• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I kinda like Birdie in this game. He was a jobber before, he's somewhat less of a jobber now.

The only real issue is that if the premium costume for him is any indication, every costume will just come down to "Birdie in a costume but it's ill-fitting. Cause he's fat. GET IT?HAHAHAHAHAHASHOOTME"

There are very real ways to make him look cool even in his fat state by just covering up that glutton's belly. That Aristocrat one I posted, dress him up like a mobster from the 1920's.
Alex begs to differ.

04_alexwin04.jpg

mbpm1

The only real issue is that if the premium costume for him is any indication, every costume will just come down to "Birdie in a costume but it's ill-fitting. Cause he's fat. GET IT?HAHAHAHAHAHASHOOTME"

that seems to be japanese reaction to fat people in general

Pompadour

I dunno, I kinda like Birdie in this game. He was a jobber before, he's somewhat less of a jobber now.

There are very real ways to make him look cool even in his fat state by just covering up that glutton's belly. That Aristocrat one I posted, dress him up like a mobster from the 1920's.

I really like fat Birdie. He feels like a badass unlike Rufus. The only thing about him that annoys me is his winpose.

that seems to be japanese reaction to fat people in general

I really love how in Persona 5 (very mild P5 spoilers) that when you
travel to Hawaii the interstitial loading screens with the silhouettes of pedestrians changes to include a morbidly obese man drinking from a Big Gulp

Like Nash gets to talk shit getting brought back to life for the sole purpose of killing one dude only to get murked forcing Ryu to finish the job.

Story mode Nash: Spared with Ryu acts friendly
Versus mode Nash: Die
General Story: ...

Either there are 3 copies of Nash or Capcpom forgot what Nash suppose to be.

Village

Like Nash gets to talk shit getting brought back to life for the sole purpose of killing one dude only to get murked forcing Ryu to finish the job.

I wont blame nash for the problems with capcoms writing.

The thing with tekken is, they don't have to force their main characters to be inmportant, because from day one, they have been important. Ryu is some asshole who runs arounds the woods and occasionally into more populated aries spouting psuedo philosophical bable like the goddamn homlessman he is , while fighting people not understanding why he fights.

Ryu wouldn't be important to most stories at all, if it wasn't for the dark hado and considering at the point in the story he had essentially gotten rid of it, he wasn't important to any story at all. And all evil corporations who would be interested in such things would work around it because they are to whimpy to even go anywhere near akuma.

My point being, ryu hasn't been important to the plot of SF for quite some time, and doesn't really need to be, but capcom feels like he does.

Like this could have been an excellent moment for

Chun Li to be the real main character
Or cammy getting revenge again bison, and she took him out
Or Guile Getting revenge for his friend, and through good ol fashion ' murican anger maybe becoming as powerful as charlie was.
Or Nash killing bison and sacrificing himself, finally dying representing a changing of the guard. That SF can't be attached to all these old characters anymore.

But no , ryu, because they can't accept that ryu is a nothing ass fight man, and that's all he really should be. Someone who trains more interesting characters.

Devil

Hi guys.

I'd like to catch up on SFV Tournaments. I haven't watched anything since Season 2, so I'd be interested in watching some S2 tourneys. What good ones have there been up until now?

Sadly I'll be completely offline (except for mobile internet) in a few days again so the tourneys would need to be uploaded to something like youtube where I can easily download them from to watch later while I'm offline again.

Thanks in advance!

MCD250

Hi guys.

I'd like to catch up on SFV Tournaments. I haven't watched anything since Season 2, so I'd be interested in watching some S2 tourneys. What good ones have there been up until now?

Sadly I'll be completely offline (except for mobile internet) in a few days again so the tourneys would need to be uploaded to something like youtube where I can easily download them from to watch later while I'm offline again.

Thanks in advance!
Final Round was *really good* this year. Tons of character variety and hype moments. I'm pretty sure you can find all of it on YouTube, though the best parts probably come from top 32 matches. There's also Eleague, which has incredible presentation and production values for a fighting game tournament, but I haven't been able to watch as much of that.

Ryce

Ucchedavāda;234236121 said:
The Capcom Unity blog said the same thing:
Yeah, but I know some people were worried that they might have been talking about the new CFN and balance changes. The Japanese blog makes it more clear that we're actually getting brand new information soon.

Ryce

These additional balance changes and the next Season 2 DLC character were originally planned to launch at the end of April. Since both of these were developed under the new CFN infrastructure, they have to release alongside the new CFN when it is ready.
Unbelievable.

MrCarter

I think the character "reveal" is coming this month but will be released in May. At least they are honest and it's better to release it when it's ready. At the end it says "there is still-to-be-announced content" for April so I wonder what else it is if it's not a new character.

Remember when I told you that unforeseen things may have come up in the CFN beta causing a push? Now you know why. New character is being revealed very soon, however.

MCD250

So the new character and CFN changes are coming out in May, but there's still unannounced stuff that will come out in April? Am I reading that right?

I wonder what that could be.

Naarmight

lol I thought they would not release a character this month as the new CFN and balance would be too much for them to manage anything else, but to not manage any.... lol

That said part of me wonders if they are just delaying the balance patch for E-league

I'm fine with this. Seems like we'll be able to play the new character soon with the beta anyways.

Yup. Should be end of May for the new release schedule. However, the next character on the DLC schedule hasn't moved from it's targeted release, so they should be releasing in a patch at the end of June.

lol I thought they would not release a character this month as the new CFN and balance would be too much for them to manage anything else, but to not manage any.... lol

That said part of me wonders if they are just delaying the balance patch for E-league

It doesn't hurt, staying out of E-Leagues way, but they honestly just needed more time ironing out the issues found in the CFN update from the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom