• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Now let's not stir the shit pot. They have done another balance patch which is releasing this month and developing 1 character in this game probably takes the same resources to create 5 in KOF. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

It really doesn't.

Capcom have a schedule, and they're sticking to it, but it's slowwwww.

Why would they make a costume for Juri, but not bother trying to actually balance her at all in the game, she's garbage and got 0 buffs and a nerf.

Skilletor

I'd take adon over sagat, jaguar revolver allday errrrddday.

I'm tired of adding characters with tons of ways to get around fireballs. They need to add characters with good fireballs.

Sagat better be able to chuck some plasma when he makes it in.

Now let's not stir the shit pot. They have done another balance patch which is releasing this month and developing 1 character in this game probably takes the same resources to create 5 in KOF. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Comparing development of one fighting game to another fighting game is pretty much as close as you're going to get to comparing the same thing. lol

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm tired of adding characters with tons of ways to get around fireballs. They need to add characters with good fireballs.

Comparing development of one fighting game to another fighting game is pretty much as close as you're going to get to comparing the same thing. lol

I'd certainly hazard a guess that Xrd characters are more intensive than most, having seen how they make them, but that's an outlier.

Village

Ucchedavāda;234172717 said:
Don't worry. The Ibuki and Alex classic costumes will be coming your way shortly. Capcom just needs to refit them for Chun-Li and Ryu first.

I will yell at you and haunts's ghost

Can someone make a decent Avatar out of this?

tHrKngS.png

And fix Ryu's FB game. I truly don't get why Capcom is so afraid of some elements of ST in the current SF games.

SF3, SF4, SF5, fireballs were all kinda weak. I don't get why fireball characters aren't all more similar to Guile. Its way to easy to get around Ryu, Juri (lol) Nash, etc...fireball game.

#MakeFireballsgoodagain

Were they really that annoying to deal with? I was usually playing shotos so I'm not sure. But playing against Guile, Its as simple as walking and blocking.

Ken's story costume, color 3, is the only ken costume I use, and is his de facto best costume. Even if it looks stupid in the character select screen.

Ken's story costume, color 3, is the only ken costume I use, and is his de facto best costume. Even if it looks stupid in the character select screen.
Ugggghhhhhh.

For all the shit I may be giving Ken, I think his new default outfit is one of the best new outfits for a character I've seen in a LOOONNNGG time.

It looks so good and just fits his character so well. Just a shame that they butchered the face and decided to take a creative risk by making his hair out of a collection of bananas taped together.

I'm awaiting the day Capcom releases a men's swimming DLC collection just so I can see your reaction lol.
I'm hoping this summer, but their DLC costume rollout has been pretty lacking overall. There's some great outfits, but they're few and far between, and certain characters are getting the short end of the stick. (If they even get a piece of the stick at all.)

I'm available for all beefcake costume related consultations.

Skilletor

And fix Ryu's FB game. I truly don't get why Capcom is so afraid of some elements of ST in the current SF games.

SF3, SF4, SF5, fireballs were all kinda weak. I don't get why fireball characters aren't all more similar to Guile. Its way to easy to get around Ryu, Juri (lol) Nash, etc...fireball game.

#MakeFireballsgoodagain

Were they really that annoying to deal with? I was usually playing shotos so I'm not sure. But playing against Guile, Its as simple as walking and blocking.

Just appealing to casuals who don't want to learn how to fight fireballs because they don't think it's fun.

stn

Just appealing to casuals who don't want to learn how to fight fireballs because they don't think it's fun.
Yup. Its kind of ironic that fireballs were strongest in ST, because the other archetypes were really strong as well. Rush down? Vega and Balrog were top tier. Grappling? Honda, Hawk, and Zangief all had varying degrees of dirt. Its what I like most about ST still.

Skilletor

So Bison gets his own DLC stage, but he hasn't been given a premium costume since launch? Capcom's decision making.

More people probably care about stages than DLC for a specific character.

I wouldn't buy any Bison DLC, but I'm buying this stage immediately.

Yup. Its kind of ironic that fireballs were strongest in ST, because the other archetypes were really strong as well. Rush down? Vega and Balrog were top tier. Grappling? Honda, Hawk, and Zangief all had varying degrees of dirt. Its what I like most about ST still.

Been playing a friend in KoF, and he doesn't know how to play KoF, but he's got a great understanding of spacing and footsies. He's bodying me just using psycho balls and whatever King's fireball is called.

On one hand, I'm pissed, because I'm like I'VE ACTUALLY BEEN PRACTICING THIS GAME, but on the other, I'm like...man, zoning works even with all of these great movement options. I love it.

Mizerman

It would be...wrong if I don't see Sagat throwing out fireballs while shouting "Tiger! Tiger!"

yeah, it's not like zoning is so good that everything else is obsolete. If you get in, you can still RTSD. Balrog for example, it's almost stupid to throw a FB against him, like ever. The tools aren't even anticipation tools, you can do all that stuff on reaction to seeing a FB. Weird.

Been playing a friend in KoF, and he doesn't know how to play KoF, but he's got a great understanding of spacing and footsies. He's bodying me just using psycho balls and whatever King's fireball is called.

On one hand, I'm pissed, because I'm like I'VE ACTUALLY BEEN PRACTICING THIS GAME, but on the other, I'm like...man, zoning works even with all of these great movement options. I love it.
Well to be fair, zoning HAS to be strong in a game with generally high mobility. Else what's the point of having it in the first place.

Though I agree with the notion that the fireball game in this season simply isn't strong unless you're Guile. Not that it was strong in Season 1 either but it's gotten a bit worse now.

Been playing a friend in KoF, and he doesn't know how to play KoF, but he's got a great understanding of spacing and footsies. He's bodying me just using psycho balls and whatever King's fireball is called. .

You referring to Venom Strike?

In SFV Sagat won't be able to do tiger shot low because of his old age and his knees not being able to handle the pressure of getting up of the ground throughout the match as a gameplay mechanic.

That's crazy...Guile is just a by-the-numbers difficult match for Ken, it always is, it's a play style weak matchup for Ken. But finally getting in, and breaking a defensive Guile is super exhilarating.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ugggghhhhhh.

For all the shit I may be giving Ken, I think his new default outfit is one of the best new outfits for a character I've seen in a LOOONNNGG time.

It looks so good and just fits his character so well. Just a shame that they butchered the face and decided to take a creative risk by making his hair out of a collection of bananas taped together.

Agreed. New Ken is a great piece of work outside of the char select screen. I don't even care about the bananas, I think his hair looks good in action. It's nicely physics-y but remains tidy and mostly non-glitchy.

I get why people want old fashioned gi Ken but goddamn his hair is wretched. Bangs with a pony tail? Why is that okay? I don't love it in Alpha but I get it. Anime. I don't think it translates to SFV's claymation style of hair at all.

Ugggghhhhhh.

it does, I use those two back n forth, only issue I have (even with the in-game model) is the hair is just too bright and it could use more detail, less clunk. This is the same for his alpha version, the hair doesn't flow right, it looks too clunky. Add on the fact that the best available color option for Ken is a Japanese exclusive color where Ken has a purple/black GI and his hair color is similar to Nash's default and looks more like a real-life blonde and not yellow lol.

I just want 1 or 2 more "cool" outfits man. They can cheap out and just do a 'Sexy' Ken and just have him like Ryu with a tank-top or something. And do a casual Ken in work-out gear or his Tux from story mode. Heck, even Psycho ken in the SFV artwork looked cool.

Skilletor

Well to be fair, zoning HAS to be strong in a game with generally high mobility. Else what's the point of having it in the first place.

Though I agree with the notion that the fireball game in this season simply isn't strong unless you're Guile. Not that it was strong in Season 1 either but it's gotten a bit worse now.

Right, but there are so many tools to get around fireballs now, it almost feels pointless to have them.

You referring to Venom Strike?

Yes! lol. Couldn't remember the name for some reason.

That's crazy...Guile is just a by-the-numbers difficult match for Ken, it always is, it's a play style weak matchup for Ken. But finally getting in, and breaking a defensive Guile is super exhilarating.

Yeah, that's what has always been best about SF to me. Keeping Gief out. Finally getting in on Sim or Guile.

LakeEarth

More people probably care about stages than DLC for a specific character.

I wouldn't buy any Bison DLC, but I'm buying this stage immediately.

While I do agree, it's frustrating that FIVE non-DLC characters still have only one premium costume from launch, while Chun is now on premium costume number five.

MrCarter

It really doesn't.

Capcom have a schedule, and they're sticking to it, but it's slowwwww.

Why would they make a costume for Juri, but not bother trying to actually balance her at all in the game, she's garbage and got 0 buffs and a nerf.

It REALLY does lol. Of course Capcom have a schedule so you are stating the obvious here but developing a game with great animation takes time. But yeah you do you.

Not when they are vastly different with so many factors to consider such as modelling, animation, number of frames and polygons, textures, lighting, shading etc - and the higher the quality of detail the more time consuming it is. I'm not trying to shit on Kof (hell, I'm not the one who even brought it up) but you can clearly tell thier models are PS2-like at best. Even Bloody Roar had better animation.

Neoxon

Yeah, comparing KoFXIV's visuals to PS2 games is a bit harsh. I'd say around Early PS3 would be a more apt comparison. And even then, SNK has made strides to improve the look of the game (namely through lighting).

MrCarter

Yeah, comparing KoFXIV's visuals to PS2 games is a bit harsh. I'd say around Early PS3 would be a more apt comparison. And even then, SNK has made strides to improve the look of the game (namely through lighting).

Well PS2 did give us Shadow of the Colossus to be fair. So it's not all bad lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom