• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so funny in this day in age everyone will nit pick the hell outta a simple tweet or few words on social media in a race to contort it as news or an update. Can you imagine the stress of being PR for something mass culture related these days? One wrong word and it's a blow-up posted permanently to the machine! I'm picturing myself as a PR manager and I think I'd end up hating people and the community as a whole turning away from my work.

At the end of the day you just gotta say that haters will be left behind.

Not one thing goes smoothly with this game, a leak or a huge problem is a given.

Hope MVCI will go ok.

EG7bQ.gif

Lulubop

They said SFV cast first, implying Ed isn't apart of the cast. I mean we know he is but I don't see how this is anything

It sounds like they'll get to Ed eventually but they're doing the base roster first.
It won't.

They never mention base roster, infact he says they're working on Kolin now!

Ya'll just looking for reasons to get at Capcom, also reading comprehension.

I'd imagine that leaks are happening with MvCI, but those in the know either respect the surprise or don't feel ballsy enough to out their info (beyond the occasional tease from Ryce or SneakersSO).

Remember that leak of MvC3's roster?

or that leak of SFV's roster?

or that leak of SFxTK's roster?

At this point, it's a competition of what method the roster will be leaked. Insider or website or data breach or picture of the character select screen (like KoF XIV) or data mining a beta or something.

But the MvC3 roster leak was by far the funniest.

It's so funny in this day in age everyone will nit pick the hell outta a simple tweet or few words on social media in a race to contort it as news or an update. Can you imagine the stress of being PR for something mass culture related these days? One wrong word and it's a blow-up posted permanently to the machine! I'm picturing myself as a PR manager and I think I'd end up hating people and the community as a whole turning away from my work.

At the end of the day you just gotta say that haters will be left behind.
This how I think Haunts felt with all the stupid shit people threw at him that wasn't his fault.

And I think MvCI will do better than SFV. Bunch a pessimists on this board smh.

FluxWaveZ

Two characters for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax were leaked through a Best Buy online product listing description. It's like a rite of passage.

Injustice 2's roster got leaked by an employee at the mobile app development team leaking the roster on 4chan, along with artwork for the mobile version which confirmed the authenticity of the leak.

This shit just happens almost all the time in fighting games, it'd be a bigger deal if it WASN'T leaked.
bc it's not ed
but Sony.

Neoxon

At this point, it's a competition of what method the roster will be leaked. Insider or website or data breach or picture of the character select screen (like KoF XIV) or data mining a beta or something.

Unless Capcom fucks up by putting the names in the code of either their website or a beta, it'd come down to if someone with insider intel just goes "fuck it" & reveals everything.

Lulubop

E3 next month, SDCC and Evo in july, hell the game in Sept. Nothing really needs to be leak, or at least it won't even matter.

Pompadour

I started coming to GAF entirely because the SSF4 roster was leaked here before the game was even announced.

JAXXX

i love leaks but the only leak i really felt bad about was SFV Laura. Ono had this secret big reveal in Brazil (with that huge statue of Laura )and some website released her pictures early. He went on twitter stating he was sad and disappeared for months.
qupOc

Edzi

i love leaks but the only leak i really felt bad about was SFV Laura. Ono had this secret big reveal in Brazil (with that huge statue of Laura )and some website released her pictures early. He went on twitter stating he was sad and disappeared for months.
qupOc

Laura sucks though, so it's fine.

jett

D-Member
After watching the last Tekken 7 trailer, i feel like blowing up with Napalm the whole Capcom company and sell the game immediately.

But still, SF fanboys will keep on purchasing 37 Chun-Li costumes at 6.00$ each.

lol

To this day I don't know if SFV was simply released grossly unfinished or if Capcom purposefully took out any meaningful single player mode in some misguided attempt to steer people into playing online.
whynotboth.jpg

lol

To this day I don't know if SFV was simply released grossly unfinished or if Capcom purposefully took out any meaningful single player mode to misguidedly force people into playing online.
whynotboth.jpg

What i am curious about is do more / less / the same amount of people play sfv online regularly. The obviously lost out on a lot of casual player purchases but i wonder if they (for what ever dumb reason) wanted to only target the online players. They will be where the people are that most likely buy the dlc so maybe thats where they imagine they will make the money long term?

Its crazy that they did what they did but i am curious about these things.

lol

To this day I don't know if SFV was simply released grossly unfinished or if Capcom purposefully took out any meaningful single player mode to misguidedly force people into playing online.
whynotboth.jpg

"Survival Mode was also one way for players to practice in an endurance run; if you complete Hell mode with the longest string of wins, you should be good to fight well online.”, SFV Assistant Producer Tomoaki Ayano

http://geekculture.co/interview-with-street-fighter-5-tomoaki-ayano/

LakeEarth

When SF5 launched, literally all you could do was training, survival mode, and those shitty prologues that you can finish in like 45 minutes (and local multiplayer, if you're lucky to have friends who play SF at your level). No arcade mode, no training mode (yet), no story mode (yet), matchmaking didn't work, battle lounge didn't work, servers completely failed. I took two days off for SF5's launch and I barely even got to play the damned thing.

They had FOUR BETAS, FOUR! And online was still fucking broken at launch. FOUR BETAS!

Hyun Sai

When SF5 launched, literally all you could do was training, survival mode, and those shitty prologues that you can finish in like 45 minutes (and local multiplayer, if you're lucky to have friends who play SF at your level). No arcade mode, no training mode (yet), no story mode (yet), matchmaking didn't work, battle lounge didn't work, servers completely failed. I took two days off for SF5's launch and I barely even got to play the damned thing.

They had FOUR BETAS, FOUR! And online was still fucking broken at launch. FOUR BETAS!

In my region lobbies started working correctly around one month after release. I don't remember any game I played where the launch was that disastrous, but I didn't play Master Chief Collection...

mbpm1

It was better in the betas than at launch lol

I guess the testing didn't help them much bc of the smaller influx of players? or s/t

Skilletor

It was better in the betas than at launch lol

I guess the testing didn't help them much bc of the smaller influx of players? or s/t

Dude, what happened? lol

They randomly added characters all the time in the betas. Now we need 8 hours of maintenance to add some outfits and a stage.

So people in locals in Norcal telling me that T7 gonna be dead as fuck on PC...

pls

I mean...it's a fighter on PC.

You'll probably be able to find lobbies, but I don't think you'll be able to play ranked much after the first few weeks.

Neoxon

I'm waiting on the day , folks forget and it happens again.
From the looks of it, those who are actually in the know about MvCI are doing a pretty good job of keeping their mouths shut (or at least only keeping leaks to teases rather than just saying it straight-up). I mean, it'd be interesting to see if anyone dropped any low-key leaks in plain sight for MvCI, but that's something we can find after the dust settles. Hell, perhaps we had some low-key leaks for SFV Season 2 (Ed aside) or possibly Season 3 without us noticing it.

Edzi

I mean...it's a fighter on PC.

You'll probably be able to find lobbies, but I don't think you'll be able to play ranked much after the first few weeks.

Seriously considering switching back to PS4 for T7 and Rev2... But I really don't want to.

Fuck this shit. I have to go back to Urien. I need to be able to play like a nut this weekend and I can't do that as well with Bison.

Which tournament?

jett

D-Member
What i am curious about is do more / less / the same amount of people play sfv online regularly. The obviously lost out on a lot of casual player purchases but i wonder if they (for what ever dumb reason) wanted to only target the online players. They will be where the people are that most likely buy the dlc so maybe thats where they imagine they will make the money long term?

Its crazy that they did what they did but i am curious about these things.

I have to assume less. SF4 was just that much more popular and was available on an additional console to boot.

Ucchedavāda;235495807 said:
"Survival Mode was also one way for players to practice in an endurance run; if you complete Hell mode with the longest string of wins, you should be good to fight well online.”, SFV Assistant Producer Tomoaki Ayano

http://geekculture.co/interview-with-street-fighter-5-tomoaki-ayano/

1448.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom