• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MrCarter

- costume Concept design art
- asset creation
- testing QA
- Stage concept design
- Asset creation
- testing QA
- Stage theme concepts
- stage theme composing
- Testing + Creating patch
- Testing QA of Patch
- Submitting
- re submitting if not approved
- server maintenance
- GAF Complains.

I was initially surprised it cost 300k yet when you put it like that it seems about right. I assume they would make more out of that 300k in MvCi as the stages and costumes are far less detailed than SFV.

Damn's a lot of money for Ugly ass costumes, stages are nice, but most of those costumes are butt ugly, the new Alex costumes is legit though, if Alex wasn't so damn low tier i would buy it..

Trickster

No wonder Capcom wanted to shunt paid fan mods. Cosmetic DLC isn't cheap for them to make.

No sympathy from me honestly. If they were smart they would take the Dota 2 approach to new cosmetics and just have the community make most of it for them.

It would cut costs, increase content flow, and be a good way to interact with the community

Or they could go the Team Ninja route of having fans send in designs as part of a theme and the best submissions get made into costumes.

That way you still maintain quality and control of the end product.

That's Ibuki now after SFIV and SFV. Before Capcom changed her character she actually had a real reason for existing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibuki_(Street_Fighter)

She really didn't change much.
Ibuki always liked boys and always just wanted to be a regular girl.

That's how she got suckered into that Ninja Club at university in 3S. The senpai was a hot guy:
sf3-3ibuki-3.png
sf3-3ibuki-4.png

She was never a ninja just for the sake of being a ninja.

No sympathy from me honestly. If they were smart they would take the Dota 2 approach to new cosmetics and just have the community make most of it for them.

It would cut costs, increase content flow, and be a good way to interact with the community
When you mention DOTA 2 approach, do you mean make SFV free-to-play and let the game subsist on paid cosmetic DLC?

Trickster

When you mention DOTA 2 approach, do you mean make SFV free-to-play and let the game subsist on paid cosmetic DLC?

No I was mainly referring to how new skins that are added to Dota 2 are primarily made by the community. Valve mostly just decides which of the many submitted skins and other items should be added. The community being able to vote of everything that gets submitted also helps ensuring that things that get added are actually wanted by the players(unless it's yet another crystal maiden skin).

It's just a much better way than what Capcom are doing. They add, what? A handful of skins once every second month or something?

But that being said, now that you mention, SF5 would probably benefit from just being turned f2p. Game isn't selling, so I frankly don't see what the benefit of keeping it "locked" behind a pricetag is. Just remove the ability to earn FM for f2p users or something

No I was mainly referring to how new skins that are added to Dota 2 are primarily made by the community. Valve mostly just decides which of the many submitted skins and other items should be added. The community being able to vote of everything that gets submitted also helps ensuring that things that get added are actually wanted by the players(unless it's yet another crystal maiden skin).

It's just a much better way than what Capcom are doing. They add, what? A handful of skins once every second month or something?

But that being said, now that you mention, SF5 would probably benefit from just being turned f2p. Game isn't selling, so I frankly don't see what the benefit of keeping it "locked" behind a pricetag is.
I guess they could do Steamworks on PC, but is PSN set up for something like that?

kikiribu

But that being said, now that you mention, SF5 would probably benefit from just being turned f2p. Game isn't selling, so I frankly don't see what the benefit of keeping it "locked" behind a pricetag is. Just remove the ability to earn FM for f2p users or something
Or, you know, wait for a new iteration with new (and most of the previous) content included, and market it properly.

Ahh the low tier struggle amirite

Seriously?
Well he's certainly not high tier.

I feel like if your character isn't garbage, people act like they don't have weaknesses.

And what exactly is garbage? Alex and Ryu? So Gunfight and Sasaki are what? Gods that would be way better if they picked better characters? Hardly...

It's all just exaggerating on different aspects IMO.

Counts probably just poking fun, but it isn't hard to make Laura weak. I just want that st.mk nerfed, but really a defensive boost is all you need to make Laura less scary.

I don't like the matchup, but I'm not going to sit up here and act like I can't put in more effort to be better at the match.
Problem is I just play scared and get frustrated in that match. The threat of command grab maybe scarier than the move itself lol

VariantX

I guess they could do Steamworks on PC, but is PSN set up for something like that?

Anything made by the community would still need to be worked on and looked over by the Capcom internal artists anyway. For example, Warframe has community created skins and helmets, but the internal team always has to make adjustments to make sure the it fits with the standards they have for their own content as well as ensure it doesn't cause performance issues of any kind. Then it goes off to cert after all the testing and adjustments are made. Then there's the matter of paying the artists. PSN is definitely not set up for it the way steam is. Do you make a flat purchase fee for the content or cut them a percentage of the sales? Took almost a year before consoles got community made items on the issue of figuring out how to pay the artists on those platforms.

JusDoIt

Counts probably just poking fun, but it isn't hard to make Laura weak. I just want that st.mk nerfed, but really a defensive boost is all you need to make Laura less scary.

I don't like the matchup, but I'm not going to sit up here and act like I can't put in more effort to be better at the match.
Problem is I just play scared and get frustrated in that match. The threat of command grab maybe scarier than the move itself lol

Laura is comfortably mid-tier now. I understand people don't like losing to her because of her comeback factor, and that's a psychological crush counter, but she don't need no nerfs.

Yeah the logistics of that aren't pretty.

You know what else isn't pretty? Putting people on tilt with Abby. Got a Bison so mad he just started spamming HK HK HK over and over again.

Just backed away, let him whiff, and let him have it.

Really need to learn the parry though. So many missed opportunities to just get in and get big boy damage. And I need to get better at using the giant flip as a frame trap. Once I nail down a few more particulars it's off to Ranked. Gonna take this boy to Gold!

Bought SFV over the weekend. Started playing the character story mode. Love it so far. Really like the art direction and I'm really liking the overall gameplay thus far. A bit too easy, but I see the difficulty ramping up slowly.

Laura is comfortably mid-tier now. I understand people don't like losing to her because of her comeback factor, and that's a psychological crush counter, but she don't need no nerfs.
overall I agree...

That st.mk though

It has to go!!!!

Shadow I'll look for you when I'm on, we haven't played in a while and I need to learn Akuma.

MCD250

Counts probably just poking fun, but it isn't hard to make Laura weak.
A lot of folks used to say that she was bad in S1 tbh.

She always struck me as a solid mid-tier character at the time (she could already dish out big damage/stun and she could also do some of the same vortex-y stuff that she can do now, it was just a little harder to do both things). Honestly, I think part of the problem with her right now is that certain things about her (like her high health and long V-Trigger duration, for example) are balanced around her (weaker) S1 self, while almost everything else about her has been made much stronger. One of the two needs to go, or at least be toned down.

JusDoIt

overall I agree...

That st.mk though

It has to go!!!!

Shadow I'll look for you when I'm on, we haven't played in a while and I need to learn Akuma.

All they need to do to st.mk is reduce the pushback on block so buttons that can punish a -2 normal are in range to punish it.

Bought SFV over the weekend. Started playing the character story mode. Love it so far. Really like the art direction and I'm really liking the overall gameplay thus far. A bit too easy, but I see the difficulty ramping up slowly.

It won't be too bad until the very end, but there is an Extra mode you can play for difficulty.

Edit: Woah, tickets to Canada right now are only like 200 something from Chicago. Are hotels super expensive there? I might go to Canada Cup.....

-3 instead of -2

And she should have lower health.

we got normals outchea being +3 on block with crush counter properties. some that lead into tick command throws.

but you want her st.MK -3 punishable on block from a poke? nah breh

lower health? smh nah breh.

gonna make her low tier at this point :(

Just decrease the pushback a bit. I think that's fair.

People want drastic ass nerfs with this game. With all fighting games. IF they better defensive options and v-reversals half the bad things in this game aren't gonna be so bad anymore.

Rog still needs more scaling on his v-trigger combos though.

Zerojul

There will come a time in my life as a SF player when I stop eating random wake-up supers. That time has not come, though.

Top Bottom