• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Whales

Banned
god damn

fuck these laggy jumpy ass kens and ryus literally jumping in my face and doing shoryukens after every blockstring

jesus someone get me the fuck out of this silver hell i just wanna fight people who know what theyre doing and that dont teleport grab me in my face

Village

That shit don't even stop in other game with shoto arcetypes

Hell that shit don't stop in other games period

Any game where there is a move that can blow you the fuck up, people will do that shit in lag

MCD250

I have this janky ass thing going on in the character select screen where if I hover over Cammy's nostalgia costume the whole game will freeze up for a few seconds. Like it takes a moment to load up that costume or something.

What is there to critique, you're playing Necalli. That alone means you understand SFV better than I do.

(i)You really should get those DP punishing CC combos on point. I don't play Necalli so I don't remember what the ideal combos are but you could have gotten better damage and oki than what you did.

(ii)You should use V-skill a bit more often if you notice that your opponent stays grounded.

(iii)There's literally no reason to ever use that Disc's guidance move against Cammy. It's only real purpose is to get through fireballs and as a combo ender and I quite rarely see it ever used against fireballs at higher level play.

(iv)You should tighten up your meaties, try using cr.mp and st.mk as meaty attacks more, don't just go for the "easy" st.hk because at point blank it's punishable.

What is there to critique, you're playing Necalli. That alone means you understand SFV better than I do.

(i)You really should get those DP punishing CC combos on point. I don't play Necalli so I don't remember what the ideal combos are but you could have gotten better damage and oki than what you did.

(ii)You should use V-skill a bit more often if you notice that your opponent stays grounded.

(iii)There's literally no reason to ever use that Disc's guidance move against Cammy. It's only real purpose is to get through fireballs and as a combo ender and I quite rarely see it ever used against fireballs at higher level play.

(iv)You should tighten up your meaties, try using cr.mp and st.mk as meaty attacks more, don't just go for the "easy" st.hk because at point blank it's punishable.

Thats some on point advice, thank you.
I have a great cc when st.hk hits close or mid but the go to max distance hit one (st.hk hp.disc) kinda throws me. I went for a dash grab hoping they wouldn't mash out.
Edit: Basically, i f-ed it up cause she landed further than I was expecting

FluxWaveZ

They added an option for "Display Recording Playback" in the last patch? I didn't see anyone mention that. That's huge; finally they did that.

HardRojo

They knew people would come back with the release of the new stage + costumes so they probably wanted to encourage people to play online.

And I'm doing it, but it fucking sucks when they pair me up against the same Akuma 3 out of 5 matches. Won one out of those 3 times, but how the fuck does Akuma have everything? Gonna have to find out how his EX flip works because sometimes it goes over me and I have to block the follow-up sweep (which is either positive or 0 on block for him), and sometimes he just goes for the follow-up dive kick an I swear I don't like being in constant guessing situations, it's the reason I despised SF4 Ibuki and Akuma.

Vice

Thats some on point advice, thank you.
I have a great cc when st.hk hits close or mid but the go to max distance hit one (st.hk hp.disc) kinda throws me. I went for a dash grab hoping they wouldn't mash out.
Edit: Basically, i f-ed it up cause she landed further than I was expecting

Against blocked dragon punches you usually have enough time ot walk up and stand HK as Necali to get a more optimum punish.

ShinMaruku

287819318345990144.png

jett

D-Member
Guess Capcom is never going to fix the fact that it takes only 5 wins to get those 10 win challenges? :p

Yeah I'm back to playing this thing, if only to finish off the weekly challenges.

So Abigail is definitely popular online. (And somehow my boy Ryu is still really popular.)

I can confirm around silver to bronze there is a sea full of ryus.

Against blocked dragon punches you usually have enough time ot walk up and stand HK as Necali to get a more optimum punish.

I should. But I've been in the scrub leagues with the dp machines. Ive had ryus and such start to use their lp.dp when they notice me always catching them, and lag warriors making theirs more safe, so I started doing it real fast to compensate.

Top Bottom