• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think Alex players would be happy with him being Garbage. Stays true to his legacy.

SF5 Alex >>>>>>> 3S Alex

SF5 Alex can actually do well in tourneys in SF5.

3S Alex only does well in team tourneys, which says a lot...

Those disconnects are delicious.

Reminds me of GGXrd Sign when two of my friends simply could never be in the same lobby, no matter what. Some player to player connections simply don't work.

A tweet by the Director of Licensing and Consumer Products at Capcom (USA)

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/816529321711968257

It's become a meme that we're going to be left behind, check the title of the OT.

I love how he still hasn't deleted the tweet yet.

A rare moment of Harada-like "F-U ism" from Capcom. They should do it more. Not like people don't already attack them 24/7. Go full heel.

So since we have character usage rates per month, I thought it would be interesting to see how things changed since December. The first percentage is the absolute change in usage, and the percentage given in parentheses is the relative change:

Code:
Balrog   +0.84% (+26.1%)
Ibuki    +0.64% (+21.8%)
Guile    +0.73% (+18.2%)
Urien    +0.78% (+16.8%)
Laura    +0.65% (+15.9%)
Zangief  +0.56% (+13.5%)
Rashid   +0.28% (+10.8%)
M.Bison  +0.29% (+8.0%)
Cammy    +0.24% (+5.4%)
Dhalsim  +0.05% (+3.6%)
Akuma    +0.46% (+3.4%)
F.A.N.G  -0.03% (-2.2%)
Birdie   -0.06% (-2.4%)
Juri     -0.10% (-2.7%)
Karin    -0.12% (-2.8%)
Alex     -0.19% (-5.8%)
Necalli  -0.19% (-6.6%)
Vega     -0.22% (-9.1%)
Ken      -0.78% (-9.6%)
Ryu      -1.98% (-14.6%)
Chun-Li  -0.49% (-17.5%)
R.Mika   -0.48% (-18.1%)
Nash     -0.84% (-20.3%)

Nash and Ryu are having it tough, as their usage was already down 28% and 23% in December, compared to November.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
:(

Explain please
Daigo played 3 matches and lost them all.

BST|Daigo (Ryu) — ● ● ○ ○ ○ 2
SNB|Haku (M. Bison) — ○ ○ ● ● ● 3

BST|Daigo (Ryu) — ○ ○ ○ 0
MJS|Haitani (Necalli) — ● ● ● 3

BST|Daigo (Ryu) — ○ ○ ○ 0
FOX|Tokido (Akuma) — ● ● ● 3

(stolen from Eventhubs)

Oh and this stream runs really badly over here. I'm at 540p now and even that has problems sometimes.

:(

Explain please

He's getting bopped right now. It's like Xian said, due to the stubby normals, active frames, etc.. the neutral game in SFV is its own thing unlike other SF games. It makes rushing down far more advantageous. Fireballs are ass in SFV too. Daigo is historically a zoner who occasionally switches to a more aggressive playstyle. So currently SFV just doesn't fit his plastyle. Even when Ryu was great, Daigo didn't do as well as he is capable of doing for those reasons. He was still like top 15 in the game, but he's usually much better than that.

Man, Gachikun is sick. I love watching his Rashid.

Ucchedavāda;230122262 said:
So since we have character usage rates per month, I thought it would be interesting to see how things changed since December. The first percentage is the absolute change in usage, and the percentage given in parentheses is the relative change:

Code:
Balrog   +0.84% (+26.1%)
Ibuki    +0.64% (+21.8%)
Guile    +0.73% (+18.2%)
Urien    +0.78% (+16.8%)
Laura    +0.65% (+15.9%)
Zangief  +0.56% (+13.5%)
Rashid   +0.28% (+10.8%)
M.Bison  +0.29% (+8.0%)
Cammy    +0.24% (+5.4%)
Dhalsim  +0.05% (+3.6%)
Akuma    +0.46% (+3.4%)
F.A.N.G  -0.03% (-2.2%)
Birdie   -0.06% (-2.4%)
Juri     -0.10% (-2.7%)
Karin    -0.12% (-2.8%)
Alex     -0.19% (-5.8%)
Necalli  -0.19% (-6.6%)
Vega     -0.22% (-9.1%)
Ken      -0.78% (-9.6%)
Ryu      -1.98% (-14.6%)
Chun-Li  -0.49% (-17.5%)
R.Mika   -0.48% (-18.1%)
Nash     -0.84% (-20.3%)

Nash and Ryu are having it tough, as their usage was already down 28% and 23% in December, compared to November.
I called it. Nash and Ryu are dropping fast. Someone get me the paddles.

Edit: Ryu is no longer number one in usage. wow

Did fireballs in other SF games used to do more chip? I feel like Daigo throws fireballs for 30 seconds and gets like 50 damage for his trouble and then his opponent lands a jump in.

Better hope Ryu catching some emergency buffs
Ryu's losses don't even compare to Nash's. After looking more closely Nash went from his highest at 3rd place in November to 14th place in January. Even rock solid Karin who stayed at number 6 from October to December got passed by Laura, Guile and Zangief. Balrog will probably pass her next month. The usage bonus from buffs is real. Alex usage really hasn't changed much from it's high of 11 in October to 15th in January, but that probably just means Alex players are used to playing a garbage character, so they're mostly loyal
or in denial like eventhubs
. Fang's usage will forever tie with his bottom tier status too lol. I have no clue what is going on with Necalli and Chun players. They're probably switching to the new top tier hotness until Haitani puts Necalli back in the spotlight.

Save us, S2.5
Did fireballs in other SF games used to do more chip? I feel like Daigo throws fireballs for 30 seconds and gets like 50 damage for his trouble and then his opponent lands a jump in.
This is just how things work in SFV.

Devil

As a Ryu player, I hate the genetal DP nerf.

It's okay to make DPs beatable on wakeup, really. But couldn't they just have applied the invincibilty changes exclusively to wakeup situations? Making them beatable at startup makes for some laughable situations when combined with some weird hurt/hitboxes. Had some matches where I lost to almost every HK jumpin even though I DPd on time. So frustrating to be afraid of using SRK against jumpins.

He's getting bopped right now. It's like Xian said, due to the stubby normals, active frames, etc.. the neutral game in SFV is its own thing unlike other SF games. It makes rushing down far more advantageous. Fireballs are ass in SFV too. Daigo is historically a zoner who occasionally switches to a more aggressive playstyle. So currently SFV just doesn't fit his plastyle. Even when Ryu was great, Daigo didn't do as well as he is capable of doing for those reasons. He was still like top 15 in the game, but he's usually much better than that.

Makes complete sense and maybe its why i STILL struggle with Ryu as well :(

Maybe i should switch to Laura...

ElFly

It's okay to make DPs beatable on wakeup, really. But couldn't they just have applied the invincibilty changes exclusively to wakeup situations? Making them beatable at startup makes for some laughable situations when combined with some weird hurt/hitboxes. Had some matches where I lost to almost every HK jumpin even though I DPd on time. So frustrating to be afraid of using SRK against jumpins.

I feel they could increase the later invincibility frames, so it punishes jump ins if you hit them high in the air. hitting people deep with your DP was a malformation born of DPs having early invincibility which was silly

but making things behave differently on wakeup should be a no go. why does Ryu deserve meterless reversals if the rest of the cast does not? does my Zangief get an meterless invincible SPD on wakeup? I am ok with this trade but keep in mind that Gief right now has to use a super move for those properties. Ryu should not get them for free either

Poor Daigo. And he likes this game better than 4 too. Time to go full Tokido fam.

yeah if he is going to be picking bottom tier, he could go for broke and get Akuma which will grant him way more freedom

New002

Looks like he'd be fine with Guile, but he decided to stick with Ryu for various reasons...some of which I didn't agree with...but it is what it is.

Then you didn't do it on time though.. There's only like 2 frames without invincibility, mp dp should be invincible from frame 3+

MrCarter

UFC fighter Angela "Overkill" Hill Received a care package from Capcom after her cosplay as Sagat. Nice one.

yphHpcx.jpg

I feel they could increase the later invincibility frames, so it punishes jump ins if you hit them high in the air. hitting people deep with your DP was a malformation born of DPs having early invincibility which was silly

but making things behave differently on wakeup should be a no go. why does Ryu deserve meterless reversals if the rest of the cast does not? does my Zangief get an meterless invincible SPD on wakeup? I am ok with this trade but keep in mind that Gief right now has to use a super move for those properties. Ryu should not get them for free either

yeah if he is going to be picking bottom tier, he could go for broke and get Akuma which will grant him way more freedom

Yeah, the DP change is what is making some characters more viable. So I don't know how they'd balance that in full. Maybe make v-reversals better?

And I didn't mean for Daigo to hop to Akuma, but that Tokido made Ryu work. I still think Daigo is on the cusp of making Ryu work for him, but he has to start using fireballs differently and go in. Tokido would suss out your shit with Ryu and open you for free. I feel like Daigo doesn't do that often enough.

The second option is to pick up a secondary . I know he doesn't like playing Guile, but maybe it's time to hit up a pocket character.

ElFly

Yeah, the DP change is what is making some characters more viable. So I don't know how they'd balance that in full. Maybe make v-reversals better?

And I didn't mean for Daigo to hop to Akuma, but that Tokido made Ryu work. I still think Daigo is on the cusp of making Ryu work for him, but he has to start using fireballs differently and go in. Tokido would suss out your shit with Ryu and open you for free. I feel like Daigo doesn't do that often enough.

The second option is to pick up a secondary . I know he doesn't like playing Guile, but maybe it's time to hit up a pocket character.

I think that in gral I'd like to see V-Reversals be better. maybe add a third standing up option, or give a way to delay them a couple of frames so setups are harder

Ryu in particular should see some of his hitboxes extended

Are there actually any places online that have images of characters moves and data, like the Prima guide but is actually up to date and has the DLC chars? I can't find anything and can't experiment with characters I don't have. I really wish DLC chars were free in training mode.

MrCarter

Are there actually any places online that have images of characters moves and data, like the Prima guide but is actually up to date and has the DLC chars? I can't find anything and can't experiment with characters I don't have. I really wish DLC chars were free in training mode.

Download the Frame Assisted Tool (FAT) app by Jupli. It's excellent. It is free and has everything up to date from move lists, combos and frame data.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Aren't you using mp shoryu or something? Because that shouldn't happen unless you DP really really late.

I think that in gral I'd like to see V-Reversals be better. maybe add a third standing up option, or give a way to delay them a couple of frames so setups are harder

Ryu in particular should see some of his hitboxes extended

Yeah, if they could correct the v-reversals I could deal with the DP not being rolled back. A lot of people don't like that change, but it affects a ton of characters right now for the better tbh.

And Ryu needs things to be less stubby since his damage isn't as high. Though Daigo is eventually going to have to switch to something more aggressive like Tokido was. He doesn't have to go ham, he simply needs to open people up more. I still feel like his isn't using all of Ryu's tools, especially when he doesn't use that parry when he's confused against a character. Gotta take that risk man.

mbpm1

Daigo was washed up status with Ryu for a little while in SFIV too. He stuck with him then and 10-0'd Xian, and 10-2'd infiltration and did a lot even before he switched to Evil Ryu.

Believe in Daigo
but only next year.

cackhyena

I think Ryu is alright still, but can't hang with the top tier. Daigo can't make him work against the top tier in his (Ryu's) condition. He's straight fucked in the Guile MU.

I do think chip should do more damage in this game since it can't kill and aggression is too heavily favored.

Also, Daigo's Guile was awesome but he just wasn't having fun apparently. He still regrets picking Guile vs Mago to win back at like Canada Cup 2010.

Tokido is learning Akuma super fast though. He's got new meaty setups and option selects all the time and he just recently stole some Sako parry tech. It's a good character for Tokido. Just enough dirty stuff without losing the midrange play.

cackhyena

Sako makes some strange decisions on opponent wake up with Akuma. But he's Sako so I still get a kick out of watching him do his tech magic. He just can't seem to close like Tokido...ever. His Ibuki is tied for Smug's Dudley as the most fun for me to watch in 4.

Is Tokido sticking with Akuma? I hope he gets far with him in tournaments. He's my favorite to dink around with rn.

Yup. Although I like Sako's Akuma a little bit better because he's crazy. Still needs to be refined.

The way I see it, either you can beat the top tiers and bad matchups with your character reliably enough that you are comfortable, or you can't. There's nothing wrong with the latter, but at that point, if you just can't make that shit work, it's time to consider filling those holes with another character. Obviously the lower on the tier list, the harder it is for you to be consistent, though not impossible (well, that's more or less dependent on the game, though I'd place SFV on the side of "doable" compared to other games), but the work you have to put in to win is a hell of a lot more than the other person.

But I mean, if Daigo is having fun, and that's his goal, I can't really fault him for not picking up Guile on the side. I read his book, and the dude just wants to go back to enjoying fighting games.But if homeboy wants to win, he's gonna have to pick up that Guile. That's all on him.

Edit: Sako is like the Eita of Akumas. Dude will just do it. Not always the best idea when your character tears apart like wet paper, but he's still ridiculously good in his own right. I hope he can get that style down because I want to see both types of Akuma ruling the CPT brackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom