• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Rbtl8lX.png

So Prediction List

1. One more mode
2. New Critical Arts? New V-Skills?
3. New characters? (Free?)

I just want to know more soon!

jUVKpzl.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Now Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition being a thing so I guess we are going to have a brand new home in gaming sidefor another month.

After I asked him about it on Facebook he went on to confirm that they're coming.

I'm not confident enough with that but I guess we will see what would happens when we hear more about the stages.

Off Topic:

I saw this at IMGUR and I thought it was too good to not share with people.

bDxXhuD.jpg

MCD250

New CAs concept:

Every character that had a strike CA now gets a grab CA. Every character that had a grab CA gets a strike CA.

Pompadour

The problem is
alternate v skill> everything else. Hope thats in the unannounced stuff.

Kira datamined alternate V-Skills and CAs so maybe. The V-Skill might be tied to V-Trigger as a set.

I hope so because everyone deserves a V-Skill that's both good and works well in the character's moveset. The best V-Skill according to that criteria is probably Balrog's. The worst is Mika or Alex's which are glorified 3S taunt buffs.

Pompadour

New CAs concept:

Every character that had a strike CA now gets a grab CA. Every character that had a grab CA gets a strike CA.

Yeah, making new CAs is hard because that's about the only difference in CAs currently. In SF4, Ultras fell into a few different groups:

Easy to combo but lower damage Ultras
Hard to combo but higher damage Ultras
Grab Ultras
Anti-zoning Ultras
Anti-air Ultras
Install Ultras
Mixup Ultras (Rose's orbs, Yoga Catastrophe)

SFV CAs are invincible, high damage, and easy to combo into. If they wanted to do two CAs per character they'd have to make many of the current ones slightly worse.

New CAs concept:

Imo, since they simplified the gameplay a lot for V and made most (all?) CA's be able to be cancelled into from normals including grab CA's, it kinda makes them function mostly the same. So while I would like for there to be new CA's, some for certain characters would pretty much be the same thing unless like you said, they just make them grab CA's.

Unless they added more CA meter and had it like 3s where some SA's take more meter than others to use.

In 4 Ultra's were a lot different since they were a separate bar so you had to think about resources to use them.

While I think it'd be cool to have new CA's & I'd like for Laura to have a CA that can chip kill, I'd probably want new VSkills to change things up more.

Ryce

I'm hoping Zeku will be announced at one of the panels tomorrow, with more AE info coming in November and December.

Demoli

So i have an issue with my fight stick (PC)

The game recognizes every button but not the actual stick, however in every single other game (examples include usf4, kof13, fightcade roms and umvc3) it recognizes just fine.

So what ends up happening is i can bind all buttons but i can never bind movement. Anyone knows a solution?

So i have an issue with my fight stick (PC)

The game recognizes every button but not the actual stick, however in every single other game (examples include usf4, kof13, fightcade roms and umvc3) it recognizes just fine.

So what ends up happening is i can bind all buttons but i can never bind movement. Anyone knows a solution?
Do you have rivaturner installed? Close it completely before launching SF:V

That feel when you're playing Alpha 2 Charle stage theOMGITSAFIGHTERJETOMG

StreetFighterAlpha2-USA%28Charlie%29.png

mad edit: why can't i find this stage as a high quality animated gif?!

kirblar

You know how X-Kira found 26 open character slots?

Add a third row to the character select screen and you get a layout that fits perfectly with an eventual 54-person roster.

Imo, since they simplified the gameplay a lot for V and made most (all?) CA's be able to be cancelled into from normals including grab CA's, it kinda makes them function mostly the same. So while I would like for there to be new CA's, some for certain characters would pretty much be the same thing unless like you said, they just make them grab CA's.

Unless they added more CA meter and had it like 3s where some SA's take more meter than others to use.

In 4 Ultra's were a lot different since they were a separate bar so you had to think about resources to use them.

While I think it'd be cool to have new CA's & I'd like for Laura to have a CA that can chip kill, I'd probably want new VSkills to change things up more.

Yeah the only way for there to be any substantial benefit to multiple CA's is to change / nerf current CA's (i.e. remove invincibility, lower damage, remove the ability to cancel into them) to allow new ones to stand out. As they are now, CA's are just combo enders or invincible reversals (except for Vega of course).

Edit: Chun's getting kikosho & it looks like Ken is getting shinryuken. I hope these are more interesting than just pseudo CA's.

Neoxon

You know how X-Kira found 26 open character slots?

Add a third row to the character select screen and you get a layout that fits perfectly with an eventual 54-person roster.
Well.....holy shit. If we just get the usual 6 characters for the next 3 seasons, that only puts us at 46 characters. So either we may get bonus characters within the next 3 years, Capcom does a big blow-out Season 6 with 8 characters to end SFV off strong, or they're just bonus slots just in case Capcom ends up needing them.

Top Bottom