• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Assuming Kolin has stubby normals, do you guys think the V-skill will be a big help to her neutral? I'm not really sure how counters factor into a characters game plan since I've never used a counter character seriously before, but Karin has me really intrigued and having that as a go to option sounds really really cool.

I'm having a hard time doing the 2nd trial with ibuki... Can't hit the timing for the high kazekiri after the st. LK. after almost 1 hour of trying. Is there any trick I'm missing or should I just keep trying?

Torry

Neo Member
I'm having a hard time doing the 2nd trial with ibuki... Can't hit the timing for the high kazekiri after the st. LK. after almost 1 hour of trying. Is there any trick I'm missing or should I just keep trying?

When you do the light kick, you can hold the stick in a forward position. That way you have done half the motion for the kazekiri already. Just do a hadoken motion after and you should be good.

I don't play Ibuki, but just from a quick attempt it seems like just holding forward and then doing a fireball motion to cancel the stLK is the easiest (for me).

When you do the light kick, you can hold the stick in a forward position. That way you have done half the motion for the kazekiri already. Just do a hadoken motion after and you should be good.

Ucchedavāda;230387318 said:
I don't play Ibuki, but just from a quick attempt it seems like just holding forward and then doing a fireball motion to cancel the stLK is the easiest (for me).

Thanks guys, I did it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
My biggest hope for S2.5 is for V-Reversals to get better again. They are just so bad now unless you're fighting one of those characters with heavies that are +3 on block.

Edit: Oh my god, I finally beat a high ranked Birdie clean and he's the first ragequitter in a while.

Shadoken

Goddamit the event is 3 hours away and theres already a line. Wonder if I'll be able to get in.

3JyBoiq.jpg

Expect nothing, not even Kolin stuff.

Official Lupe event announcement: Kolin's been delayed til April 30th because Capcom needs to tweak the jiggle physics on her thighs. She'll now be launching alongside S2's third DLC character K.R.A.N.G, who is literally just F.A.N.G except he's a robot piloted by a tiny alien and also his normals are all 5f slower.

My hunch is that there will be a CPT 2017 pack. Maybe containing the classic costumes for Alex, Ibuki etc. I'd announce that tonight for immediate release.

The actual patch will be early March, and that is when we are getting info apparently. But tomorrow is SFV's birthday - it'd be nice to get something. Like a celebration? IDK.

We all know what we want in the patch - it'd have to be a massive overhaul to make some people happy though.

Ryce

It'd make sense to release the Akiman Chun costumes alongside Kolin since March 1 is Chun's birthday, but then again, they didn't release anything for the 20th anniversary of SFIII.

kirblar

It'd make sense to release the Akiman Chun costumes alongside Kolin since March 1 is Chun's birthday, but then again, they didn't release anything for the 20th anniversary of SFIII.
The SF3 stuff is almost certainly hitting with Kolin's release. It'd still technically be in February.

Shadoken

I am pretty certain the balance patch will be tested out today and should be in the Feb Update.

CPT first event is FR20 and thats March 10th. Really doubt they would want just ONE CPT event to be in Season 2.0 patch while the rest are 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom