• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Xeteh

There's a thread on /r/streetfighter about how depressing EA is to watch lately and like 80% of the comments are to the extent of "well SFV is a shit game". Never thought I'd see the day that SFV was so bad it killed a youtube series. The shit people try to spin is insanity.

Edzi

There's a thread on /r/streetfighter about how depressing EA is to watch lately and like 80% of the comments are to the extent of "well SFV is a shit game". Never thought I'd see the day that SFV was so bad it killed a youtube series. The shit people try to spin is insanity.

Yeah, I was reading that earlier. Gootecks and Ross are getting off easy due to that sub's massive sfv hate boner.

kikiribu

Reddit hates on everything and anything though. They've made it their actual goal in life to troll Capcom any chance they get, similar to a lot of posters on this site. The few times I've been linked to Reddit, it felt like my IQ dropped from taking a peek at the comments. I can honestly say it was worse than YouTube comments. That shit can't be healthy.

Mike Ross is gonna be feeling even saltier when he realizes all fighting games are becoming eSports.

Like I get the apprehension about esports and there's some shitty things but I'd rather deal with sponsors which can be guided towards doing shit better after a rocky start than going back to people's basements for tournaments. Everyone wants the advantages but don't realize it's a two way street with the people dumping money into our scene. Grassroots shit doesn't mean anything and that cute purity doesn't pay the pills. So long as shit like e-league stops forcing the hype and we get more local events like RB Proving Grounds over invitationals, I don't mind seeing Justin Wong drink a fucking BudLight for a Twitter picture.

Also, that shit Kira found, if legit, is ridiculous. Extra Battle looks straight up like a World Tour mode sort of deal. And they are putting in another v-trigger. Fuck me I hope this shit is real and he ain't just doing some hardcore memeing.

Producer

I'd rather find a real leaker, not the wishy washy "hints" sneakers keeps giving us. If you know stuff and want to share it, then go all the way.

You can be the leaker man. Arent you going to capcom cup? Just eavesdrop on some top players

It's possible that Sneaks can only say so much least his source be revealed. Same with Ryce, who was only given permission after a certain point.

My issue with this content is that it'll do fucking wonders for SFV, but it should not be withheld until Super. I know they wanna to a big blast of new shit and a fresh start, but it's better to start early.

Kashiwaba

I will be temporary living at this place and i have no access for wired connection, so if i run into anyone online and my connection is lagging I'm sorry in advance.

Skilletor

It's possible that Sneaks can only say so much least his source be revealed. Same with Ryce, who was only given permission after a certain point.

My issue with this content is that it'll do fucking wonders for SFV, but it should not be withheld until Super. I know they wanna to a big blast of new shit and a fresh start, but it's better to start early.

Nah, definitely think they need to wait. Finish out S2 and do everything they can to launch S3 in a way to garner back some goodwill.

If they put any gameplay stuff in S2, it'll be tainted with the bitching people do right now.

mbpm1

GCMYUmF.gif

they don't think it be like it is but it do

All he needs to do is to just say yes or just quote the post if he wants to real cryptic about it

Theres ways to confirm that any of this stuff is legit. This is datamined material and isnt some leak like MvCI. Saying yes or no to the post doesn't reveal anything about where he got the info from.

I'd rather find a real leaker, not the wishy washy "hints" sneakers keeps giving us. If you know stuff and want to share it, then go all the way.

Hop on discord & hit me up. I'll fill ya in.

I actually don't mind divulging the things i've heard & the context i've heard it to the people in the right setting. I don't have any time restrictions on divulging things i've heard. Part of the reason I don't just drop walls of text is in part to keep myself low-key. The other issue is some of the stuff i've heard has accuracy that varies based on when I got my last info dump. For example, prior to EVO my last major info dump came from last October. Now i'm mostly up-to-date on time tables for the rest of the year & beyond.

I also don't want to throw down a ton of stuff in an open setting like this because A) i'm a dev myself and I know the devs want to do the reveals at their timetable so that they can enjoy the reaction & "control the message" (this is laughable imo given Capcom routinely drops the ball on announcements) and B) Some of the stuff i've heard of is very far out, so it doesn't really matter that we hear about it now.

Nah, definitely think they need to wait. Finish out S2 and do everything they can to launch S3 in a way to garner back some goodwill.

If they put any gameplay stuff in S2, it'll be tainted with the bitching people do right now.

No gameplay changes/additions are coming before Capcom Cup 2017 winner is crowned.

Blueblur1

Since MvCI is out I wonder if Capcom will end Capcom Cup with the announcement of SSFV. "And now here's the future of SFV!" *Shows new defensive mechanics and modes* *Hardcore fanbase's heads collectively explode*

Ryce

Not to take sides, but Sneakers said that Q, Necro, Twelve, and Oro were all "in production," and Flowtron has since debunked that.

joe2187

Banned
I saw some the video, but it was an hour long and I dont want to sit through reading code for hints.

What's going on with KI now?

Are those madcatz fightpads anygood....do they even still sell them?

Zackat

Not to take sides, but Sneakers said that Q, Necro, Twelve, and Oro were all "in production," and Flowtron has since debunked that.

for all the people that like to mainline nostalgia in the FGC I really hope that sneakers is the right one here.

I saw some the video, but it was an hour long and I dont want to sit through reading code for hints.

Supposedly they updated them, but MadCatz is a dead company now so idk. Maybe they still have them on amazon?

Also, that video has timestamps so you can jump through to the relevant parts. Just hop to the end where they sum it all up

kirblar

I really like them. Amazon has a few up for $50 from third parties- just make sure they send you the new version, with the actual Saturn-style D-Pad. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725RLJ1M/?tag=neogaf0e-20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0714DXC2Y/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Lulubop

S3 is gonna have big changes, I mean it's not like they haven't done a big update in the past with 4 and this game has even more shit surrounding it. It would be announced at Capcup too, it's not to crazy of a dream

People will take the low hanging fruit, but with Urien and Boxer being so good you'd think Goots would be more into it. In either case it was probably easier for them to coast off of 4 with it being a well known quantity even if they had distanced themselves from it in any competitive manner, but with 5 being a new thing and with how toxic the general sentiment is, I guess it is what it is.

Zackat

S3 is gonna have big changes, I mean it's not like they haven't done a big update in the past with 4 and this game has even more shit surrounding it. It would be announced at Capcup too, it's not to crazy of a dream

I know, I just temper my expectations with games nowadays rather than getting hyped up.

Unless it is HotS and we gonna be getting Kel'Thuzad shiiiiiiit. Off-Topic but idc

Xeteh

I heard the Mad Catz fightpads that released around the same time SFV did were kind of shit. Big Brett gave me a Hori Fight Commander 4 and I love that thing. Having 6 face buttons is godlike. It feels really good too.

I know, I just temper my expectations with games nowadays rather than getting hyped up.

Unless it is HotS and we gonna be getting Kel'Thuzad shiiiiiiit. Off-Topic but idc

Blizzard is killing it lately with HotS. Legitimately the only game with diverse gameplay that's also balanced that I've played recently.

Top Bottom