• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
With suspenders.

Like Sean Connery in that weird movie.

giphy.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, often you have to wonder if it's their NAT settings or whatever when you hear somethin like that.

FluxWaveZ

What happened to Flux??

Lost to Haitani and lost to Daigo. I won the first game against both of them. Apparently that scared them so much that they started to EX DP after almost every KD. Should have expected that from Haitani, but I didn't really expect it from Daigo. It went to final game, final round against Daigo, but I couldn't close it out.

Footage of the Daigo match:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159418212?t=7m05s
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159421293

Lost to Haitani and lost to Daigo. I won the first game against both of them. Apparently that scared them so much that they started to EX DP after almost every KD. Should have expected that from Haitani, but I didn't really expect it from Daigo. It went to final game, final round against Daigo, but I couldn't close it out.

Man that was a lot of trip guards. As for EX DP, it looks like Daigo stayed patient and continued blocking for the most part. I think I only saw two wake up EX Flash kicks. I don't know if you're happy with your results but I think you did pretty good for yourself.

FluxWaveZ

Man that was a lot of trip guards. As for EX DP, it looks like Daigo stayed patient and continued blocking for the most part. I think I only saw two wake up EX Flash kicks. I don't know if you're happy with your results but I think you did pretty good for yourself.

I need to rewatch those matches myself. All I remember once it ended were EX DPs making me lose. Maybe they were a couple of critical ones and not the volley I potentially falsely recalled they were.

Or Haitani was also still on my mind, because it actually was insane how much he did it in our set. I watched the Haitani vs Daigo match, and Haitani was being slightly less aggressive with them there. Those reversals were the primary issue for me, though, so I'll need to work on a solution.

I need to rewatch those matches myself. All I remember once it ended were EX DPs making me lose. Maybe they were a couple of critical ones and not the volley I potentially falsely recalled they were.

I rewatched it, I counted 3 wake up EX flash kick. But 2 of them were in the final round, which was probably fresher in your mind. Can't really blame you for eating them or him for finally taking more chances because he had spent the first 8 rounds almost exclusively blocking on wake up.

Mike M

Nick N
My PS4 hard drive died shortly after Urien, and I only just yesterday replaced it to get back into action.

What's the general consensus on Ed? I haven't put any time in with him, but to my inexperienced eye it seems like his special move commands makes for some combos that require significantly less execution to perform relative to rewards compared to other characters, is that accurate?

That was a great set. That first round with the command throws. Legit made me lol. Was a thing of beauty.

Sorry you lost but it was a good set and i think you did your self proud.

MCD250

I guess top 8 for EVO this year is going to be:

1 Cammy (Kazunoko)
1 Karin (Punk)
1 Sim (FChamp)
1 Akuma (Tokido)
1 Chun (MOV)
1 Guile (Du)
1 Gief (Itabashi)
1 Rashid (Moke)

At least we won't get any mirror matches. Last year was way too much.

1 Cammy (Kazunoko)
1 Karin (Punk)
1 Sim (FChamp)
1 Akuma (Tokido)
1 Chun (MOV)
1 Guile (Du)
1 Gief (Itabashi)
1 Rashid (Moke)

Where's Laura
Where's Rog
Where's Urien

In Top 64 the only characters that didn't show up were poor Juri, Ryu, and FANG. :(

I think Alex got bodied fairly early but I could be wrong.

Neoxon

1 Cammy (Kazunoko)
1 Karin (Punk)
1 Sim (FChamp)
1 Akuma (Tokido)
1 Chun (MOV)
1 Guile (Du)
1 Gief (Itabashi)
1 Rashid (Moke)

At least Disney XD won't have to worry about Laura.

Why did they tamper so much with Juri's old design in the SF4 costume? I'm better off just sticking to the modded version.
They'll probably let you take off the sleeves with the secret code.

MCD250

Where's Laura
Where's Rog
Where's Urien

In Top 64 the only characters that didn't show up were poor Juri, Ryu, and FANG. :(

I think Alex got bodied fairly early but I could be wrong.
#buffurien
#bufflaura
#buffbalrog

Real talk, I'm *super* surprised that there isn't at least one Ibuki there. I would have put money on someone like Xian or Yukadon making it. I'm happy that Kazunoko made it though. He hasn't been making waves as much as other Cammy players in the last few months, so this is a great improvement.

1 Cammy (Kazunoko)
1 Karin (Punk)
1 Sim (FChamp)
1 Akuma (Tokido)
1 Chun (MOV)
1 Guile (Du)
1 Gief (Itabashi)
1 Rashid (Moke)

I absolutely love and approve of this top 8.

My heart will march behind the Itabashi banner

MCD250

Bonchan did get knocked down by that Bipson player. I saw some footage and he seemed pretty aggressive. Bonchan looked like he wasn't sure how to deal with it.

HardRojo

Forget New CFN. It was good for a while, but I'm back to barely getting matches and those I do get, are crappy ones. It's been like that for the past few days and it sucks.

Top Bottom