• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I hope they show Ed on Pro Talk tonight

tenor.gif

FUCKING YES!

I love Ed, so this is amazing for me. Can't wait to see more.

Please, help me see the appeal. All I see is a edgy hooded teen in bland clothing who is ultimately another doll, this time with hand me down psycho powers. Other than some form of relationship with Boxer, what else is there to him?

Village

Please, help me see the appeal. All I see is a edgy hooded teen in bland clothing who is ultimately another doll, this time with hand me down psycho powers. Other than some form of relationship with Boxer, what else is there to him?

He's a cool guy in a hood trained by balrog and has psycho powers

That's hype as fuck

Edzi

If half the stuff people are speculating about/leaking in the MvCi thread are true, Capcom didn't learn anything from SFV about dumbing down their games for casuals. If they're true, SFV probably has no chance of being dethroned by MvCi either.

Femto.

I finish Persona 5 and come back to a eight hour server maintenance just for adding DLC.

Hopefully the new CFN fixes this.

If half the stuff people are speculating about/leaking in the MvCi thread are true, Capcom didn't learn anything about dumbing down their game for casuals from SFV. If they're true, SFV probably has no chance of being dethroned by MvCi either.

Spill the deets.

ElFly

If half the stuff people are speculating about/leaking in the MvCi thread are true, Capcom didn't learn anything from SFV about dumbing down their games for casuals. If they're true, SFV probably has no chance of being dethroned by MvCi either.

are you really arguing that SFV problems are due to dumbing down the game?

instead of, you know, refusing to put even an arcade mode like a year later and having shit online etc etc

Edzi

I finish Persona 5 and come back to a eight hour server maintenance just for adding DLC.

Hopefully the new CFN fixes this.

Spill the deets.

Someone who people seem to take seriously is claiming that DP motion is gone, replaced by pressing down twice. He also says there are a lot more gameplay simplifications that will all be revealed soon. I heard speculation of one button combos too.

instead of, you know, refusing to put even an arcade mode like a year later and having shit online etc etc

That's not what I said at all, though lol at you implying that arcade mode is the problem.

Femto.

I feel like the bolded part would be useless at this point other than to serve as an apology.

SFV is a dumbed down game and makes it "boring" from a spectator's perspective. I actually like the game despite it's simplicity.

Someone who people seem to take seriously is claiming that DP motion is gone, replaced by pressing down twice. He also says there are a lot more gameplay simplifications that will all be revealed soon. I heard speculation of one button combos too.

What in the actual fuck.

I seriously hope that's not the case. Just put in a "style" mode.

Edzi

I feel like the bolded part would be useless at this point other than to serve as an apology.

SFV is a dumbed down game and makes it "boring" from a spectator's perspective. I actually like the game despite it's simplicity.

What in the actual fuck.

I seriously hope that's not the case. Just put in a "style" mode.

The way the guy in the thread is posting, it sounds like it's way more than that. :( Who knows though.

That's not what I said at all, though lol at you implying that arcade mode is the problem.
that would be like having bad brakes and getting your oil changed...lol

Who is complaining about ease of entry in SFV? Casuals didn't bite because there's not enough stuff to do besides get their face based in by us forum dwellers who know about frame rates.

Pretty asinine if any of that pans out. I'd say take with a huge grain of salt. Casuals just want more modes to beat up CPU with, a sense of progression like a world tour mode, and customization/items for characters.

MrCarter

Trailer is dropping this week. The copy that got leaked in the PSN store was written before they got word of the delay. Was never updated by either Capcom or Sony. Doesn't matter cause again, they were going to show Ed this week regardless. Ya'll just found out a few days early.

Based SneakersSO.

Scotia

Banned
Trailer is dropping this week. The copy that got leaked in the PSN store was written before they got word of the delay. Was never updated by either Capcom or Sony. Doesn't matter cause again, they were going to show Ed this week regardless. Ya'll just found out a few days early.

Thanks man. It's always nice to get conformation on these things 👍

XenoRaven

I'm sure the percentage is fairly small, but I would be interested in seeing the number of people who are mad about MvC DP motion changes who also mash the DP shortcut through blockstrings in SFIV.

KingBroly

Banned
SFV weak sales expectations wasn't from being too hard, the game was barebones, lacking many basic features USF4 had...

Capcom is going the total opposite with MVC:I because of SFV's sales, for better and worse. I feel like they might be regressing and then they'll throw their hands up in frustration if it doesn't work out.

- The game won't have Fight Money, so it won't be basically Online only
- This means no crossplay between systems
- It means more sales, but since Xbone got left behind on SFV, it might not matter much
- They're keeping their Season Pass Model
- Which means their DLC model of overpriced stuff is likely to stay
- They're also having a MASSIVELY EXPENSIVE Collector's Edition, which means they're hard pressed for profitability

Unless they said it like they did for Street Fighter V, Super Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is a possibility, IMO. So...as of right now, I don't think they've learned a thing from Street Fighter V other than not to release a full-priced game incomplete.

MrCarter

Niiiicccceeee

Can you distinctly hear Islamic Quranic verses in the background or is it just me? I hope here is no backlash against this as I know muslims can be very conservative about this sort of stuff. I personally don't mind it as I think it brings out the life and culture of the stage even further.

ElFly

there's not a lot of difference between a dp move and down down punch. it is just a muscle memory thing

autocombos would not be bad either? KOF has those and turns out they don't break the game

Edzi

Can you distinctly hear Islamic Quranic verses in the background or is it just me? I hope here is no backlash against this as I know muslims can be very comservative about this sort of stuff. I personally don't mind it as I think it brings out the life and culture of the stage even further.

Why would there be Quranic recitation in a Thai stage and how is that bringing out the life and culture of a Thailand stage?

Also, I'm Muslim and totally understand people being a little annoyed over it. It isn't really appropriate.

there's not a lot of difference between a dp move and down down punch. it is just a muscle memory thing

autocombos would not be bad either? KOF has those and turns out they don't break the game

I guess the hope is that the auto combos aren't the only combos available. Ryce seems to think that the characters lost some of their tools.

I'll be honest, part of me thinks this is just for the press build and that the reaction on the 'net will sway Capcom. Additionally, part of me thinks that the simplification is no big deal in certain parts and that it's not the final build therefore characters are missing moves.

But another part of me knows Disney's fuckery and the bumped up release date doesn't inspire too much hope. Sneakers, if you are there, give us hope!

Them putting the new DLC above everything is confusing me a little bit

They aren't "putting it above everything else".

They're working on multiple things at once, like most companies.

Just because one thing releases earlier doesn't mean it was started first, or that it was more important.

MrCarter

Why would there be Quranic recitation in a Thai stage and how is that bringing out the life and culture of a Thailand stage?

Also, I'm Muslim and totally understand people being a little annoyed over it. It isn't really appropriate.

I'm Muslim too. Doesn't Thailand have a small population that are Muslim? I can hear the Athaan (call for prayer) distinctly at the beginning and somewhere in the middle (1.20) of the track. Same, although I get where Capcom is coming from I also understand people might be offended by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom