• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

delSai

Everytime i see Kens face on the screen and his hair clipping thru his shoulder it's like he's taking away all of my motivation and energy.

Picking Ken is the strongest mind game against me

I did, how'd ya know?

I wouldn't know what else could make you go insane in this game
Playing Ryu or Akuma over and over again maybe, but Ken is way worse. Add Sakura to that in a couple of months. Meanwhile i'll still cry about only one character having a 360.

Blueblur1

I've been waiting for S3 since we the first rumors. This new-character-only season has been a bummer for me. Bring on Sakura and I will switch immediately. Capcom pls.

The new characters are great though. Glad they took a year to do completely new stuff. Ed needs a buff and Kolin needs something else, but Menat and Abby are sick, no doubt Zeku will be awesome.

But now's the time for classic characters tbh.

Scotia

Banned
The new characters are great though. Glad they took a year to do completely new stuff. Ed needs a buff and Kolin needs something else, but Menat and Abby are sick, no doubt Zeku will be awesome.

Agreed. I've loved these new characters but I'm dying to see some classics.

kirblar

I wish Capcom would alternate between new and old characters instead of dedicating entire seasons to each.
I think SFIV's coexistence on the same platform has impacted a lot of their character decisions w/ SFV.

I expect mixed seasons from here on out, if only because S2 being all new minus Akuma helped cement SFV as having a very different identity.

Blueblur1

I think it would be good to mix new and old characters together each season. Maybe make the last two characters of the season new while the first four are returning fan favorites.

It would make for interesting end of the year tournaments (if they're strong characters). GO1 with Menat is a example of that and I think its neat.

Scotia

Banned
I think it would be good to mix new and old characters together each season. Maybe make the last two characters of the season new while the first four are returning fan favorites.

It would make for interesting end of the year tournaments (if they're strong characters). GO1 with Menat is a example of that and I think its neat.

This would be a good way of doing it imo

Teh Lurv

I thought S2 was surprisingly successful given how the S2 balance changes and "five new characters" announcement after Akuma dropped left the community on the whole feeling very pessimistic about the viability of the game.

kirblar

Abigail and Menat were fun unique addiitons. On the other hand, Kolin and Ed felt like box-checking in order to make sure every series had a representative this season.

Abigail and Menat were fun unique addiitons. On the other hand, Kolin and Ed felt like box-checking in order to make sure every series had a representative this season.

Character wise, maybe, but their actual gameplay additions were pretty tight. Kolin plays a technical game and Ed's inputs are pretty new to SFV (even if they whiff a lot :( ).

The problem with new characters is that people get ass blasted until they see them in action. Raiden being in Injustice 2 was stupid, but then you see him being played and bam that dude looks sick. Okay, not the same thing, but still, it seems at least most of the DLC characters are looked upon favorably now (besides maybe Ed, but he needs a few more adjustments, and so does Kolin).

Blueblur1

I can't lie; Kolin was pretty hype. They handled her reveal extremely well. Kolin had (1) image teases including frozen Nash, (2) cool reveal trailer with the Lupe track, (3) roll out of gifs and V-System & Character Intro trailers, and (4) gameplay featured at Season 2/Lupe launch party. All of that in the span of 2 (or 3?) weeks.

They failed to replicate that with the remaining Season 2 characters.

Teh Lurv

The problem with new characters is that people get ass blasted until they see them in action. Raiden being in Injustice 2 was stupid, but then you see him being played and bam that dude looks sick. Okay, not the same thing, but still, it seems at least most of the DLC characters are looked upon favorably now (besides maybe Ed, but he needs a few more adjustments, and so does Kolin).

Abigail got a pretty mixed reaction from the community until people started seeing him in action.

Speaking of Abigail, I'm interested to see how far he drops in the September usage stats. I hardly see the guy anymore.

Abigail got a pretty mixed reaction from the community until people started seeing him in action.

Speaking of Abigail, I'm interested to see how far he drops in the September usage stats. I hardly see the guy anymore.

Yeah, that's the point. Before launch people get wavy but after things even out. Kolin had a hype release but people were still cool on her as a character (heh).

Speaking of Kolin's announcement, yeah, hers was definitely the best. Abigail would have been better if he wasn't delayed, wasn't in fully puff puff mode, and had more time for hype. Ed was like, here it is. Menat was that way too. Zeku will probably roll out like that.

Pejo

Has Zeku been leaked or confirmed, or is that just what everyone thinks we're getting based on the silhouette?

I'm still holding out a slim and misguided hope for Garuda.

Pompadour

Has Zeku been leaked or confirmed, or is that just what everyone thinks we're getting based on the silhouette?

I'm still holding out a slim and misguided hope for Garuda.

He's been leaked by a guy who leaked everyone correctly before S2 was announced.

FluxWaveZ

『Inaba Resident』;250830290 said:
How the hell are you supposed to get a character to Level 50

By playing a lot. I think my R. Mika is at level 83 or something, and I've got 3 other characters to level 50.

Edzi

『Inaba Resident』;250830290 said:
How the hell are you supposed to get a character to Level 50

50 isn't hard at all. If you've been playing even a little consistently since launch you should have your main to 50 easily. I don't go on Ranked much anymore, but even I got Alex to 50 a few months ago.

By playing a lot. I think my R. Mika is at level 83 or something, and I've got 3 other characters to level 50.
Damn.
50 isn't hard at all. If you've been playing even a little consistently since launch you should have your main to 50 easily. I don't go on Ranked much anymore, but even I got Alex to 50 a few months ago.

I've been playing since launch but its a been a bit on and off. I got Karin to 35 and I currently have Menat at 38.

Producer

where you been man. still playing menat?

Surfside

Banned
I don't know if it's my internet or what but SF is acting up. Losing connections, failing to retrieve data and just overall pretty laggy if i get into a game.

Edzi

where you been man. still playing menat?

I still play her because I like her design, but she's pretty booty on top of me sucking with her/being unable to fully use her kit.

Still an Alex main for life though, just haven't been playing as much lately.

Syntsui

I have over two thousand matches with Cammy and she is still 47 I think.

Getting to level 50 is far from something easy to get. The commitment you need to have with the characters is almost on a marital level.

Edzi

I have over two thousand matches with Cammy and she is still 47 I think.

Getting to level 50 is far from something easy to get.

I think it depends on your league too since you get more exp depending on who you're beating. If you make it to around gold/platinum it shouldn't be too hard.

Top Bottom