• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

I usually get matches within 30-60 seconds, I think. I'm in the US Mountain Zone, mostly fight Americans and the occasional player from Mexico or Canada. Sometimes there'll be the odd flag from another continent.

Every now and then it feels like the matchmaking sesrch will just hang there and take forever, but I find that pausing and unpausing it will soon make it turn up a match.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I get matches way quicker than 5 minutes.

So...don't you get punished for ragequitting in casual, too? I just had a Nash do it twice to me when I was about to kill him for the win.

KOF feels like the hardest for me besides anime games. I JUST found a team and now trying to get into canceling drives and shit or whatever. I'm fine with being trash at fighting games so long as I can play them.

I get really pissy at one game if I play it too long by itself. Like, some days I go too far down the rabbit hole and over-analysis the game, or notice the little things that piss me off. I quit Gundam Full Boost because of the tier situation when in reality it wasn't even that bad. If I play a bunch of fighters, I don't fall into getting overtly angry at a game. I kinda feel like playing a bunch of games keeps me focused on the fun parts and not so much on the negatives. I dunno.

How do you guys even fit all these games in your schedule? I put an hour into SFV or two, and the other ones get the remainder of my time, which is usually another hour or so. Depends on where I'm working from.

The thing I try to do is I have the one fighter that I'm super committed to learning and getting good at (which is Street Fighter V atm). Then there's GG and BB, where I'm not committing super hard to learning as much as I'm just playing the weird modes and doing the story mode stuff and kind of learning subconsciously through that.

My problem is that I feel like I have to learn the game if I ever want to play it regularly, mostly because I know the SP stuff isn't gonna last very long, and I want to fight other people but I don't have anyone to casually play this with that I also won't destroy. So I tend to avoid other fighters other than those three

That being said, if there was a new version of P4A(P5A?) I would totally fit that in no matter what.

I really, really wish that SNK would actually release something with a more single character focus again, because as much as I want to support their output I often times have difficulty choosing the one character I like enough to main in a game, let alone three. It's always been my main barrier with KOF. Give me more Garou.

Same here, I'd probably play SkullGirls more if it wasn't so centered around 3v3.

ElFly

just a month before the S2 balance patch was released I lost any interest in playing cause I knew the game was gonna change anyway

and now that a rebalance is coming I am feeling the same

maybe communication is actually bad. just release the damn rebalance one day

Skilletor

I love KoF, but I'll never be able to play it. Every character I enjoy is very difficult mechanically, and I just don't think it's worth the investment to learn a character as hard as, say, Angel, when I don't get to use her all the time.

I'll continue to buy and support it, but I'll never play it as much as a 1v1 fighter.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
just a month before the S2 balance patch was released I lost any interest in playing cause I knew the game was gonna change anyway

and now that a rebalance is coming I am feeling the same

maybe communication is actually bad. just release the damn rebalance one day
I'm like 96% sure that this new balance patch will be tiny and just a refinement on season 2. Definitely no reason to stop playing.

ElFly

I'm like 96% sure that this new balance patch will be tiny and just a refinement on season 2. Definitely no reason to stop playing.

all the japanese assholes saying this was zangief's year make me fear he is gonna be nerfed tho

I was reading an interview about how S2 might make the game less hype in terms of viewership, but I'm halfway through Topanga League and jesus lord I feel like that's not true at all. Daigo's first set against that 15-year-old Bison player was fucking insane. He crosses Daigo up with the teleport into SK. Tokido and Sako's Akuma look so damn different. I kinda expected Tokido to be far more aggressive.

I want CPT to start like right now. I'm fucking ready.

The thing I try to do is I have the one fighter that I'm super committed to learning and getting good at (which is Street Fighter V atm). Then there's GG and BB, where I'm not committing super hard to learning as much as I'm just playing the weird modes and doing the story mode stuff and kind of learning subconsciously through that.

My problem is that I feel like I have to learn the game if I ever want to play it regularly, mostly because I know the SP stuff isn't gonna last very long, and I want to fight other people but I don't have anyone to casually play this with that I also won't destroy. So I tend to avoid other fighters other than those three

That being said, if there was a new version of P4A(P5A?) I would totally fit that in no matter what.

We need to find a way of training smarter, not harder!

Alukus

Neo Member
I only watched the first video, but I don't think I saw a single wakeup ex flash kick.
I know it's scary that you might eat the CC, but you really have to do it at least once to make your opponent at least consider that you would do it.

This alex was just dashing up and all up in your grill every knockdown, make them respect the reversal.
Also, way too many sweeps man, shit is unsafe as hell.

Thanks. Definitely have a bad habit of that. I'll try and ex flash sometimes.

eventhubs is saying that this is the second weekly challenge that is a repeat

shit be dire in the mission mines

Let'em be. The last thing I care about is how I'm getting this free FM, so long as it ain't stupid shit. There's only so much they can do, and I can't say I mind "hit dude with a jumping attack ten times" again since it's piss easy.

"Hey guys, Haunts here. Just wanted to drop by and inform you about next week's patch. Seems like the missions aren't hard enough, so we've added "Beat Survival Mode On Extreme With Every Character" for 100 FM!"

Femto.

Definitely going to put some work into Kolin.

Capcom, give me a male character like Yun this season or Yun himself next season, because you are making me only play female rush downs.

I won't play Ken, I have a shitty fire ball game.

Well that part is interesting. We should see who they're listening to depending on the Zangief changes.
Gief sits at 10 in my top 10, but Capcom would be stupid to nerf him, he isn't broken.

Please buff Alex, I'm waiting on this pre CPT patch before I pick up Laura or Urien.

ElFly

Let'em be. The last thing I care about is how I'm getting this free FM, so long as it ain't stupid shit. There's only so much they can do, and I can't say I mind "hit dude with a jumping attack ten times" again since it's piss easy.

yeah but it kinda shows just how limited their daily mission system is, compared to something like, say, hearthstone

yeah but it kinda shows just how limited their daily mission system is, compared to something like, say, hearthstone

Honestly, I would have liked to see them ask more of people in training mode. Most of the missions have some sort of goal that relates to fundies (besides the obvious story mode throwaways). The reason I say training mode is because if you get too obtuse or too advance, people start grinding things out for FM and not playing "for real". Then it becomes the focal point of the match. Like, most people are going to land a jump attack within four days time on their own, but something like "land a target combo"? That starts seeping into people's gameplans.

Take people to training mode and have them practice a few things there. The system is fine as it is as a FM generator, but the additional practice it can give people in training mode would be neat.

MrCarter

Hearthstone is a deep and strategic card based game so I don't that is a fair comparison. One way they can make the daily missions less repetitive is to ensure we got a LOT more FM per match in ranked and casual. Say:

Platinum = 1000FM
Ultra Gold = 800FM
Super Gold = 700FM
Gold = 600FM
Ultra Silver = 500FM
Super Silver = 400FM
Silver = 300FM
Ultra Bronze = 200FM
Super Bronze = 150FM
Bronze = 100FM
Rookie = 50FM

I personally always pick 1 or 2 chars in skullgirls.
I usually use just Squigly against newbies and weak people. Bella and Parasoul are best against everyone else. Custom team sizes really make the team configurations very fluid. Definitely one of the reasons why I could play Skullgirls so much more than King of Fighters.
Hearthstone is a deep and strategic card based game so I don't that is a fair comparison. One way they can make the daily missions less repetitive is to ensure we got a LOT more FM per match in ranked and casual. Say:

Platinum = 1000FM
Ultra Gold = 800FM
Super Gold = 700FM
Gold = 600FM
Ultra Silver = 500FM
Super Silver = 400FM
Silver = 300FM
Ultra Bronze = 200FM
Super Bronze = 150FM
Bronze = 100FM
Rookie = 50FM
Cut these down by half and you've got my interest. Ranked right now is definitely a slog, but I don't want them to go completely into crazy territory either.

Neoxon

"Hey guys, Haunts here. Just wanted to drop by and inform you about next week's patch. Seems like the missions aren't hard enough, so we've added "Beat Survival Mode On Extreme With Every Character" for 100 FM!"
They'd have to throw 10k FM at me for me to even attempt Extreme, & even that may not be enough. Maybe 50k would do it.

Dahbomb

Platinum = 1000FM
Ultra Gold = 800FM
Super Gold = 700FM
Gold = 600FM
Ultra Silver = 500FM
Super Silver = 400FM
Silver = 300FM
Ultra Bronze = 200FM
Super Bronze = 150FM
Bronze = 100FM
Rookie = 50FM
Yeah I don't know about that...

vulva

Platinum = 1000FM
Ultra Gold = 800FM
Super Gold = 700FM
Gold = 600FM
Ultra Silver = 500FM
Super Silver = 400FM
Silver = 300FM
Ultra Bronze = 200FM
Super Bronze = 150FM
Bronze = 100FM
Rookie = 50FM
lol 1000FM to beat some shitty plat once? They want people to pay for shit and this would guarantee it doesn't happen

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's completely ridiculous, I would have millions of FM lol

Something else, though: How am I supposed to play against a turtle Balrog? Just slowly walking back, throwing out some good buttons and safe specials, anti-airing and dashing in from time to time. That is ridiculously hard to beat.

MCD250

I was reading an interview about how S2 might make the game less hype in terms of viewership, but I'm halfway through Topanga League and jesus lord I feel like that's not true at all. Daigo's first set against that 15-year-old Bison player was fucking insane. He crosses Daigo up with the teleport into SK. Tokido and Sako's Akuma look so damn different. I kinda expected Tokido to be far more aggressive.

I want CPT to start like right now. I'm fucking ready.
Watching that Daigo/Bison set right now. I wish Daigo had implemented this aggressive style during the first season when Ryu was godly. Feel like his performance during CPT could have been much better if he had.

Watching that Daigo/Bison set right now. I wish Daigo had implemented this aggressive style during the first season when Ryu was godly. Feel like his performance during CPT could have been much better if he had.

Yeah, I think he even said something about it during one of his streams. To be fair, a lot of players were trying to fit in holes that wouldn't fit.

Yeah that's completely ridiculous, I would have millions of FM lol

Something else, though: How am I supposed to play against a turtle Balrog? Just slowly walking back, throwing out some good buttons and safe specials, anti-airing and dashing in from time to time. That is ridiculously hard to beat.

Who do you play? Bully Rog. Rogs have shit on wakeups, and they get fucked in the corner. If your character can change his arc in the air, you can fuck up his AAs real easily. Also, Rog needs to go in to do anything, because he wants that meter. If you play patient, let him hang himself. You can block his overhead on reaction and his dash is super easy to bop if he doesn't space it right.

You basically want to get your shit started as soon as possible on a Rog and open them up before they can do it to you. Sometimes, as a Rog player, I might get some damage off a comeback, but it's usually too late if I've been bullied the whole round.

Neoxon

Platinum = 1000FM
Ultra Gold = 800FM
Super Gold = 700FM
Gold = 600FM
Ultra Silver = 500FM
Super Silver = 400FM
Silver = 300FM
Ultra Bronze = 200FM
Super Bronze = 150FM
Bronze = 100FM
Rookie = 50FM
What about Master?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you play? Bully Rog. Rogs have shit on wakeups, and they get fucked in the corner. If your character can change his arc in the air, you can fuck up his AAs real easily. Also, Rog needs to go in to do anything, because he wants that meter. If you play patient, let him hang himself. You can block his overhead on reaction and his dash is super easy to bop if he doesn't space it right.

You basically want to get your shit started as soon as possible on a Rog and open them up before they can do it to you. Sometimes, as a Rog player, I might get some damage off a comeback, but it's usually too late if I've been bullied the whole round.
Thanks, I will keep all of that in mind.

Hehe yeah was being a little too ambitious there :p

Maybe not as much but certainly way more than what we are getting now.
I think they don't want to give out most of the FM through matches because that's kind of exclusionary. Especially your model which favors better players, that's not the point. What they want is for people to come back regularly.

MrCarter

I think they don't want to give out most of the FM through matches because that's kind of exclusionary. Especially your model which favors better players, that's not the point. What they want is for people to come back regularly.

Indeed. I think what I wanted was for the game to reward more loyal, dedicated and skilled players but then, as you say, it wouldn't be fair on the entry level players. Hope they to try find a balance soon.

if they bumped it to 100FM per win and 50FM per loss, itd be fine. Or just bump it to 100FM and 0FM on loss

Reason people dont like FM is cause they don't get any FM for losing.
In most games with a currency you still get money for losing just not as much.

Pompadour

if they bumped it to 100FM per win and 50FM per loss, itd be fine. Or just bump it to 100FM and 0FM on loss

Reason people dont like FM is cause they don't get any FM for losing.
In most games with a currency you still get money for losing just not as much.

It's insane that all the FM is tied up in the half-assed singleplayer and the multiplayer, which is ostensibly the focus, gives basically nothing. The game needs to reward you more for playing, win or lose.

MCD250

I have to imagine that granting FM for losses would lead to an exponential increase in the number of farmers and peeps who just leave the game running with a brick on the X button.

Pompadour

I have to imagine that granting FM for losses would lead to an exponential increase in the number of farmers and peeps who just leave the game running with a brick on the X button.

They could institute a cap on FM per day for losses but games like Overwatch have solutions for idling. SFV should figure it out.

Iiiiiiiinteresting. Wonder why she has a QCB+MK move listed as a command normal instead of a special. Could that be her command dash?

EDIT: I'm an idiot; it's definitely just listed that way because they're target combo followups to her Vanity Step special.

Either way, I'm glad that her inputs are so simple. Was kind of worried that her arsenal would be full of half-circle and charge inputs based on the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom