos. No Urien or Juri footage was allowed to be published by press outlets. (CEO had the Balrog trailer with Urien and Juri teases at the end.)

It would be neat if there was enough content to show to press at E3 and save a little something for CEO's Top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom