• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

It's always so awesome when people who are plat and diamond talk about how they're bad. Definitely lets me know how humble you are.

Happy 1 year Anniversary SFV

The people who think Kolin's face is bad are crazy.

Should have used Alex instead, look at that duck face.

7.jpg

I think something that might be worth looking at as far as fight money is concerned is experience gained from various things. While a lot of fight money comes from single player modes, most of it is coming from the 1000 fight money per level up, as opposed to the fight money being a direct payout. If they allowed you to gain experience in different ways, it could help increase the amount of fight money people get. If they award experience for doing various different things (combos, says, ex moves, reversals) during a match it would even help people who lose a lot feel like they're gaining something. If you also decrease experience given for not moving and just spamming lk over and over, it could incentivize active participation over just idling for exp.

I don't understand why so many people bail from Battle Lounges the instant they lose a set. Like, are you only playing to win? How are you gonna get better if you run from every opponent who gets the better of you?

The people who think Kolin's face is bad are crazy.

Should have used Alex instead, look at that duck face.
Yeah, Alex and Ken are the big misfires. Kolin is the most unique looking female so far. Ibuki is also fine if you ask me.
What about streak multipliers or bonuses. 5 wins in a row deserves something.
Smash had the right idea back in 64 when they gave you multipliers for clearing different hurdles. Ranked should absolutely give bonuses for perfects, double perfects, combo length, EX specials landed, CA finishes, chip kills and whatever other things escape me. The current FM and LP system was boring day 1. The 1000 points lost from a ragequit penalty should also go to the person they quit on imo. I hate ragequitters with a passion.

We need more fresh and exciting characters like Necalli.

Thankfully it looks as though two of the upcoming characters are #B U F F B O I Z so they'll likely bring something new to the table.

Still really hoping that the other feminine shadow isn't Satsuki cuz that'd be such a boring pick, but I've got high hopes for the rest of the S2 cast.

What if they added a character that's like Laura, but the extreme opposite in terms of personality and aesthetic design. Like a stoic, no fanservice fighting attire tomboy that also deals explosive damage, uses grabs, and has lunging dashes. Maybe her V-Trigger could be like her powering up a bit and turning red. Her CA could have her punching someone so hard they fly off the screen. Just tossing out ideas.

Still really hoping that the other feminine shadow isn't Satsuki cuz that'd be such a boring pick, but I've got high hopes for the rest of the S2 cast.
Helen/Kolin being true for the first character has disillusioned me for how fresh the character designs are going to be for the remainder, so I'm definitely expecting that shadow that looks suspiciously like Satsuki will end up being her. But I could stand to not have another playable doll in a Street Fighter ever again.

What if they added a character that's like Laura, but the extreme opposite in terms of personality and aesthetic design. Like a stoic, no fanservice fighting attire tomboy that also deals explosive damage, uses grabs, and has lunging dashes. Maybe her V-Trigger could be like her powering up a bit and turning red. Her CA could have her punching someone so hard they fly off the screen. Just tossing out ideas.
Nah, no one would like that character.

lupinko

if they bumped it to 100FM per win and 50FM per loss, itd be fine. Or just bump it to 100FM and 0FM on loss

Reason people dont like FM is cause they don't get any FM for losing.
In most games with a currency you still get money for losing just not as much.

It's like 1,000 or 1,200 Gold for a win in Tekken 7FR and 500 Gold for a loss.

Bamco doing it better (tho they pulled the worst scamjob in history with vanilla, but they listened to players).

ElFly

if they bumped it to 100FM per win and 50FM per loss, itd be fine. Or just bump it to 100FM and 0FM on loss

Reason people dont like FM is cause they don't get any FM for losing.
In most games with a currency you still get money for losing just not as much.

the thing is the game already has a big problem of people idling to farm experience for the fight money

giving FM for losing will only make this worse

dat medium kick with all those target combos

Agreed, I just realized that almost half the roster is blonde.

Capcom has a fetish.
Ironically modern Capcom sucks at making blondes. Only Guile and Nash look good. Vega should go light brown and Karin should go dirty blonde. Kolin going to the zone between platinum blonde and regular blonde like in 3S would be dope too. Capcom should go to Europe and see that there actual variation in their hair colors lol.
Capcom should just use Abel's female concept design and make a little sister for him. If they give her a more modest design somewhere between Abel's and Makoto look (because the exposed bandaged upper body looks kinda dumb) along with freckles I think my brain would overheat. A low health female brawler with a more stoic personality than Makoto's (because she is more explosive than stoic) would be dope.

Capcom should just use Abel's female concept design and make a little sister for him. If they give her a more modest design somewhere between Abel's and Makoto look (because the exposed bandaged upper body looks kinda dumb) along with freckles I think my brain would overheat. A low health female brawler with a more stoic personality than Makoto's (because she is more explosive than stoic) would be dope.
Ahh I'm right with you there in brain meltdown. I like the Abel we did get, but man that original design was rad. Make it happen Blonde Fighter V.

It sucks that the only female character with Ashen hair is fucking Elena.

Give us more customization options Capcpom. I will pay you if you let me change Kolin's hair colour.

lupinko

Ironically modern Capcom sucks at making blondes. Only Guile and Nash look good. Vega should go light brown and Karin should go dirty blonde. Kolin going to the zone between platinum blonde and regular blonde like in 3S would be dope too. Capcom should go to Europe and see that there actual variation in thair colors lol.

Capcom just use Abel's female concept design and make a little sister for him. If give her a more modest design somewhere between Abel's and Makoto look (because the exposed bandaged upper body looks kinda dumb) along with freckles I think my brain would overheat. A low health female brawler with a more stoic personality than Makoto's (because she is more explosive than stoic) would be dope.

Or just use female Abel and turn her into a judo character. Street Fighter doesn't have a judo character. Other games have judo characters. They can take liberties with it, considering they already took liberties with Matsuda BJJ (added striking from capoeira and vale tudo, since BJJ doesn't have striking).

Tekken (Paul, lol)
VF (Goh)
World Heroes (Ryoko)

It kinda bums me out that there aren't many palettes in SFV that change your character's skin/hair colour.

Tbh they should bring back the custom colour mode from SFxT but without the eye-searing neon and glossy options. It'd give every player the chance to reflect their personality through their colour choice, which sounds rad to me.

Edzi

It kinda bums me out that there aren't many palettes in SFV that change your character's skin/hair colour.

Tbh they should bring back the custom colour mode from SFxT but without the eye-searing neon and glossy options. It'd give every player the chance to reflect their personality through their colour choice, which sounds rad to me.

The KI model should have been a no brainer.

The KI model should have been a no brainer.

Does KI have custom colours now? I haven't played all that much since the Killgore patch.

Or were you just referring to the accessory system? Cuz tbh, I would kill for something like that in SFV. Being able to mix-and-match costume pieces would be so incredibly rad.

that's a lot of moves I have no idea are

I guess she has a low mid and high version of something. those normals and target combos tho

Low/Mid/High Frost Touch are probably her counters. Parabellum is her multi-stab move, Vanity Step and the other QCB+K moves are her command dash plus followups, and Hailstorm is the ice ball projectile.

mbpm1

Low/Mid/High Frost Touch are probably her counters. Parabellum is her multi-stab move, Vanity Step and the other QCB+K moves are her command dash plus followups, and Hailstorm is the ice ball projectile.

Ah that makes sense.

I sense that although all this will be cool I will be let down by her normals

Pachinko

Kolins move list is just 👌🏿

Reminds me of SF4 ibuki and Karin but perhaps the execution won't need to be quite as tight ? I always wanted to use Karin but have a lot of trouble with the shoulder mixups so I've settled on Rashid .... although making proper use of his Vtrigger is still beyond my lowly bronze playing ass.

So - SFV gaf , I've a query for you all : One of my friends was big into Alex , hovered around ultra bronze/silver territory but with the season 2 changes we all know and love he's having a character crisis. What would you recommend ? He didn't mind Urien and Laura but neither of them are quite doing it for him. Who do the Alex players here gravitate towards as alts ?

I used to sub Alex (I main Mika and Urien fwiw) but swapped him out for Birdie recently because of the S2 changes. Birdie feels somewhat like Alex to me except he actually has answers for projectiles and can poke competently so it's a lot easier to win against the turtle-y foes that shred Alex to pieces.

Or just use female Abel and turn her into a judo character. Street Fighter doesn't have a judo character. Other games have judo characters. They can take liberties with it, considering they already took liberties with Matsuda BJJ (added striking from capoeira and vale tudo, since BJJ doesn't have striking).

Tekken (Paul, lol)
VF (Goh)
World Heroes (Ryoko)
I'd take either one since we could use a different sort of grappler in SFV
I used to sub Alex (I main Mika and Urien fwiw) but swapped him out for Birdie recently because of the S2 changes. Birdie feels somewhat like Alex to me except he actually has answers for projectiles and can poke competently so it's a lot easier to win against the turtle-y foes that shred Alex to pieces.
Alex is weird. He was stacked with all the right tools in 3S, but they were just nerfed in some shape or form. Air Knee strike was an AA grab that could be parried, spiral DDT was slow and crouching mediums could not be special/SA cancelled. In SFV Birdie's EX dive is what Alex's EX spiral DDT should have been, Bison's stomps have more in common with 3S Alex stomps and his crouching mediums still don't lead to anything unless you have v-trigger. His mid range is screwed. At least his air knee strike doesn't suck anymore, though.

Femto.

Ironically modern Capcom sucks at making blondes. Only Guile and Nash look good. Vega should go light brown and Karin should go dirty blonde. Kolin going to the zone between platinum blonde and regular blonde like in 3S would be dope too. Capcom should go to Europe and see that there actual variation in their hair colors lol.

Capcom really likes yellow playdough, okay? lol

Yeah, get Vega back to brown.

One would think Alex players would be happy with him being Garbage. Stays true to his legacy.

Shots *pew* *pew*

There's nothing more satisfying than smashing some poor sod's face in after they have the audacity to taunt or teabag while you're stunned.

It feels refreshing, like putting on a fresh pair of underwear on New Year's Day.

I thought FANG and Alex players were supposed to stick together.

If I had the photoshop skills, I would make a meme of "Friendship ended with FANG, now Kolin is my best friend".

But yeah, expect an avatar change by 1st March. I'm getting out of this low tier trench, one way or another.

One would think Alex players would be happy with him being Garbage. Stays true to his legacy.
Garbage 3S Alex is the best. Somehow I made like 4 people quit on fightcade today. Got so many b.HPs and st.HKs that it was just plain ridiculous. Makes me feel a little dumb when I say that he should get spiral DDT in SFV instead, but his midrange game in SFV is the real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom