• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Kolin was alright. Can't counter the problems of the rest of the game though.

Also if we're buffing jumps give Kolin Sadira's jump capabilities

Laggy Sadiras are the fucking worst.

Sadira in general is just the fucking worst. No lessons should be learned from that character, other than "Never try to emulate Sadira".

mbpm1

Laggy Sadiras are the fucking worst.

Sadira in general is just the fucking worst.

Hold this double jump into three(?) way jump in mixup yo

Hold it so deep you pick it up in other games :D

also sadira has a cooler design than most sfv characters, but that's neither here nor there

Hold this double jump into three(?) way jump in mixup yo

Hold it so deep you pick it up in other games :D

also sadira has a cooler design than most sfv characters, but that's neither here nor there
Yeah, she can follow through on her jump arc for a crossup , jump back at the last second to land on the original side or go up in the air to do a stomp which doesn't cross up but because this is KI, she can cancel that stomp back into her stomp.

The worst part is when it's lagging and you KNOW what they're gonna do and try to do a DP in the right direction but it doesn't come out because the rollback still thought that you were doing the input on the wrong side until it was too late and you were already hit.

I've said it before but I think Orchid's ability to cancel an AA cr.hp into a jump which can then be followed through with an air throw is something Kolin should definitely have. She really seems like the "make one wrong move and I'll break your get in your face" type character and this would definitely be fitting.

mbpm1

I've said it before but I think Orchid's ability to cancel an AA cr.hp into a jump which can then be followed through with an air throw is something Kolin should definitely have. She really seems like the "make one wrong move and I'll get in your face" type character and this would definitely be fitting.

Kolin could have a lot of things.

Somehow there always seems to be more that sfv could be doing.

Rymuth

Yeah, good luck with that. As far as Capcom Japan is concerned, Western Community Management screwed the pooch last year. This is why you don't see guys like Combofiend or Haunts or other known FGC'ers who are in Capcom now, who could certainly do the community manager role on the side, even though many of them want to, to an extent. Like i've said in the past though, this is Capcom JP's show now..
Refresh my memory - they messed up the release date for one of the DLC characters, I think?

Refresh my memory - they messed up the release date for one of the DLC characters, I think?
Capcom JP didn't want to give a roadmap because it forces a time table on them that they might not be able to stick to. But Capcom USA decided to release one anyway.

And not following the timetable is exactly what happened when Ibuki came a month later than was anticipated.Though granted Balrog also came a month early.

Capcom JP didn't want to give a roadmap because it forces a time table on them that they might not be able to stick to. But Capcom USA decided to release one anyway.

And not following the timetable is exactly what happened when Ibuki came a month later than was anticipated.Though granted Balrog also came a month early.

The timetable was thrown out without their approval way before that happened, but it did heavily contribute to Capcom JP's decision to make them point on any & all information RE: what was coming up for SFV. They also blamed various offices that weren't theirs for leaks & such. I'm not gonna dig it up myself, but i'm pretty sure there was a blog post that Capcom JP put up at some point, throwing the non-Capcom JP communications team under the bus. The Capcom USA team put up the entire post verbatim but edited out that part (naturally).

The timetable was thrown out without their approval way before that happened, but it did heavily contribute to Capcom JP's decision to make them point on any & all information RE: what was coming up for SFV. They also blamed various offices that weren't theirs for leaks & such. I'm not gonna dig it up myself, but i'm pretty sure there was a blog post that Capcom JP put up at some point, throwing the non-Capcom JP communications team under the bus. The Capcom USA team put up the entire post verbatim but edited out that part (naturally).
if you ever get to speak to anyone who can make changes, please tell them to spread out the costume love, Ken fans feel like Capcom USA and Capcom Japan hates us, and stop nerfing characters and let the seemingly too strong ones rock out for a while. '-)

Tks...

Reading some of the comments about the lack of costumes for many characters only reminds me of how big a missed opportunity the school motif was. Gym teacher gief, Principal Sim, Sporty Karin and long dress using Yankee Ibuki could have been amazing. Alex could have been the perfect opportunity to design a Yankee alt with a blonde pompadour, too. Well, it's either that or basketball star Alex because that white boy can jump like he belongs in Space Jam (wait, I just realized Necalli is the perfect candidate for a basketball alt LOL).

Oh, and say it with me now. S C H O O L N U R S E C A M M Y

So much sadness

Anyone got a link for all the colours for the Kolin nostalgia costume? EDIT:Nvm, found it https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...ster-egg-variation-street-fighter-5-season-2/

Also regarding those costumes that SolarPowered mentioned:

(i) Alex PE Teacher NEEDS to be a thing.
(ii) Necalli should be a basketball player and he should wear a headband. That headband EXPLODES off when he activates V-Trigger. Kinda thinking that he turns into something like Teen Wolf.
(iii) Nurse Cammy is magnificent.
(iv) Nerd F.A.N.G needs to be a thing.
(v)Schoolgirl Kolin also needs to be a thing.

Also quoting Ryce from that thread in gaming.
Now I kinda wanna see some more school-themed costumes.

Varsity Ken
Professor Zangief
Cheerleader Laura
Graduate F.A.N.G
Bully Balrog
Dad Zangief is also a thing I wanna see, he was already dressed like that in one of his moves in Pocket Fighter.

Prefect Bison is also a thing that needs to happen.

You know those kids that get a little responsibility and then certainly turn into Hitler.

Numb

-25 health
-25 stun
-reduce horizontal hitbox range of either crouching medium button

+revert st.mp nerfs entirely
+buff horizontal and vertical hitbox of cr.hp to beat deep jump ins
+give nerfed crouching medium button light special cancels
+one frame armor on ex slash elbow
+oki returned to ex air knee strike
+slightly increase powerbomb range across the board

Congrats on entering top ten, Alex. Now you can enjoy your tickets to duff city and st.mkville when you run into Punk or Nuckledu at top eights.
The feel of top tier
Ok one
Kolin is dope
Two Ed is also Dope shut your dumb mouth
Hush now

That's stupid, that might motivate people to jump in LESS.
Kolin is indeed dope.

Ed is ehh..What character do you play in Tekken?

So I can try to mock your tastes accordingly.

Unless you're Birdie then a bullhorn comes out instead of a cr.mp and you're fucked.
I play Mokujin in Tekken ;_;
So everyone?

Anti air normals should be doing 50% more to airborne opponents instead of scaling down.

Fuck that. Won't solve the problem of AAs getting stuffed still.

Just widen the hitboxes a bit and maybe have some combo potential on them. Spacing is such a big deal in this game but I don't want jump-ins to be completely butt. Just make AAs more useful AND give them more utility.

I play Mokujin in Tekken ;_;
So everyone?
I can't comment on your tastes.

Can't mock something that doesn't exist.
Fuck that. Won't solve the problem of AAs getting stuffed still.

Just widen the hitboxes a bit and maybe have some combo potential on them. Spacing is such a big deal in this game but I don't want jump-ins to be completely butt. Just make AAs more useful AND give them more utility.
THIS THIS THIS.

Problem isn't the lack of damage, it's the fact that AAs are so unreliable as compared to how good jump-ins are.

Numb

I can't comment on your tastes.

Can't mock something that doesn't exist.

THIS THIS THIS.

Problem isn't the lack of damage, it's the fact that AAs are so unreliable as compared to how good jump-ins are.
Why won't they add him in 7?

giphy.gif

Expanding on my Premium Skin idea.
What do you guys think of the concept of "Premium Skins" for this game?

A skin that not only changes the look of the character but also the look of some special moves.

I'm imagining Violent Ken as a Premium Skin. Some slight ambient purple particle effects on the character, change the skin (obviously), add a filter to the voice (like Nightmare Geese in KoF XIV) and finally make all the fire effects purple. Evil Ryu would work similarly.

Also imagining Heel Rainbow Mika. Not just change the skin, but also change Nadeshiko entirely too, making her look completely different. Maybe add a particle effect to her command grab or something?
The Patriot skin for Guile. Adds a cape to his outfit that has a drawing of a Bald Eagle. His booms are now red,white and blue. When he combs his hair in his post-win screen, small Red/White/Blue fireworks happen in the background.

Bionic Commando skin for Balrog. Replaces his arms with Bionic arms. Only gameplay changes are that he says BIOONNIIIICCC AAARRRRRMMMM in his CA instead of whatever he says now.

Gentleman skin for Birdie. Balrog is now dressed like an Aristocrat. He throws a bottle of wine on the floor instead of a can.

Numb

Haggar Gief

No amount of outfits will make Birdie look good
Throw away this garbage redesign and give him back his old cool look back(stance and everything)
Mods don't help
It can be counted as a nostalgia costume

MrCarter

It doesn't help that you have groups like r/kappa constantly tearing into the game while never adding anything of value.

There is no denying that r/Kappa is one of the most toxic and immature places on the internet that attracts all sorts of waifs and strays from all over the world, but getting downvoted by a group of insecure, overgrown men constantly whining and dog piling on a game they don't even want to understand is hilarious. To them SFIV is apparently the best fighting game ever made - and that tells you everything you need to know about r/Kappa.

Even more:

Chinese Empress/Chinese Princess Chun-Li. Skin is as it sounds. Adds flower-petals to the trail of her Kikoken.

Babyback Akuma. Inspired by the concept art that showed Akuma carrying a baby on his back. Pretty much exactly as the concept art described, baby goes to sleep when Akuma goes into V-Trigger which allows him to unleash the SATSUI NO MOTHERFUCKING HADO.

There is no denying that r/Kappa is one of the most toxic and immature places on the internet that attracts all sorts of waifs and strays from all over the world, but getting downvoted by a group of insecure, overgrown men constantly whining and dog piling on a game they don't even want to understand is hilarious. To them SFIV is apparently the best fighting game ever made - and that tells you everything you need to know about r/Kappa.
I can't even imagine CountBlack's reaction to this post.

MrCarter

I can't even imagine CountBlack's reaction to this post.

No offence to him of course. Compared to some people on there he is a decent poster. I just stay away from there anyway because I know I won't be able to get any modicum of intelligent conversation from that thread. r/StreetFighter is more balanced though like on here.

myco666

Haggar Gief

No amount of outfits will make Birdie look good
Throw away this garbage redesign and give him back his old cool look back(stance and everything)
Mods don't help
It can be counted as a nostalgia costume

What? Take that back! Birdie looks great.

Village

To be fair, everyone on the roster throws shade at birdie in the win quotes

a win quote I never really payed attention to, rog seems to imply he is going to kill zangief and feed him to his dogs.

Numb

To be fair, everyone on the roster throws shade at birdie in the win quotes

a win quote I never really payed attention to, rog seems to imply he is going to kill zangief and feed him to his dogs.

Old Birdie is threatening just walking.
birdie-walkin.gif

Ready to get into some shit at the sligthest diss

But new Birdie?

giphy.gif

Looks and walk

stopitslime.png

Village

Old Birdie is threatening just walking.
birdie-walkin.gif

Ready to get into some shit at the sligthest diss

New birdier looks even more threatening, homie is pulling up his pants and leaning at you, he's like 8 feet tall, and despite his gut has gigantic tree trunk arms.

Though I do have something that might help what ails you

Fuck I want more Capcom crossover costumes. It'd be a great way to promote marvel or other IPs.

This, Give ken a Dante costume, like an official one. They literally have the same VO, do it

Ucchedavāda;234228429 said:
Juri doesn't:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

To be fair

she could be talking about murder

I dunno, I kinda like Birdie in this game. He was a jobber before, he's somewhat less of a jobber now.

The only real issue is that if the premium costume for him is any indication, every costume will just come down to "Birdie in a costume but it's ill-fitting. Cause he's fat. GET IT?HAHAHAHAHAHASHOOTME"

There are very real ways to make him look cool even in his fat state by just covering up that glutton's belly. That Aristocrat one I posted, dress him up like a mobster from the 1920's.

Looks like Gachikun is moving to Tokyo from Hiroshima. Moving Tokyo gives him better practice so it might give him a push just like how Momochi started doing better after moving to Tokyo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom