• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to beat Urien as Nash.

giphy.gif

Counter his knee with your Knee. Take note Bonchan

Moaradin

Urien's Knee really gets beat out by a lot of things, even the EX version. It has little to no priority. Once people figure out that they shouldn't just hold dat and actually try to AA it, they will have a lot less trouble with it. It's so slow and easy to react to as well.

And how do you know that?

Kolin looks hype.
I don't want much from a balance patch besides upping the lower tiers and fixing things like v-reversals (I mean, I want more, but I'm being realistic).
The netcode has gotten better, even if there are a million errors still, with promises to fix it on the horizon.
And Garuda or Shadow Geist is coming. I fucking feel it.

vulva

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230396983]Goddamn this line is long as hell they selling the Switch or something?[/QUOTE]

Strike up a conversation with someone about Hero

MrCarter

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230396983]Goddamn this line is long as hell they selling the Switch or something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah with Ultra SFII :p

Pfft, you Americans and your 'lines' with their disorderly gaggles of people leaning against walls.

You should come to the UK and learn to queue. Feel the social pressures of those around you constantly expecting you to try and cut in! Engage in awkward parlance when some minor delay means you queue for a few more minutes! Strengthen your endurance by refusing to allow the unwritten rules of the queue to steal your place if you just so happen to consider popping away for a quick pee!

Urien's Knee really gets beat out by a lot of things, even the EX version. It has little to no priority. Once people figure out that they shouldn't just hold dat and actually try to AA it, they will have a lot less trouble with it. It's so slow and easy to react to as well.

Bison's Devil's Reverse is the same way - people respect it too much.

SO I GUESS NO FUCKING STREAM HUH CAPCOM

FUCK

You wouldn't know it by reading twitter. Apparently it's the new crisis that's breaking the whole game.

Welcome to fighting games, where we'd rather bitch over hitting the lab, and then complain that we have to learn something new when some dude tells us how to beat it.

HardRojo

No reason to go for a random heavy air knee with Urien unless you were really expecting them to throw a fireball or something, it is minus on block and I think it's actually punishable by 3 frame jabs or even 4 framers, haven't tried but I should one of these days.

kirblar

There should be a stream- the pro guys just got in there to start trying out Kolin, so I'd expect it to be up in an hour or so.

You wouldn't know it by reading twitter. Apparently it's the new crisis that's breaking the whole game.
Haha, really?

They still need to fix the tracking on Head Stomp!!!!!

If only that was true against the EX and V Trigger version.
I've definitely been jabbed out of the V-Trigger version, but I understand it's very disorienting.

The EX version is definitely very good, and I'd love to get a visual on where it's iframes are since I've seen it beat Flash Kick.

You can easily get jabbed outta that. And hey, my man has to spend meter and doesn't have an overhead. Let'em have it.

Kolin game will revolve around her command dashes IMO. She can use her cmmddash to get out of block string. EX command dash is strike invul

Garbage normals but the dashes and tools make up for her shit so she can get a bunch of shit started. Fair trade, unlike Urien who gets to dick around with both.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That's EX devil reverse, not the normal one.

I think it's a very good move. Nowhere near good enough to deserve all the bloody murder sceams on twitter though. In any case, are they really not going to stream this? Weak.

mbpm1

Yeah, that V-Trigger could end up being pretty useless. Very dependend on the situation tbh

Seems good to me. if you can keep pressure up.counter attempts to get out with her high stun counter you could be in business shortly after using it and she has another v-tirgger usage afterwards.

Definitely will fall off in the midtier player section but could rise up in danger in the pro-level

FGC time is really a thing huh

tournament standard time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom