• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Lulubop

I... want to insult you but you've agreed with me in the past so I don't really want to.

This is an odd feeling.

Of all the stages and themes in 3s you want these? Easily the worst in that game and I do mean easily. I thought you were better than this Bruce. You can shit on Alex and then talk up some real garbage bruh.

Only 3s stage that needs to be brought back is crowded street

LakeEarth

I too agree that multiple supers is kinda pointless as most supers in the game combo well, are invulnerable, a lot of them are good anti-airs, and some have pretty good range on top of it. There are a few characters who could benefit from a different super though, and I like flashy animations so I'm not entirely against it.

Fang is cute tho
NhJ1he2.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I too agree that multiple supers is kinda pointless as most supers in the game combo well, are invulnerable, a lot of them are good anti-airs, and some have pretty good range on top of it. There are a few characters who could benefit from a different super though, and I like flashy animations so I'm not entirely against it.

I want them just for the sake of variety and hype.

MCD250

The chair Nadeshiko hits you with in Mika's new V-Trigger should be a stage prop in the background that she picks up, like Cody's knives.

Hell has frozen over. A 20 page positive thread about SFV on Gaming? Unbelievable. See Capcom? It wasn't that hard.

Well I mean when everyone's reaction to all SFV news is "WHEN's ARCADE MODE?", it's not too surprising that the announcement of an arcade mode pleases people.

kitzkozan

I just hope the game sells well enough. It should, since a lot of people will jump in now.

Yeah, SFV will be fine since the vision they had for it will be "complete" (having offline modes which are fun to grind for FM alongside online was needed). I expect 2018 to be a year of growth for SFV and perhaps Capcom can put more energy into salvaging Marvel vs Capcom Infinite which need it badly lol.

According to the NYCC promo card for this game, AE will include both Season Passes, including the costumes for the 12 characters. No word on if this is on disc or as a code.

Odd that it includes 12 battle outfits but not the other 16.

Edit: The update launches on the same day as the disc.

kirblar

According to the NYCC promo card for this game, AE will include both Season Passes, including the costumes for the 12 characters. No word on if this is on disc or as a code.

Odd that it includes 12 battle outfits but not the other 16.

Edit: The update launches on the same day as the disc.
Premium costumes were included for the season pass characters w/ the season pass.

The other 16 have a separate bundle on PSN/Steam. (I picked it up on a sale for around half off)

Rymuth

Hell has frozen over. A 20 page positive thread about SFV on Gaming? Unbelievable. See Capcom? It wasn't that hard.
Ehhh, there'a plenty of Xbox port begging, people who can't read and people with a grudge on some other people for it to be ruined already.

I'll admit I snickered when somebody on Kappa brought this up.
eqyf5vbj01qz.jpg

Yes that's an incomplete game joke.

Premium costumes were included for the season pass characters w/ the season pass.

The other 16 have a separate bundle on PSN/Steam. (I picked it up on a sale for around half off)

I'm aware, it's just kinda weird for a newbie to pick up the game and have two costumes for Ed and not Ken right off the bat.

The chair Nadeshiko hits you with in Mika's new V-Trigger should be a stage prop in the background that she picks up, like Cody's knives.

Thats not her new V-trigger. Her V-meter is completely full & not being used at all.

Its either an accidental new v-skill reveal or a new move entirely.

Damn, my shitty ps4 just overheated right when I lost a match in casual. I hope it still counted as a win for the guy. It shut itself off when it got to his victory animation. Do the results go through if it gets that far?

Village

Costume issues aside, the decision to make R. Mika "Attitude Era" wrestling incarnate was an inspired one.

In tone , i mean like her attitude, she does remind me more of 80's and some older sillier wrestlers.

Though I'm glad her moveset is super attitude era though, girl gotta stunner

Alex is pretty attitude as well. I heard a while go, apparently over in japan, someone on the staff or was on this game likes the shit out of wrestling and makes no bones about putting wrestling shit in the game. I guess that's why we got the mika flair costume, alex's battle outft and geif's hulk hogan color.

I bet necalli's vtrigger is gonna make him even more powerful, but will actually drain the bar this time.
Dunno what else could be worth giving up access to a literally better char

kirblar

In tone , i mean like her attitude, she does remind me more of 80's and some older sillier wrestlers.

Though I'm glad her moveset is super attitude era though, girl gotta stunner

Alex is pretty attitude as well. I heard a while go, apparently over in japan, someone on the staff or was on this game likes the shit out of wrestling and makes no bones about putting wrestling shit in the game. I guess that's why we got the mika flair costume, alex's battle outft and geif's hulk hogan color.
Alex is '80s like Gief. Hogan inspired look, Chops, powerbombs, etc.

I bet necalli's vtrigger is gonna make him even more powerful, but will actually drain the bar this time.
Dunno what else could be worth giving up access to a literally better char
They might just nerf his V-Trig 1 too.

Oh who am I kidding, they're not gonna touch him in the balance patch.

Village

Alex is '80s like Gief. Hogan inspired look, Chops, powerbombs, etc.

His moveset sure, but his attitude reminds me of newer moodier wrestlers. Also despite being inspired by hulk hogan , dude constantly reminds me of HHH. But that's just me.

...Yo Alex needs a NOT HHH costume like... stat

You can't escape the game?

kirblar

His moveset sure, but his attitude reminds me of newer moodier wrestlers. Also despite being inspired by hulk hogan , dude constantly reminds me of HHH. But that's just me.

...Yo Alex needs a NOT HHH costume like... stat

You can't escape the game?
Birdie is closer to HHH's biker/jeans aesthetic though. Weirdly enough.

They might just nerf his V-Trig 1 too.

Oh who am I kidding, they're not gonna touch him in the balance patch.

I kinda hope they don't and just start applying massive buffs across the board. If they had some better wakeup option or something universal to stop his 50/50 guessing game on corner wakeup they wouldn't have to touch him.

Okay his v-trigger being that crazy is insane so maybe something should be altered there.

Top Bottom