• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I think just make Laura's sMK 6f and maybe reduce the pushback a little tbh.

the beef I have with that is that at 6f she can't punish certain moves with a lot of pushback (Birdie VT Bullhead) making those matchups a bit harder in return.

I say just reduce the pushback tbh

JusDoIt

Lower health legit offends me. I really don't think people understand Laura's design. Just because you win most of a round, doesn't mean you deserve to win a round. Laura is designed to take hella damage as she struggles to get in, make the opponent feel safe, make them play reckless, and then get her payback once she gets inside. Make people panic and do stupid things.

Lower health legit offends me. I really don't think people understand Laura's design. Just because you win most of a round, doesn't mean you deserve to win a round. Laura is designed to take hella damage as she struggles to get in, make the opponent feel safe, make them play reckless, and then get her payback once she gets inside. Make people panic and do stupid things.

flux is gonna throw his laptop when he sees this

I agree

FluxWaveZ

I was initially surprised it cost 300k yet when you put it like that it seems about right. I assume they would make more out of that 300k in MvCi as the stages and costumes are far less detailed than SFV.

They'd be making less - Marvel gets a cut of all revenue generated whereas SFV's revenue goes only to Capcom.

we got normals outchea being +3 on block with crush counter properties. some that lead into tick command throws.

but you want her st.MK -3 punishable on block from a poke? nah breh

lower health? smh nah breh.

gonna make her low tier at this point :(
I forgot jabs start at 3 frames. You're right, just decrease the push back on it.

Health though? I dunno, her damage is kinda crazy. It's similar to Cammy who has low health.

At Justdoit you think Akuma needs standard health bro? Lol. It's a balancing tool. And you win most of the round means you made more frequent better decisions than Laura but she gets to comeback on you with trigger cuz...

Designs reasons?

I'm sorry you lost me with that one man...

tenor.gif

Well he's certainly not high tier.

I feel like if your character isn't garbage, people act like they don't have weaknesses.

And what exactly is garbage? Alex and Ryu? So Gunfight and Sasaki are what? Gods that would be way better if they picked better characters? Hardly...

It's all just exaggerating on different aspects IMO.
I feel like you take a lot of what I say literally when it isn't meant to be.

Laura is a frustrating character in a frustrating game but I really don't think she's all that unfair compared to other, similar characters in other fighting games. SFV is just really stressful so much of her stuff is exasperated.

Yeah bru, you got this.

I've been winning many of my matches in casual sets. Like, 90 percent lately. And although some aren't clean, I've tightened up things like freaking out and mashing on wakeup, some clean meaty setups with him, and doing some dirty things with Abigail like cr mk in run or abby punch mixups. I'm sure ranked will have more serious competition, but I just wanna see how far I can take this boy.

Going to my offline locals really leveled me up tbh.

Lol how am I supposed to understand tones and sarcasms through text! You better start putting some emojis in
General rule for me. If I'm making my point in less than 3 sentences, it's a shit post.

SERIOUS TALK: Ken is most definitely mid-tier in the game. He can be explosive to the point of winning the round off of one CC into corner carry, and "restrained" enough that he can never reliably get hits in against characters with good defense. I don't hate the fact that he has a throw loop, I hate how low effort and highly rewarding it is since it's easy AF to do a meaty throw, and also easy AF to do a shimmy forcing the opponent to commit to either throw teching or blocking which is an absolutely shitty situation considering how much he gets from a successful shimmy.

It's not that he's broken or too good, it's that a very crucial aspect of his gameplan is an incredibly annoying aspect that isn't fun to play against.

General rule for me. If I'm making my point in less than 3 sentences, it's a shit post.

SERIOUS TALK: Ken is most definitely mid-tier in the game. He can be explosive to the point of winning the round off of one CC into corner carry, and "restrained" enough that he can never reliably get hits in against characters with good defense. I don't hate the fact that he has a throw loop, I hate how low effort and highly rewarding it is since it's easy AF to do a meaty throw, and also easy AF to do a shimmy forcing the opponent to commit to either throw teching or blocking which is an absolutely shitty situation considering how much he gets from a successful shimmy.

It's not that he's broken or too good, it's that a very crucial aspect of his gameplan is an incredibly annoying aspect that isn't fun to play against.
ahh...well said 👌🏼👌🏼👍🏼

I bet!

Sadly I can't do that myself, but I am slowly improving even if it's online. Sticking to one character is definitely helping.

That was my problem too for the longest. I kept bouncing around. I still kinda do on the weekends in learning a secondary and upping my execution, but for the most part I'm sticking with Abigail.

She needs 1050 like Abel. It's the same gameplan.

Edzi

Well he's certainly not high tier.

I feel like if your character isn't garbage, people act like they don't have weaknesses.

And what exactly is garbage? Alex and Ryu? So Gunfight and Sasaki are what? Gods that would be way better if they picked better characters? Hardly...

It's all just exaggerating on different aspects IMO.

I guess all Ken mains are like this.

Onemic

What is this Laura defense force.

Stupid character is stupid. There's a reason why Necalli and Laura were the most represented characters in evo top 64.

Her st.LK alone is legitimately busted.
She's got a 10 active frame jumping short.

She's not fine.

flux pls. Mika's j.LK is a lot better than Laura's.

i've seen you do mika j.LK -> st.MP without a counter hit like pls

What is this Laura defense force.

Stupid character is stupid.

Says the S1 Chun player now S2 Karin player :lul:

Joke?

I think he and Fang are underrated myself.

Alex can really get busy once he has trigger and has some nice 50/50's with command grab.

Fang is easily top 5 most annoying characters to fight against.

Alex is a decent character.. too many buffs might make him too strong so he's good where he is

for real tho, Alex is my 2nd most played character surprisingly lol

Alex can't even land half his stuff. FANG needs a few buffs too. Ryu needs better ways of getting in.

And the whole cast needs defensive stuff.

Tho with new triggers, CAs, and possible cancel mode, how in the hell are they going to keep everything balanced? I think they'll let this game rock for a few months and then patch it afterwards if we get brand new stuff. Too many possible issues.

Onemic

flux pls. Mika's j.LK is a lot better than Laura's.

i've seen you do mika j.LK -> st.MP without a counter hit like pls

Says the S1 Chun player now S2 Karin player :lul:

I played Chun for literally 4 days. Karin was always my main

Or can I call you an S1 Chun player, who then switched to S2 Guile and Rog as soon as they got buffed. #TopTierWhoring.

Mika is super dangerous, but it does feel like she doesn't get super cray until she gets you in the corner while Laura has her time anywhere on the screen once she gets trigger.

Laura is more scary for me, but honestly it could just be matchup familairity. I've played Flux a lot more than Count...

Mika is super dangerous, but it does feel like she doesn't get super cray until she gets you in the corner while Laura has her time anywhere on the screen once she gets trigger.

Laura is more scary for me, but honestly it could just be matchup familairity. I've played Flux a lot more than Count...

Apart from the initial VTC either on hit or block from Laura, then the following sequence, what's scary about her in VT while she has it?

I mean her VSkill dash is mad fast but it's a risk since she's in a CH state during the whole dash

Count is the only one that can downplay something this broken

bMYPseF.png

damn its crazy cause like half the cast still AA jabs me out of that for free constantly

Only when usf4 was done

yep, onemic a scumbag confirmed

Ryu is about as bad as you can get in this game. At least the other bad characters have something going for them. Ryu lacks reliable ways to loop into pressure and has no good mix ups or gimmicks on top of that.

This was actually the Ryu I was afraid he was going to be back when SFV first came out. Then we found out how BS j. LK was, and he had a great throw like almost everybody else did in this game. Those two alone saved him from bottom tier and practically propelled him towards the top. But removing those two returned him to the guy we thought he would be. Having to constantly win in neutral with stubby normals and no knockdown pressure is really hard when other characters can just keep going ham on you.

Ryu has no gimmicks.

Ryu has no damage.

Ryu has no reliable way to secure damage.

Ryu has no bullshit.

Ryu has no good tools.

Ryu has no range.

Ryu has no throw loops.

Ryu has no pressure.

Ryu has no defense.

In short, pick Necalli.

Ken already has Laura's vskill dash for free at all times
see someone gets it
Ryu has no gimmicks.

Ryu has no damage.

Ryu has no reliable way to secure damage.

Ryu has no bullshit.

Ryu has no good tools.

Ryu has no range.

Ryu has no throw loops.

Ryu has no pressure.

Ryu has no defense.

In short, pick Necalli.

Ryu is a good character too tbh, people don't look at his actual tools tbh

GGs Prodcer. I broke towards the end of the second set and I went on major tilt after that. Sorry that it wasn't even a contest towards the end. You're an amazing player tho and you definitely fucked my shit up. Till next time :)

Ryu has great tools.

He has no way of using them.

Give the man a few buffs.
Two of his special moves are really only good when you have legitimately strong fireballs in the game. How are they great here?

Granted, he has one of the most reliable forms of AA in the form of a DP and an invincible reversal but his v-skill is shit, his V-Trigger is also shit and his damage output off those shit tools is also shit.
Ryu's an honest man.

Maybe that's why he can't survive in this cruel world.

Vice

I forgot jabs start at 3 frames. You're right, just decrease the push back on it.

Health though? I dunno, her damage is kinda crazy. It's similar to Cammy who has low health.

At Justdoit you think Akuma needs standard health bro? Lol. It's a balancing tool. And you win most of the round means you made more frequent better decisions than Laura but she gets to comeback on you with trigger cuz...

Designs reasons?

I'm sorry you lost me with that one man...
Cammy and Akuma have better tools. Invincible reversals, teleports or side switching v-reversals, dive kicks, overheads, and much faster walk speed. If you lower her health you have to make her getting in easier since she will have less of a chance with Cammy life and her current toolset.

Producer

GGs Prodcer. I broke towards the end of the second set and I went on major tilt after that. Sorry that it wasn't even a contest towards the end. You're an amazing player tho and you definitely fucked my shit up. Till next time :)

GGs man. I noticed when you were on tilt, i straight away took advantage lol. Happens to all of us man. lets get some more games in sometime.

Two of his special moves are really only good when you have legitimately strong fireballs in the game. How are they great here?

Granted, he has one of the most reliable forms of AA in the form of a DP and an invincible reversal but his v-skill is shit, his V-Trigger is also shit and his damage output off those shit tools is also shit.

Maybe that's why he can't survive in this cruel world.

Okay maybe his tools aren't that great.

But they sure are great when they fighting me as Abigail. Dude can just press buttons all fucking day.

Top Bottom