• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that they thought that a goofy imgur gallery was an acceptable way to present these results. It not only looks extremely amateurish, it also does a poor job of presenting the actual results.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;230355126 said:
I'm amazed that they thought that a goofy imgur gallery was an acceptable way to present these results. It not only looks extremely amateurish, it also does a poor job of presenting the actual results.

Also, what happened to the so called Arcade mode everyone was crying about? "Netcode - shouldn't be worse than the previous game". That's a massive lie. SFIV servers even had problems in it's 6th year and it wasn't rollback. They have good points but I can't take them too seriously lol.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What happened to haunts? Unless I'm looking at older stuff, all of his social media and even his LinkedIn account is gone. (Personal) FB account was deactivated.

What happened to haunts? Unless I'm looking at older stuff, all of his social media and even his LinkedIn account is gone. (Personal) FB account was deactivated.

Possibly deleted accounts for personal or professional reasons, but we know that Matt Edwards is joining Reddit and that him deleting the accounts wasn't related to the FGC.

Also, what happened to the so called Arcade mode everyone was crying about? "Netcode - shouldn't be worse than the previous game". That's a massive lie. SFIV servers even had problems in it's 6th year and it wasn't rollback. They have good points but I can't take them too seriously lol.
Arcade mode is missing because whoever made the poll forgot to include it. I'm not even joking.

The netcode itself seems fine to me (except that I have no way of knowing if my opponent has terrible rollback), but the game also seems to have more problems with NAT traversal and such then IV.

I hate to see the loading in the start up menu on the Ps4. It's already bad on PC having to patch the game every time when booting the game.

I have only faced him once but like everyone Diamond and up, they leave after the first game even after winning. I only ever gotten one round from him .I've do this but only in situations when the game had rollback.

Servers are up and running!

What does this mean exactly?

Ucchedavāda;230356487 said:
Arcade mode is missing because whoever made the poll forgot to include it. I'm not even joking.

The netcode itself seems fine to me (except that I have no way of knowing if my opponent has terrible rollback), but the game also seems to have more problems with NAT traversal and such then IV.

Knowing if there is One Sided rollback is by testing if they can react to a jump. Yesterday was one of the worse experience. Couldn't punish Ibuki's -5 OB Target Combo with a jab, I blocked her OH, pressed Jab and got CH. This game's garbage netcode screws up frame data. One of the best example is Rashid's Light Mixer, the move is -2 but it's a frame trap online.

Mashing buttons also creates rollback. If you ever find those Turbo FM farmer you can just see it in the background NPC. Just mashing out of dizzy causes rollback.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey, they finally fixed the server errors during maintenance!

Haha no, I'm two for two.

LakeEarth

Hey, I'm trying to make sure I'm remembering right ,but did one of the season 1 patches fix the "cannot update match results to server" errors? And then it showed back up for season 2? Or am I imagining things in my old age again?

Edzi

Hey, I'm trying to make sure I'm remembering right ,but did one of the season 1 patches fix the "cannot update match results to server" errors? And then it showed back up for season 2? Or am I imagining things in my old age again?

I don't think they ever got fixed, but they've gotten way more frequent in S2.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure that's a server thing and not really dependent on a SFV update. And it's gotten worse.

FluxWaveZ

There's a lot that's messed up about Urien. This isn't actually one of them.

Quick V-system overview for Kolin just went up on the SFV Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/streetfighter/videos/10155122434507147/

A bit too quick. They still didn't explain the intricacies of her V-Trigger. Like, I assume that her stun bar doesn't freeze on block? What does "Freeze" status instead of being dizzied actually do? When does the opponent's stun bar stop being frozen?

Hopefully we'll learn about that stuff in a bit.

Edzi

There's a lot that's messed up about Urien. This isn't actually one of them.

A bit too quick. They still didn't explain the intricacies of her V-Trigger. Like, I assume that her stun bar doesn't freeze on block? What does "Freeze" status instead of being dizzied actually do? When does the opponent's stun bar stop being frozen?

Hopefully we'll learn about that stuff in a bit.

Yeah, I hope that doesn't cover everything, since based on that video it looks like the freeze animation on stun is just for show which would be lame.

Just been sitting here in Union Square for the past three hours and my 3ds battery just ran out. Another five or six hours and I'll walk down to the party. Good thing I brought a book.

Grakl

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230374001]Just been sitting here in Union Square for the past three hours and my 3ds battery just ran out. Another five or six hours and I'll walk down to the party. Good thing I brought a book.[/QUOTE]

lupe fiasco event? is there a line?

vulva

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230374001]Just been sitting here in Union Square for the past three hours and my 3ds battery just ran out. Another five or six hours and I'll walk down to the party. Good thing I brought a book.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you see haunts. if you do, tell him i said hi and i love him

Shadoken

Nice am gonna be going down there after work too. I was just there yesterday for locals. How the hell is this place gonna fit all those ppl.

Any other gaffers going to the foundry?

Producer

What 3ds game were you playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom