• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I feel dirty for falling into the paid costume trap, that reduced price bundle of last years Halloween stuff reeled me in for the Vega, Alex and Necalli combo with the rest as nice bonuses.

I hope the Christmas outfits this year are proper winter coats and not all stripper outfits (except Gief).

I really want to see Sakura in a cute winter coat.

Classy Winter Coats would be dope.
For the dudes as well.

MrCarter

I would really like some futuristic, gundam style themes in the future similar to Bison’s SFIV alternate.

Ep4o5hP.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I know there this unwritten law of leaving AFK a lone until they start moving but some of them are setting up their lag switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTYzvlWOORE&feature=youtu.be

I don't know if it's just me but I notice that the connection bars on the opponent's seems more accurate. But it's still connection to players below 4 bars.

Where was the AFK in the video? How was this any different from a normal laggy match? What is it like in your brain?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well from the P icon should give some hint. Once the game stuttered, I quickly recorded afterwards.

I should have put together the replay and live footage instead.
So you think a dude gave you an entire round for free so he could set up his lag switch so that he could... what... win the match?

Or you think he was setting it up for his whole play session but he decided to get into a match first then go AFK to set it up because reasons?

You don't think it was just a guy who was out of the room for a minute who then returned and played a normal laggy round of SFV? No way two normal things occurred together! They must be related AND a conspiracy to cheat!

So you think a dude gave you an entire round for free so he could set up his lag switch so that he could... what... win the match?

Or you think he was setting it up for his whole play session but he decided to get into a match first then go AFK to set it up because reasons?

You don't think it was just a guy who was out of the room for a minute who then returned amd played a normal laggy round of SFV? No way two normal things occurred together! They must be related AND a conspiracy to cheat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCBM_75P404&feature=youtu.be

It's a common thing. I use to wait but situation like this I've noticed more often. There are some who already have set things up while there are others like the Urien player.

kikiribu

『Inaba Resident』;250849502 said:
If it makes you so mad, why are you still playing lmao
Maybe it's the only fighting game he actually likes and wants to play. I own a lot of fighting games but still keep coming back to SFV lol.

Still, I'm not sure I'd be playing and keep posting about something I clearly hate.

Do you play any other fighting games, ZG?

HardRojo

Was playing some online matches against local friends a few minutes ago. Why can't SFV online run as smooth as Marvel does? I couldn't feel any rollback nor lag from those Marvel matches, it was like playing locally, while in SFV I have to very afraid even if we finish the FT5 and go for another one right after, as for some weird it would start lagging.

Was playing some online matches against local friends a few minutes ago. Why can't SFV online run as smooth as Marvel does? I couldn't feel any rollback nor lag from those Marvel matches, it was like playing locally, while in SFV I have to very afraid even if we finish the FT5 and go for another one right after, as for some weird it would start lagging.

I'm willing to bet that the netcode will get an upgrade for S3 since Marvel uses an upgraded version of V's.

Finally got one of those long-ass menat combos down. I am not coordinated enough for that shit lol

I still don't get netcode complaints. I don't play A LOT, but most of my online games run really well in 5. I get an occasional rubberband match, but it's it's not the majority. Maybe I'm just lucky heh

『Inaba Resident』;250851005 said:
I'm willing to bet that the netcode will get an upgrade for S3 since Marvel uses an upgraded version of V's.
Capcom should make an online benchmark test ala Killter Instinct part of every fighter they make from now on.

Producer

I still play her because I like her design, but she's pretty booty on top of me sucking with her/being unable to fully use her kit.

Still an Alex main for life though, just haven't been playing as much lately.

i feel you, menat is too hard for me lol. Do you play mvci?

HardRojo

I still don't get netcode complaints. I don't play A LOT, but most of my online games run really well in 5. I get an occasional rubberband match, but it's it's not the majority. Maybe I'm just lucky heh
I wish my case were as good as yours. Not only does it take a while for me to find matches in ranked and casual, lots of them will not be as perfect as the few Marvel ones I played today, there will be some hitches here and there and some slightly noticeable rollback (which I can deal with I guess, but still hate it), but the worst ones are those where I played a flawless FT5 set with a friend, so then we go back to the lobby and start again, only this time for no understandable reason that match becomes rollback city, it's really infuriating and makes me not play SFV as much as I'd like, as I enjoy the game when online play runs good.

I wish my case were as good as yours. Not only does it take a while for me to find matches in ranked and casual, lots of them will not be as perfect as the few Marvel ones I played today, there will be some hitches here and there and some slightly noticeable rollback (which I can deal with I guess, but still hate it), but the worst ones are those where I played a flawless FT5 set with a friend, so then we go back to the lobby and start again, only this time for no understandable reason that match becomes rollback city, it's really infuriating and makes me not play SFV as much as I'd like, as I enjoy the game when online play runs good.

Back when I played last June(?) it was really bad to find matches...like 5+ minutes sometimes. Played the other day and it was finding them 1 after another. Maybe capcom hooked me up with their special sauce server haha

Finally got one of those long-ass menat combos down. I am not coordinated enough for that shit lol

USA internet sucks outside the cities. I switched back to Bright House from ATT because it was cheaper and offered faster internet speed.

The difference in ping was huge. I went from averaging 70ms to 15ms in Counter Strike.

I live 5 miles from ATT's ISP and 70ms is the lowest I can get with 25mbps speed. And cable internet doesn't have as much coverage as DSL.

Maybe it’s the only fighting game he actually likes and wants to play. I own a lot of fighting games but still keep coming back to SFV lol.

Still, I’m not sure I’d be playing and keep posting about something I clearly hate.

Do you play any other fighting games, ZG?

Spend a good month playing Tekken 7. Also KI

If you play a particular character I dislike, then I generally give you 0 respect.

The top 3 are King in Tekken 7, Shadow Jago in KI and Ken in SFV.

You go AFK, I'm taking your points.

MCD250

At the very least, like...make his V-Trigger a three bar. Or let a pigtailed white girl get through it with projectile invincibility. My man has way too much going for him right now.

UncleMeat

After going through a few different characters I've settled on Rashid as my temporary backup character while I play with a stick. I'm surprised he isn't more popular - he's fun, easy to pick up and take online and seems pretty strong.

USA internet sucks outside the cities. I switched back to Bright House from ATT because it was cheaper and offered faster internet speed.

The difference in ping was huge. I went from averaging 70ms to 15ms in Counter Strike.

I live 5 miles from ATT's ISP and 70ms is the lowest I can get with 25mbps speed. And cable internet doesn't have as much coverage as DSL.

The funny thing is that I'm semi-rural with like 12 down uverse lol

MCD250

After going through a few different characters I've settled on Rashid as my temporary backup character while I play with a stick. I'm surprised he isn't more popular - he's fun, easy to pick up and take online and seems pretty strong.
He seems to be pretty popular among Asian tournament players tbh. Many of them have been making waves with him in the last few months. I think that tournament Infiltration won a month or two back had like three Rashids in top 8. It's true that he doesn't seem to be as popular in the west.

Maybe a weird thing: Asian players seem to have taken to Rashid, but haven't taken to Laura as much. Western players seem to have taken to Laura, but haven't taken to Rashid as much.

vulva

Online seems more borked than usual since 5.0 update. Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing something weird?

Talking about season3 changes, I remember people talking about needing more defense options here; so what if they made V trigger work like a burst?

Basically you use it to lengthen combos or escape them. Maybe activating it defensively doesn't give you any other effect. And you give everyone 3 bars, but they only need 3 bars for the defensive effect. 2 bar triggers still 2 bar.

Only problem I see is you'll get it every round like that, whereas you can only get it about every other round in a usual game with burst.

The season 1 DLC characters had no meterless invincible reversals which brought that on to a universal change in season 2. Maybe most season 2 characters having low damage would be a clue to season 3 changes? Abigail really throws a tire into that theory doesn't he.

I just want crush counters to be sweeps only. I want neutral to be honest again.

The season 1 DLC characters had no meterless invincible reversals which brought that on to a universal change in season 2. Maybe most season 2 characters having low damage would be a clue to season 3 changes? Abigail really throws a tire into that theory doesn't he.

I just want crush counters to be sweeps only. I want neutral to be honest again.
Kolin's the only character with a sweep that can't be cancelled into V-Trigger on Block.

But again, the other DLC characters can so *shrug*

Or

Make all current CC moves Urien-style charge normals. Non-charge = standard version of the attack with no CC properties, full charge = CC, and punishable OB.

Top Bottom