• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

SFV being a game that "plays like a 3D fighter" but with buttons that are far faster (and w/ more lag than SFIV) may be a design issue that needs to be addressed wholesale in a future revision.
Also there aren't nearly as many crush buttons. Or 3D movement

Again, not sure. I've seen some other Abigail players say the same, and I don't particularly feel powerful in the MU or anything. But I feel like Abigail can control a lot of what Urien does, so that might be it.

Zangief is still Zangief. If he gets in, it can be lights out. Abigail has trouble against characters with command grabs, because he has no reversal defensive options. His jump is extremely slow and telegraphed, so Abby players don't want to do that too much, especially when he can get AA'd when he jumps out of the corner when an opponent whiffs a throw, if they're quick enough.

I'd say that Gief vs. Abigail is similar to MIka vs. Gief, except Abigail doesn't have an invincible command grab.

I have an easier time dealing with Birdie as Abigail than I do against Zangief. He has worse air-to-ground jump-in capability, and one of Birdie's strengths—doing unsafe shit from good ranges that other characters can't really punish—is somewhat nullified by Abby's range.
What makes my Abigail vs Gief matchups frustrating is that his wakeup crouching jab ALWAYS stuffs me, even when I've got a meaty on him. Light SPD beats his cr.LP, but every time on wakeup he beats me on it. I guess I'm either mistiming my inputs or I'm just getting some dirty rubber-banding. You'd think Abby has a 3-frame jab with how quickly he hits me with it online, and while I'm no Ricki Ortiz I have okay reaction time.

Another reason why I need to get my ass offline and play in person. Smh.

MCD250

Kinda crazy how MOV was the only dude to make top 8 at EVO this year from last year, and that he did it with the same character.

FluxWaveZ

What makes my Abigail vs Gief matchups frustrating is that his wakeup crouching jab ALWAYS stuffs me, even when I've got a meaty on him. Light SPD beats his cr.LP, but every time on wakeup he beats me on it. I guess I'm either mistiming my inputs or I'm just getting some dirty rubber-banding. You'd think Abby has a 3-frame jab with how quickly he hits me with it online, and while I'm no Ricki Ortiz I have okay reaction time.

Another reason why I need to get my ass offline and play in person. Smh.

His cr.LP is 6f startup. Even online, you are mistiming your meaties hardcore if you're getting stuffed out by that button consistently.

kikiribu

Kinda crazy how MOV was the only dude to make top 8 at EVO this year from last year, and that he did it with the same character.
He's always been the best Chun Li in my eyes, and continues to prove it. All those Chun Li "mains" that jumped ship to Ibuki and Guile, and got nowhere, lol.

MrCarter

I think these were posted earlier but still.

Goddamn it Capcpom, gimme more costumes for the characters that I play 20 mins at a time before uninstalling the game :(

Oh my bad. I think the one before was the Japanese version though and they finally translated the comments to English. Seeing a Laura with an afro on Twitter is also giving me visions of 70's/80's themed costumes.

Marvel

could never
Where the fuck is that sf anniversary news.
eo974aiz

I just came off USF4, had some fun but boy does it feel weird.

I'm not surprised by me already maxing out the amount of players I blacklisted. Most of them consist of foreigners that lag, Rage Quitters and people who play on a bad connection.

I don't see these type of connection when playing with PR Rog, Mike Ross, Brolylegs and couple others in the FGC.

But then I see a random Karin who has a 3 bar connection getting away with a full screen overhead and playing like it's his first time but ranks up to Super Diamond when all I see is the mess that is called SFV's Netcode while he has the ability to react and jump over EX Booms.

I already stop caring about LP and don't care anymore if I drop all the way down to Gold. I just want to play Street Fighter. I'm not going to spend hundreds on Netduma or use a subscription based software to filter out players on just one game.

I'm not surprised by me already maxing out the amount of players I blacklisted. Most of them consist of foreigners that lag, Rage Quitters and people who play on a bad connection.

Mines is 100% laggy PS4 users, i haven't face a PC user that lags like PS4, i still get lag from PC players from time to time, but it's a hiccup, game stabilizes quickly, but with PS4 users once it starts to lag it never stops until the round is over..

If X-kira is to be trusted (he's about 50-50 so far on his calls), here's a big PDF of everything that's been found via datamining since launch:

- Arcade mode is fully programmed into the game, and is just waiting on Capcom to add in data to be fully functional. It has 10 stages, with a rival battle, a final boss at stage 10 and possibly a bonus stage or two.
- Likewise, the Arcade version of the game (set to run on Taito Type X machines) is also mostly programmed into the game.
- Stages have code in them to be customizable in time and weather, but it looks like this function was dropped in favor of Extra Stages.
- There is some sort of V-Mode select coded into the game for characters. It's unsure what exactly it does, but it's supposed to change attributes of the characters (likely for new V-mechanics).
- Extra Battle is going to be much more than just fighting NPCs. Matches are going to have way more challenging rules than most modes. Imagine Survival Mode, but with forced handicaps ranging from no blocking to limited CA to one-hit kills.
- Dojo mode exists, or at least did at one point. Based on what few lines of code exist, it seems to be a cross between World Tour mode and a special Tutorial.
- There are two more stages programmed into the stage select screen. More stages than that are coming, being Shadaloo Corridor (an extra stage for Shadaloo base, seems to be the Ibuki/Mika vs Boxer stage from Story mode), Cammy's SFII stage, and a stage seemingly related to Ibuki.
- Bipson, Karin, Ibuki, and Guile are getting new costumes.

MCD250

I was gonna say most of that "leaked" list sounds like nonsense until I read that Ibuki is getting a new costume and now I 1000% believe it.

MrCarter

If X-kira is to be trusted (he's about 50-50 so far on his calls), here's a big PDF of everything that's been found via datamining since launch:

- Arcade mode is fully programmed into the game, and is just waiting on Capcom to add in data to be fully functional. It has 10 stages, with a rival battle, a final boss at stage 10 and possibly a bonus stage or two.
- Likewise, the Arcade version of the game (set to run on Taito Type X machines) is also mostly programmed into the game.
- Stages have code in them to be customizable in time and weather, but it looks like this function was dropped in favor of Extra Stages.
- There is some sort of V-Mode select coded into the game for characters. It's unsure what exactly it does, but it's supposed to change attributes of the characters (likely for new V-mechanics).
- Extra Battle is going to be much more than just fighting NPCs. Matches are going to have way more challenging rules than most modes. Imagine Survival Mode, but with forced handicaps ranging from no blocking to limited CA to one-hit kills.
- Dojo mode exists, or at least did at one point. Based on what few lines of code exist, it seems to be a cross between World Tour mode and a special Tutorial.
- There are two more stages programmed into the stage select screen. More stages than that are coming, being Shadaloo Corridor (an extra stage for Shadaloo base, seems to be the Ibuki/Mika vs Boxer stage from Story mode), Cammy's SFII stage, and a stage seemingly related to Ibuki.
- Bipson, Karin, Ibuki, and Guile are getting new costumes.

Oh gosh. If only X-Kira was a reliable source.

kikiribu

If that leak is real (which I doubt, X-Kira, etc), lots of people are going to be very, very happy.

It seems like they're setting up Gill to be the final boss.

Also, for as much shit as Bison gets for not having enough costumes, his Battle costume is not only one of the most badass things in the game, but it has some seriously nice colors to go with it too. His story alt is really good too.

Birdie and FANG require a lot more assistance than Bison tbh.

MrCarter

If that leak is real (which I doubt, X-Kira, etc), lots of people are going to be very, very happy.

It seems like they're setting up Gill to be the final boss.

Also, for as much shit as Bison gets for not having enough costumes, his Battle costume is not only one of the most badass things in the game, but it has some seriously nice colors to go with it too. His story alt is really good too.

Too bad they (allegedly) changed the weather settings in stages. That would have been dope.

Blueblur1

Thanks for summing that up.

Let's wait and see what we get at the end of August. Last time he said Rashid would be getting a new costume soon and he did so I think we should be on the lookout for the costumes.

Blueblur1

Just looked at the PDF. He directly mentions the old weather rumor. I guess it also came from Ken Bogard (just like the entire launch roster did minus FANG).

Ryce

The only reason I half pay attention to X-Kira is because he called the Rashid and Vega stages weeks before they were revealed. He's also the person who found all of the stage KOs before they were fully implemented, so he seems to have some technical knowledge.

Top Bottom