• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

JusDoIt

Sad part is Nike actually did a SF branded sneaker , and it was just some generic white one for Ryu and blue for Chun :(

They were dope tho (or they would have been if they were just regular Dunks and not SBs):

Nike-SB-Street-Fighter-Pack-Dunk-Low-“Chun-Li”-Dunk-Mid-Ryu-01.jpeg

Yeah, if it's the first Season 3 character what are they going to show at PSX? Zeku is probably just awesome or, more likely, this is the first DLC character to be released after Matt Edwards started his job (which is PR).

You're mistaking Matt Edwards (The Street Writer) with Michael Martin (Bizarro Mike). Mike is the one who just joined Capcom. Matt (the one who tweeted this) has been at Capcom for years.

AlexIIDX

I mean you would think that they would make the character they think is the most interesting/hypest for the last reveal. I'm excited.

Matt is clearly saying Zeku is what to be hyped about, not the announcement itself. If he were teasing an extra announcement, he'd word his tweets differently.

I want to almost say the character is a Zeku/Guy tag team (like Yun/Yang in NG IIRC), but the implication seems to be that the character itself is what's important, not the mechanics behind him.

I guess I'll make a quick few calls right here that are almost guaranteed to be either way too safe or entirely wrong:
  • Zeku will be the second most technically complex character in the game, combo and neutral-wise (first being Menat)
  • Like every other newcomer this season, he'll carry a significant accolade within SF (Kolin was first ice character, Ed was first to not have any charge or motion moves, Abby is biggest, Menat is first "puppet" character)
  • He might introduce some of S3's new mechanics, or actually already be balanced to S3's standard (ex: having VT2 before S3, new defensive mechanics, etc)
  • He'll introduce ninja tropes not/rarely seen in SF, such as mid-combo teleports, wall clings, advanced aerial movement such as air-dashes and double jumps (like GG)
  • The only move he'll share with Guy is the command dash with follow-ups, but the follows will be completely different
  • He'll have absolutely garbage health and stun, but he'll be so fast that you'll think it's too much health anyway

Considering each S2 character has introduced something new to SF (first ice character, no inputs, biggest, puppet type character), I'm wondering what Zeku's thing is gonna be. I hope its not something lame like invisibility

MrCarter

『Inaba Resident』;251977031 said:
I think X-Kira is claiming that there's data for Dramatic Battle.

That would be so dope. Also, 2 vs 2 dramatic battle with player 2 playing the second character would be amazing.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't see how you take a 60fps game with a set polygon budget and strict performance demands and just throw a third character on the screen. I guess you could force lower quality assets but would people just complain about that?

Matt is clearly saying Zeku is what to be hyped about, not the announcement itself. If he were teasing an extra announcement, he'd word his tweets differently.

I want to almost say the character is a Zeku/Guy tag team (like Yun/Yang in NG IIRC), but the implication seems to be that the character itself is what's important, not the mechanics behind him.

I guess I'll make a quick few calls right here that are almost guaranteed to be either way too safe or entirely wrong:
  • Zeku will be the second most technically complex character in the game, combo and neutral-wise (first being Menat)
  • Like every other newcomer this season, he'll carry a significant accolade within SF (Kolin was first ice character, Ed was first to not have any charge or motion moves, Abby is biggest, Menat is first "puppet" character)
  • He might introduce some of S3's new mechanics, or actually already be balanced to S3's standard (ex: having VT2 before S3, new defensive mechanics, etc)
  • He'll introduce ninja tropes not/rarely seen in SF, such as mid-combo teleports, wall clings, advanced aerial movement such as air-dashes and double jumps (like GG)
  • The only move he'll share with Guy is the command dash with follow-ups, but the follows will be completely different
  • He'll have absolutely garbage health and stun, but he'll be so fast that you'll think it's too much health anyway
Maybe a legit run animation ala GG instead of just a simple dash forward? I honestly can't remember any SF characters that can simply run without limits like they do in GG.
Q
Oro
Twelve
Sagat
Sakura
Necro

In that order
Capcom is messing up tremendously if Q isn't in season 3, but even the best case scenario probably puts him around a spring release. Sagat is definitely coming first and Sakura will probably be released after him.

ElFly

I don't see how you take a 60fps game with a set polygon budget and strict performance demands and just throw a third character on the screen. I guess you could force lower quality assets but would people just complain about that?

I assume it is offline only, and you could drop the wackos jumping around in the background for a little extra oomph

Maybe a legit run animation ala GG instead of just a simple dash forward? I honestly can't remember any SF characters that can simply run without limits like they do in GG.

Capcom is messing up tremendously if Q isn't in season 3, but even the best case scenario probably puts him around a spring release. Sagat is definitely coming first and Sakura will probably be released after him.

doesn't rashido have a free run? maybe there's some limit unlike GG I am missing here. he certainly has to do his spinner after it instead of being able to punch from it

histopher

Q,Oro,Necro and Viper were decomfirmed for season 3...
I am going to guess Sagat is first with Sakura last. I think we will likely get Sodom, Eagle and probably lameasses like Honda as well.

Devid905

XKira says at least 2 newcomers will be part of the next season (and will feature sticks). My guesses:

Sagat, Sakura, Rose, Eagle, staff girl from Ed's story, Byron Taylor

Blueblur1

Probably the staff girl. She’s blonde too.

Sneakers has mentioned that Capcom is working on three newcomers so X-Kira’s rumor isn’t revelatory.

Sayad

English as a second language seems to be getting in the way of him using the appropriately misleading language thing hes going for.

Whoever the two newbies are, we know of them already.
Is the leak that said Skura and Sagat not being part of S3 the same one that mentioned "at least" two new characters are being worked on?!

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

latest
Nicely dressed female, blond hair and haven't been in a game for a while now, it's amazing that she haven't made it into SFV yet!

kirblar

Is the leak that said Skura and Sagat not being part of S3 the same one that mentioned "at least" two new characters are being worked on?!
No, Flowtron confirmed Sakura/Sagat were S3, said Oro/Q/Viper/Necro were not part of S3. Multiple new characters still in the pipeline was via another source.

Neoxon

I’m gonna go with...
  • Sagat
  • Sakura
  • Cody
  • Sodom
  • Santamu
  • Someone from Neo-Shadaloo
You could also swap Cody for Makoto, but I’m just spit-balling here. As for Sodom, he’s the last Alpha character who has yet to make the jump to 3D, so he has that going for him.

Top Bottom