• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

stn

Are there by chance full renders of the SFV versus screen portraits of each character? I'd like to make a new YT banner for my page. Thanks in advance!

HardRojo

Guess Capcom is never going to fix the fact that it takes only 5 wins to get those 10 win challenges? :p

Yeah I'm back to playing this thing, if only to finish off the weekly challenges.
Each game (win 2 rounds) counts as a win, so if you win a set of Bo3 you effectively won 2 games.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Guess Capcom is never going to fix the fact that it takes only 5 wins to get those 10 win challenges? :p

Yeah I'm back to playing this thing, if only to finish off the weekly challenges.
At one point today I had 7 wins toward the goal, which isn't possible if every win counts for 2. So what's going on?

finally started to actually try and play ranked. Gonna see if I can make Plat.
unknown.png

Whiff punishing is finally becoming a thing I can do once every blue moon, instead of never. Nice.

It's not that hard. just buffer a special while throwing a normal move. The issue is that some hurtbox retracts halfway through the recovery instead of all the way through. Or at the start if you play Sim

Zangief is the easiest to practice on

giphy.gif

So Abigail is definitely popular online. (And somehow my boy Ryu is still really popular.)

And Ed's right below the top ten. Not too shabby.

NrSr0J5.png

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats/usagerate
Main characters always stay popular no matter how bad they are and I'm pretty sure Ryu has lost a good percentage of users that have just moved on to the others in top ten usage or stopped playing entirely. As far as Abigail goes that makes sense. Abi is the best thing to come out of season 2 besides Akuma. Kolin and Ed aren't nearly as fun, goofy and strong imo.
Chun isn't in the bottom 5, progress!
In about a week Capcom will release stats for November. Menat will probably jump up like 12 places and Chun will be back to bottom five lol.

In my very first SFV tournament at Final Round last year I played that Japanese player, 96Cafe Gondo. I only remember him being called 96Cafe though. In the first game I outplayed him for the most part. I pefected him in the 1st round and twice I had him down to pixels and in a knockdown situation in the 2nd and 3rd round and went for overhead to kill but he stand blocked it both times and came back to win when I was around 20-30% health in both rounds.

I was pretty devastated and he won pretty easily in the 2nd game. Man that 1st game still burns me.

Tried this after having not played since ed came out and actually seeing every character used. Tried menat and she seems kind of bad outside of vtrigger

Sayad

Yeah, she reminds me a lot of sim. I've always played him, so I'm used to getting stomped out of nowhere lol. She's actually kind of fun, but frustrating at the same time
Her DP grab trading with jump in normals(they take no damage of course) is the worst, aren't grabs supposed to beat normals clean if both land on the same frame?! At least make the EX DP invincible to jump ins, pls!

Her DP grab trading with jump in normals(they take no damage of course) is the worst, aren't grabs supposed to beat normals clean if both land on the same frame?! At least make the EX DP invincible to jump ins, pls!

Oh, that move is some bullshit. Like, who was the moron who thought let's put all the motions in the same direction for 2 specials and a super. I've gotten super on accident so many times. The funniest is when I somehow managed to grab cammy out of a spiral arrow with that dp grab. I was like...wtf happened haha

FluxWaveZ

Heh, now think about that feeling but five times worse when it comes to how Mika players feel about non-EX Wingless Airplane. Coming from that, Menat's air grab is excellent, because it rarely trades with normals and its hitbox is actually significantly in front of its hurtbox.

Sayad

Heh, now think about that feeling but five times worse when it comes to how Mika players feel about non-EX Wingless Airplane. Coming from that, Menat's air grab is excellent, because it rarely trades with normals and its hitbox is actually significantly in front of its hurtbox.
Does EX Wingless have air invincibility?!

Top Bottom