• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

I thought that Ken had the same face in both of those just with way better lighting in the story mode.

It does look way better though.

MrCarter

This would take 10 seconds to fix. Why doesn't Capcom care?

C8dzxMxUIAAihYW.jpg:large

That looks much better. Is there a clip of it in motion?

Edzi

That looks much better. Is there a clip of it in motion?

They literally just photoshopped an image of his face from the story mode and pasted it over his normal face in the character select screen. The point is that his model is fine, it's the lighting, angle, and expression in the character select screen that makes him look hideous (which should be very easy to fix and adjust if only Capcom cared).

remz

I'm saying it's not an easylol10secondslazycacpcom fix.
Just changing the lighting alone means everyone else will be lit differently as well.

Is that true though? Kolin for example seems to have different lighting to everyone else on that screen (weird blue glow)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm saying it's not an easylol10secondslazycacpcom fix.
Just changing the lighting alone means everyone else will be lit differently as well.

I bet they could just use facial pose from the cutscene and not touch the lighting and it would still be an improvement. That open-mouth grin or whatever it's supposed to be is the biggest mistake.

I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that each character had its own lighting on the select screen. Wouldn't it be way more work to choose a single illumination setting and then get every character to look good under those conditions?

That makes him look like a legit corpse.

It would be ideal if they used a shade between corpse white and sunburn red.

All over my Twitter people are freaking out about the update not coming this month.

Even though it says in the blogpost at the end that more info on the April content is coming soon.

But to be fair, I didn't see it the first time, so I'm no different.

Ryce

I'm confident that the next character is going to be revealed this week and released on the 25th along with everything else. We haven't gotten a content drop this big since the July update with story mode, Ibuki, and Balrog.

Shadoken

I'm confident that the next character is going to be revealed this week and released on the 25th along with everything else. We haven't gotten a content drop this big since the July update with story mode, Ibuki, and Balrog.

what about the Season 2 patch with Akumer?

I bet they could just use facial pose from the cutscene and not touch the lighting and it would still be an improvement. That open-mouth grin or whatever it's supposed to be is the biggest mistake.

I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that each character had its own lighting on the select screen. Wouldn't it be way more work to choose a single illumination setting and then get every character to look good under those conditions?

It's probably a combination of both, since the scene is setup to make it seem the light is coming for behind/center (the globe) on all characters I believe, you can't just suddenly have a dominant light source from another angle, that would just look super weird.

MrCarter

All over my Twitter people are freaking out about the update not coming this month.

Even though it says in the blogpost at the end that more info on the April content is coming soon.

That's the sort of click-bait, impatient, feed-me-hold-me culture I despise. They need to learn how to read as it says it directly in the text. Even the BestOfVShow today annoyed me with thier lack of research and they are meant to be the pros lol.

That's the sort of click-bait, impatient, feed-me-hold-me culture I despise. They need to learn how to read as it says it directly in the text. Even the BestOfVShow today annoyed me with thier lack of research and they are meant to be the pros lol.

Even David and James are no different. I've seen them mention stuff and I'm like "yo, it's in the text fam". I get skepticism, because as a consumer, they have to earn your trust back, but ignoring them straight up saying "more stuff is coming in April" is so dumb.

What baffles me are the people who say their rants come from a place of love. Maybe, to some extent, they do. But I'm pretty passionate about Capcom, and I have a lot of criticisms, and because of that, I try to keep things tethered to reality. Like, be honest, if you are coming from a place of love and want the game to be better, the very least you can do is acknowledge the good when it finally arises. Otherwise they are going to stop giving a shit because it'll be impossible to please the consumer.

I have some problems and issues with community, and it's not all on Capcom. Like, that Javits dude will post tech, and then twenty tweets of "oh this game is busted" and "oh here comes the defender" are the response. That dude is trying to help people learn and the thanks he gets is a bunch of shitposts. It's so grating.

Like, I'm not asking for people to suck Capcom off and lord knows they've done a lot of dumb shit to warrant some snark. But continuously being belittling and not giving back to a product you supposedly want to make better is silly. And by giving back, I mean at most taking the time to read a blog post in full.

Whoops, that turned into a rant.

MrCarter

Even David and James are no different. I've seen them mention stuff and I'm like "yo, it's in the text fam". I get skepticism, because as a consumer, they have to earn your trust back, but ignoring them straight up saying "more stuff is coming in April" is so dumb.

What baffles me are the people who say their rants come from a place of love. Maybe, to some extent, they do. But I'm pretty passionate about Capcom, and I have a lot of criticisms, and because of that, I try to keep things tethered to reality. Like, be honest, if you are coming from a place of love and want the game to be better, the very least you can do is acknowledge the good when it finally arises. Otherwise they are going to stop giving a shit because it'll be impossible to please the consumer.

I have some problems and issues with community, and it's not all on Capcom. Like, that Javits dude will post tech, and then twenty tweets of "oh this game is busted" and "oh here comes the defender" are the response. That dude is trying to help people learn and the thanks he gets is a bunch of shitposts. It's so grating.

Like, I'm not asking for people to suck Capcom off and lord knows they've done a lot of dumb shit to warrant some snark. But continuously being belittling and not giving back to a product you supposedly want to make better is silly. And by giving back, I mean at most taking the time to read a blog post in full.

Whoops, that turned into a rant.

Nah I feel you. It's one thing to want content, communication and patches or whatnot but it's another when some consumers still whine and cry when they do actually get them. It stars to get counter-productive and leads to this kind of fatigue that no matter what they do it won't be "enough". Which is clearly not the case. Not saying Capcom are perfect by any means, however I think some credit should be given where it's due.

I think Capcom have done very well this year in terms of communicating and has giving us updates about content or characters every month but I think what they really do need is a CORE community manager (possibly someone very well known in the FGC) for SFV to relay tidbits of information back to the audience - and in order to do that, that they need to sever some ties at Capcom Japan.

Blueblur1

I couldn't agree more. The community is awful at recognizing the things that have been addressed and just dogpile on Capcom while barely reading the blog posts they put out.

It doesn't help that you have groups like r/kappa constantly tearing into the game while never adding anything of value. That lunacy bleeds over into Twitter and r/streetfighter as well. Its resulted in what looks like a very stubborn and simple-minded playerbase that will never be pleased by anything Capcom does. The most mature level-headed community is this one right here.

Nah I feel you. It's one thing to want content, communication and patches or whatnot but it's another when some consumers still whine and cry when they do actually get them. It stars to get counter-productive and leads to this kind of fatigue that no matter what they do it won't be "enough". Which is clearly not the case. Not saying Capcom are perfect by any means, however I think some credit should be given where it's due.

I think Capcom have done very well this year in terms of communicating and has giving us updates about content or characters every month but I think what they really do need is a CORE community manager (possibly someone very well known in the FGC) for SFV to relay tidbits of information back to the audience - and in order to do that, that they need to sever some ties at Capcom Japan.

Yeah, good luck with that. As far as Capcom Japan is concerned, Western Community Management screwed the pooch last year. This is why you don't see guys like Combofiend or Haunts or other known FGC'ers who are in Capcom now, who could certainly do the community manager role on the side, even though many of them want to, to an extent. Like i've said in the past though, this is Capcom JP's show now.

To the poster you were responding to - look, it is what it is. Objectively, SFV is in a far better place than it was a year ago. Don't think that the devs working in/with Capcom on SFV doesn't know that the more casual feature-set that fans have been requesting has gone unfulfilled to this point. I've alluded to there being way more in the works than you have seen, and that still holds true. It's frustrating that Capcom can't even discuss a roadmap for that stuff, but they prefer one big announcement versus a smaller dripfeed. However, service games sorta live on the small drip feed. It would be nice if there was someone from the community regularly engaging the audience, so at least it didn't feel everyone is talking to a void of a company, but considering the only thing they'd be able to respond to the majority of questions that you do want answered is "We're not ready to talk about that yet", I can't guarantee that things would be any better if there was regular engagement on the community side.

On the list of priorities though, getting CFN stable & fixed was no.1, and a lot of work from certain teams went into this April update for that specific reason. That isn't the entirety of what is being worked on there. It sucks that we have big community leaders, like Ultra/Chen, proceed to just dump on them and not bother reading the blog post, but it just goes to show you that even when Capcom does try to do the dripfeed thing (like what is happening these next 2 weeks), the fans just get impatient & want all the things known now or they just proceed to shit all over Capcom.

MCD250

Watching the ESL rerun, Kbrad vs Dr. Danny Pham. It is straight nuts to me how fearless Kbrad is while fighting Gief, and how well he does in the matchup. I'm always wary and defensive whenever I encounter a Gief online.

Very button and footsie-heavy set, too. It's pretty good.

How many of you guys absolutely have to go out on a win while playing online?

That leads to a bigger tilt factor for me.

Nah I feel you. It's one thing to want content, communication and patches or whatnot but it's another when some consumers still whine and cry when they do actually get them. I

I'd love Capcom Japan to smarten up, but that'll never happen. The patch notes coming out in English first was extremely weird. But this is par for the course in a lot of gaming communities, I guess.

The most mature level-headed community is this one right here.

I do have to give a shoutout to r/StreetFighter, because they do good when they don't get the spill over, but the people here are amazing as well. Kappa doesn't even make sense. They hate the game, but tournaments or hype moments come up and it's pages of them being like " yeah that's cool", then when it's over it's back to hating SFV again.

On the list of priorities though, getting CFN stable & fixed was no.1, and a lot of work from certain teams went into this April update for that specific reason. That isn't the entirety of what is being worked on there. It sucks that we have big community leaders, like Ultra/Chen, proceed to just dump on them and not bother reading the blog post, but it just goes to show you that even when Capcom does try to do the dripfeed thing (like what is happening these next 2 weeks), the fans just get impatient & want all the things known now or they just proceed to shit all over Capcom.

Yeah, It's a shame that there isn't more communication, but recently it's fine. If April goes by and we get nothing, let's riot, but to me it's crazy that people flipped out over the blog post. Transparency of development might help, and honestly them dumping a big update is probably something the FGC still wants since we are tethered to that life, but people gotta relax.

Nowadays, as long as they keep to a normalized schedule, and inform us of delays, I'm fine with it. Shit happens. After a certain point, it just becomes a nothingburger for me. Tekken 7's delay is a similar thing. Sucks, but life goes on, and the game will be better for it. No need for rushed content.

Thats really the big takeaway that Capcom got that the fans seemingly didn't - they aren't going to rush content out the door. This stuff isn't tied to a fiscal calendar or contract anymore, so they can take the time they need to get it right. So many of SFV's problems stem from specifically not giving the game the time it needs in the oven to make a release schedule.

As for missing April - they gave us a release date for the patch and some of the content in it. We know there is more in this update. I personally cannot wait to hop back in when the patch is live.

Numb

Kolin Was such a disappointment I need the new people quick
It better not be some random background character
That dude in the hoodie in the story is also whack

I'm actually dreading the new patch. I finally settled on a character. I don't need another character fucking crisis, but some of these changes. Wew.

Numb

I don't need all these Alex buffs or returning S1 properties
Just return season 1 cr.MP

I'll keep the boosted health tho

I don't need all these Alex buffs or returning S1 properties
Just return season 1 cr.MP

I'll keep the boosted health tho
-25 health
-25 stun
-reduce horizontal hitbox range of either crouching medium button

+revert st.mp nerfs entirely
+buff horizontal and vertical hitbox of cr.hp to beat deep jump ins
+give nerfed crouching medium button light special cancels
+one frame armor on ex slash elbow
+oki returned to ex air knee strike
+slightly increase powerbomb range across the board

Congrats on entering top ten, Alex. Now you can enjoy your tickets to duff city and st.mkville when you run into Punk or Nuckledu at top eights.

How could someone leave before a win?

That leads to a bigger tilt factor for me.

I've never gone out on a loss but it puts a lot of pressure when you're tired or have to go run to the store real quick. It puts pressure to the point that it prevents me from booting up the game sometimes and that's not good at all. And as you said Spoiler, it makes me lose more because all I'm thinking about it winning so I can get going with whatever I need to do at that moment.

It's a silly tradition that maybe I need to put an end to. I need to get back to the idea of playing to get better, not to win, because at the end of the day, I still suck no matter if I beat this super gold, throw spamming, over jumping scrub or not.

Xeteh

I like the new costumes a lot but holy shit how many costumes do Ryu and Chun need? They have something like 3438 different costumes but I can't even buy the awesome Necalli costume. YES I'M STILL MAD I MISSED IT.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";234214451]>:-|

Kolin the god[/QUOTE]

He couldn't have been any more wrong.

My hope is that in the same way season 1 DLC characters were a sign of things to come with meterless reversals going away, that Kolin is a sign of the kind of damage to expect in the future.

Anti air normals should be doing 50% more to airborne opponents instead of scaling down.

That's stupid, that might motivate people to jump in LESS.
Ok one
Kolin is dope
Two Ed is also Dope shut your dumb mouth
Kolin is indeed dope.

Ed is ehh..
Kolin Was such a disappointment I need the new people quick
It better not be some random background character
That dude in the hoodie in the story is also whack
What character do you play in Tekken?

So I can try to mock your tastes accordingly.

25th! Can't wait for fixed lobbies! :D

I learned something mindblowing today.

Wait for it.

If you have your finger on the button you use for an anti-air

It makes it faster to anti-air people

agtmbomg.gif

I think I need some sleep.
Unless you're Birdie then a bullhorn comes out instead of a cr.mp and you're fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom