• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I have seen a single Juri on stream and it wasn't good.

I wonder if they make a character breakdown after the tournament.

Hopefully they realize at this point there are only a few characters that need buffs and universal defensive options. The latter would be a huge buff for so many characters on its own lol

MCD250

Sheesh. Smug and imstilldadaddy had a $1,000 money match and Smug won 10-1. I remember when ISDD challenged Smug on Twitter a few weeks ago. It's gotta sting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How is there no video of this? Wasn't that kind of the point?

Or is that another one of Gootecks' pay-per-view experiments on some weird platform?

Almost everyone has ibuki in their top three or top five. She's top tier and you'd have to be insane to say she ain't.

But sometimes when a game is balanced enough you don't get top tiers shitting up most of the top 8/16 spots.

The fact that people even have to debate which characters are top tier is great. On that note, a lot of recent tournaments have a ton of diversity. Way different from the days of old where you'd see Chun and Ken and Bob and shit like that all too constantly.

Edit: forgot to say, that's why we don't need a million patches for fighting games. People will figure shit out. Dudes have been studying Rog so much he isn't as effective. Same with poor Urien, and other people aren't looking as free to Laura's stupid shit.

Pompadour

Almost everyone has ibuki in their top three or top five. She's top tier and you'd have to be insane to say she ain't.

But sometimes when a game is balanced enough you don't get top tiers shitting up most of the top 8/16 spots.

The fact that people even have to debate which characters are top tier is great. On that note, a lot of recent tournaments have a ton of diversity. Way different from the days of old where you'd see Chun and Ken and Bob and shit like that all too constantly.

Edit: forgot to say, that's why we don't need a million patches for fighting games. People will figure shit out. Dudes have been studying Rog so much he isn't as effective. Same with poor Urien, and other people aren't looking as free to Laura's stupid shit.

This is very true. Plus, there's a difference between competitive top tier and online top tier. Laura, Ibuki, Rog are all high tier characters but people only think they're at the tippity top because their bullshit works extremely well online.

Village

I do ed's V trigger after ibuki's, her bomb just bounces on ed's psycho ball off the screen

All the players in the FGC will shout "Save us" and he'll look down and whisper "No".

He will shout

" do you want me to save you "

and they will respond

" I don't know tekken is pretty fun. DBZF looks dope"

And then he will cancel the Darkstalkers and Rival schools game he was going to announce at evo

Village

I thought the same thing, and then I remembered I don't actually like most of the dark stalkers casts designs, and characters like Jedaj, bb hood, b, and Talbain are outliers.

FluxWaveZ

When commentators mention he's an entirely different character in V-Trigger, they're not exaggerating.

I dunno. It's not like Necalli, who is literally an entirely different character. A lot about Birdie changes too, though, but so do other characters with transformation V-Triggers like Laura.

Never heard of this. Weird. Pretty sure that Birdie's frame data on normals doesn't change in V-Trigger, so it's certainly related to the changes to his MP Bullhead. Speed or hitbox increase, I guess.

I would imagine it's because it hits earlier than regular bullhead. All bullheads hit "faster" because of the extra hits they have while in V-Trigger but I just assumed you couldn't link a bullhead of a higher button strength.

With all the recent announcement of new titles I really really hope Super SFV is a real thing. The game really could use a major shake up to the characters and gameplay. It could also really use a rebranding and a budget re release at $40 with with the S2 characters and a bunch of costumes.

Capcom can still keep their promise of you only ever needing the original SFV. Which I'm sure can still be found for $15 at a Gamestop and be completely compatible with S3, Super SFV, or whatever it's called next year. But even if the sales are gone, they could really do more to help clean up the game's image.

Neoxon

With all the recent announcement of new titles I really really hope Super SFV is a real thing. The game really could use a major shake up to the characters and gameplay. It could also really use a rebranding and a budget re release at $40 with with the S2 characters and a bunch of costumes.

Capcom can still keep their promise of you only ever needing the original SFV which you might be able to find used for $15 at a Gamestop I guess. But even if the sales are gone, they could really do more to help clean up the game's image.
You mean like a free update for existing owners, right?

Only if Capcom publishes it.
Obviously.

Speaking of which, we currently have no idea how the game is being funded or published, if at all. That also kinda feeds into my speculation. If Capcom were the publisher, they'd want to keep that secret until the title is officially announced.

Top Bottom