• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kirblar

With Sagat/Sakura + 2 newbies, a Final Fight heavy S4 in 2019 (30th Anniversary) would make more sense than a potential Sodom/Cody/Guy/etc this year.

the fuck does meme tier character even mean?
Meme tier is a character people talk about a lot, but that no one actually wants to or will play.

With Sagat/Sakura + 2 newbies, a Final Fight heavy S4 in 2019 (30th Anniversary) would make more sense than a potential Sodom/Cody/Guy/etc this year.
That list is so much worse than that sexy list the Eventhubs leaker discomfited. Sagat, C. Viper, Q, and Oro would have been fantastic. Add in Necro and you have a whole bunch of characters I would shell out money for. Tired of the normies. We need more characters like Menat with interesting mechanics and playstyles.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Meme tier is a character people talk about a lot, but that no one actually wants to or will play.

That list is so much worse than that sexy list the Eventhubs leaker discomfited. Sagat, C. Viper, Q, and Oro would have been fantastic. Add in Necro and you have a whole bunch of characters I would shell out money for. Tired of the normies. We need more characters like Menat with interesting mechanics and playstyles.

well, actually, Flowtron disconfirmed Q, Oro, Necro and C. Viper for being part of season 3, but that's it. There is other rumor that it might come along with SFV:AE. Who knows if those rumors is true or not. Take it with grain of salts.

Oro, Necro, and Q are meme characters. Barely anyone played them. They have meme fans.
Psh. We have a prominent forum member named after Q! You aren't entirely wrong, but when I look at 3S videos I frequently find people using Oro and Necro.

well, actually, Flowtron disconfirmed Q, Oro, Necro and C. Viper for being part of season 3, but that's it. There is other rumor that it might come along with SFV:AE. Who knows if those rumors is true or not. Take it with grain of salts.
Yes, I am just talking about Season 3.

Getting all of those characters with AE is beyond the realm of too good to be true. Capcom can't even meet their character release schedule for what we are supposed to get, but they have a bunch of characters they are going to drop as a surprise?

JusDoIt

Wait. There have been debuff states datamined recently, right? Turning the opponents red, blue, and white/grey. Also, Capcom is heavily teasing a ninja...

Valentine from SkullGirls confirmed.

Neoxon

Psh. We have a prominent forum member named after Q! You aren't entirely wrong, but when I look at 3S videos I frequently find people using Oro and Necro.

Getting all of those characters with AE is beyond the realm of too good to be true. Capcom can't even meet their character release schedule for what we are supposed to get, but they have a bunch of characters they are going to drop as a surprise?
To be fair, Ed’s delay was due to the CFN update. No idea about Abigail’s, but EVO could have had something to do with it.

kirblar

They're meme-tier characters within a very niche game beloved by a subset but which had very little mainstream appeal. For a lot of people, their SF experience is either SF2 or SFA ...... big gap......SF4.

Not that I wouldn't like to see them bring back some of them (Necro/Oro/Sean would be nice to see in the engine) but overloading on a season pass like that probably wouldn't go well sales-wise.

Scotia

Banned
I’m of the belief that Kira is just assuming shit off of nothing and think S3 will be all returning characters, and as much I’ve liked the characters this season I’m hoping S3 is all returning characters.

It's not like they didn't have fans or people who played them but it's a niche.

From a viewer perspective (I don't touch the character) SFV Akuma >>>>>>>> SFIV's incarnations.

True, I love watching SFV Akuma. It doesn't even have to be Tokido, a competent Akuma like Snake Eyez or XSK Samurai makes him look hype as hell. I may try to switch to him instead of Ken when I start grinding again.

Skab

https://twitter.com/TheStreetWriter/status/918971404707598337

DMDXnjXWAAA8vgm.jpg:large

The hype is real.

So the two streaks behind the sf logo are Zekus colors and Guys colors. What if we get both?

kirblar

Apparently proof there are more V-skills and CA’s

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mikami_XKira/status/919192479936778242

How this this proof of anything? It’s just speculation to be honest.
Putting the option in there means that they're testing it, and if it's showing up in the QA builds then it means it's something they expect to push to live at some point.

It seems like he's pretty sure V-Skill, V-Trigger, and CA IIs are all going to make AE, but he's not sure if the V-Reversal options are ready.

This was an LCQ for SEAM, not CapCup.

I'm aware of that, I'm just joking about how he prevented Xiaohai from advancing to the Regional Finals and possibly winning that to get to Capcom Cup.

Xiaohai still has 2 chances left though. Win Canada Cup and he'll get in via points or win the Capcom Cup LCQ. I don't see him winning Canada Cup, but I think he has a good chance at the CapCup LCQ when all the killers and most consistent players can't join.

kirblar

I'm aware of that, I'm just joking about how he prevented Xiaohai from advancing to the Regional Finals and possibly winning that to get to Capcom Cup.

Xiaohai still has 2 chances left though. Win Canada Cup and he'll get in via points or win the Capcom Cup LCQ. I don't see him winning Canada Cup, but I think he has a good chance at the CapCup LCQ when all the killers and most consistent players can't join.
Was he just not travelling in the first half of the year? Him not being T32 is a shock.

I usually called those characters " gambits"

I mained Gambit in XvSF, MvC1, and MvC2 since '96. Gambit being in MvCI would get me back into Marvel games. Fan of the character and love playing him in the games. Capcom nailed his playstyle as being both a lot of fun and true to the character, probably more accurately than most X-Men and Marvel characters in general.

...so many Gambit defense posts from me lately in so many threads. Only a few more years til there's a 2000s-era hate bandwagon character, I suppose.

Was he just not travelling in the first half of the year? Him not being T32 is a shock.

Excluding Asia Regional Finals, he didn't do much traveling this year. He did play in many tournaments, it's just that half of them were high stakes non CPT tournaments in his home country. All 5 CPT tournaments he attended before Asia Regional Finals were all Premier events which are hard as hell to win or place high in.

It's strange that we might have a Capcom Cup without him, Infiltration, and Gamerbee. All 3 were some of the best SF4 players of all time and dominant SFV players just last year.

FluxWaveZ

Ran across a 134-win Platinum Zangief player with the CFN "ScrewPileDriver." It had been a long time since I'd seen that.

Obviously, he quit at the end of our match.

Top Bottom