• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I just wanna see FANG's intro to Bison, Ken's intro to Laura (whether he squeals in terror) and Sagat's intro to Ryu.
*game picks Alex for you*

"ITS ALL ABOUT CONTROL, AND IF YOU CAN TAKE IT "
vyrayHN.gif

Shadoken

Wait who is gonna be in the SFIV arcade mode?

I guess they can just throw in Juri and some other SF2 chars. I hope that doesn't mean we are gonna get too many SFIV chars in S3.

Scotia

Banned
Wait who is gonna be in the SFIV arcade mode?

I guess they can just throw in Juri and some other SF2 chars. I hope that doesn't mean we are gonna get too many SFIV chars in S3.

Characters that were in SF4. So Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Juri, Zangief, Dhalsim, Ibuki ect.

Village

I'm playing Rashid when that costume drops.

Also, Gene outfit for urien please

I figured any arm bases characters would be Ed seeing as he punches a hell of a lot and has the barcode he wants to cover

I would love a wesker outfit for urien though

Blueblur1

This stuff is great but Capcom still needs to address the competitive concerns: Lack of defensive options, rigid structure of battle system (no combo variety/player expression), and over-the-top attack damage.

If they take a page out of MvCI's playbook then SFV will really be in a much better place in 2018.

Shadoken

Characters that were in SF4. So Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, Juri, Zangief, Dhalsim, Ibuki ect.

Yea but by this logic. Every arcade mode would be filled with just SF2 chars.

Zero and SF3 have a good number of reps to make it actually feel like an Alpha Arcade mode.

Like I can see SF Zero having the Alternate Costumes for Ryu,Ken,Nash to make it feel like an the old Arcade mode.

Edit : Oh damn , Zero Arcade mode can also have Juli and Juni.

Juri, Decapre from Story mode, and undercover Shadaloo Abel from story mode

Hmm I can see Decapre. But Abel? Nah. Unless hes actually coming in S3

Shadoken

Now you see my problem with shit tons of SF2 characters

They shoulda just left out IV tbh.

SF2 arcade mode has the Nostlagia. And Alpha and SF3 have some semblance of a story and good rival battles. IV was just meh.

IV also didnt have unique stages for characters , so its not gonna have anythying to set it apart.

Ryce

Yea but by this logic. Every arcade mode would be filled with just SF2 chars.

Zero and SF3 have a good number of reps to make it actually feel like an Alpha Arcade mode.

Like I can see SF Zero having the Alternate Costumes for Ryu,Ken,Nash to make it feel like an the old Arcade mode.

Edit : Oh damn , Zero Arcade mode can also have Juli and Juni.
There are obviously going to be repeats. The SFI arcade ladder will probably consist of Ryu, Ken, Birdie, and Sagat, but Ken can also be seen here in the SFII ladder.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Almost forgot to post this amid the excitement of Capcom communicating, but I fought (and beat) my first ultra gold today. He even taunted in the first match. Didn't get to taunt back, but my stealing victory was damaging enough, I hope.

#KenOwns #ThingsEveryoneElseDidAYearAgo

Shadoken

There are obviously going to be repeats. The SFI arcade ladder will probably consist of Ryu, Ken, Birdie, and Sagat, but Ken can also be seen here in the SFII ladder.

I just hope they make them use the appropriate costumes. and not just default. Would really add a nice touch. Especially since they added all of em.

Maybe even play the classic BGM like the SF2 one they added.

Mizerman

Almost forgot to post this amid the excitement of Capcom communicating, but I fought (and beat) my first ultra gold today. He even taunted in the first match. Didn't get to taunt back, but my stealing victory was damaging enough, I hope.

#KenOwns #ThingsEveryoneElseDidAYearAgo

For some reason, I read that as Kevin Owens.

This stuff is great but Capcom still needs to address the competitive concerns: Lack of defensive options, rigid structure of battle system (no combo variety/player expression), and over-the-top attack damage.

If they take a page out of MvCI's playbook then SFV will really be in a much better place in 2018.

One thing I don't want changed is damage. It's roughly the same to SF4. Getting to the damage is the problem - v-triggers, crush counters, all of that nets you ezbreezy hits.

I feel like player expression is a two part problem - lack of a combo like system and lack of defense. I'm not going to style on someone if I can die in a few hits due to CCs, I'm going straight to the optimal. And I don't want drastically deep combos - just let me get some combos off a juggle from better AAs (and not having jumpins with deep ass hitboxes), and maybe like four more combo routes off of command normals or something and I'd be gucci.

Pompadour

Oh shit, I just noticed the biggest change to the game yet in one of the screenshots.

The welcome message got a third exclamation point.

e345a089ed14f73ce7d67fa4eca584f3.png

MCD250

Man, I'm really not feeling the new lighter/golden UI colors.

I think the way it looks now is fine. People complain that it's boring or whatever but I've always appreciated its straightforwardness. The new stuff looks so gaudy in comparison.

kirblar

I think the way it looks now is fine. People complain that it's boring or whatever but I've always appreciated its straightforwardness. The new stuff looks so gaudy in comparison.
It needs to be different enough in a way where you can tell instantly in screens/video which version you're on. Same reason changes were made from SF4->SSF4->USF4.

I vastly prefer the new UI to the old one, with exception to the main menu. I'd don't think it's that gaudy aside from the main menu, but I'd rather gaudiness vs dullness.

VariantX

Hell has frozen over. A 20 page positive thread about SFV on Gaming? Unbelievable. See Capcom? It wasn't that hard.

It's positive because Capcom did more than the bare minimum. Way more.

5 different arcade ladders.
Endings for the arcade mode.
All S1-2 characters im the purchase bundle.
Unlockables in the art gallery.
Earnable costumes in the new modes.
UI Update and general presentation is updated.
Everyone gets a second V-Trigger.
A balance pass is inevitable because of the system changes.
A fair amount of SP content and new ways to get FM.
And more features that have yet to be announced.

It's a massive and much needed update.

MCD250

It needs to be different enough in a way where you can tell instantly in screens/video which version you're on. Same reason changes were made from SF4->SSF4->USF4.

I vastly prefer the new UI to the old one, with exception to the main menu. I'd don't think it's that gaudy aside from the main menu, but I'd rather gaudiness vs dullness.
It's just such a complete eyesore. If they wanted to go with something flashier there are other things they could have done. As it is right now it's like someone said, shit looks like SFV: Trump Edition.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition |OT| SFV has gone Gold
Oh shit this is perfect.

MrCarter

I hope the arcade modes have two rounds. Still no confirmation on that front.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition |OT| SFV has gone Gold

I like this.

Other tidbits:

- By playing Arcade Mode your best score will be recording to online ranking, which will be reset monthly.

- Seems like Zeku will have a second V-Trigger only two months after release.

Top Bottom