• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

The only people who are legitimately going to find him annoying are the ones that FANG can successfully zone out.

Basically if you have a command grab, FANG is annoying as fuck.

With the exception to this naturally being Necalli, because why the fuck not.

Fuck I can't stop laughing at this particular moment.

g6Q7sJi.gif

The only people who are legitimately going to find him annoying are the ones that FANG can successfully zone out.

Basically if you have a command grab, FANG is annoying as fuck.

With the exception to this naturally being Necalli, because why the fuck not.

nah its not Fang's zoning that's annoying, it's his rushdown lmao

dude is + on damn near everything

nah its not Fang's zoning that's annoying, it's his rushdown lmao

dude is + on damn near everything
While I admit that he does have a lot of good + moves, the problem is that he can't get anything off of them unless you slip up and press buttons where you shouldn't.

3-framers have it good at least in the sense that his st.hk (which is +1 oB) isn't a real frametrap since you can always jab after wards and get at the very least a trade and at the most a CH.

Arguably his best frametrap is cr.mk which is +3 oB but unless that's done at point blank range, you're not gonna be in danger of a throw so you can just get by with keeping an eye on whether he moves forward for a throw.

His coward's crouch kick is +2 so again gotta respect it but you can ALWAYS late tech since this move moves him forward towards you and he can't realistically shimmy off of this move unless the opponent is not paying attention at all.

His st.lp into st.hp is a true CH confirm, since st.lp CH leads into st.hp BUT, his st.lp is +3 oB and his st.hp is 7 frames startup so it's a real frametrap against 4-framers but characters with 3-frames CAN risk the jab afterwards. In this situation it starts to come through just how shallow fang's pressure really is if your opponent is aware of your shenanigans and has legitimately good defense since what you GET from opening up opponents is peanuts compared to what characters like Ken or Necalli get from their frametraps.

Wait you can't get anything off that as FANG?

Damn.
He did that move incredibly late which is why Karin recovered so quickly.

The higher up you hit them, the better it is + you cancel both of those hits into any special but only the second has them doing the flip to reset while cancelling the first hit leads to them falling down but getting a setup off it is easier.

Its for sure one of the better anti airs in the game which can lead to good pressure afterwards or a setup on top of its very good hitbox and damage.

But SFV happened in that particular instance. It might have been more reliable for him to go for cr.mk as he would've been more +when she landed.

Producer

I'm just not familiar with the intricacies of SF/SFV. Can someone explain to me why that GIF is funny?

its not really funny, its just that he anti aired karin when she was pretty much almost to the ground so he didnt have alot of frame advantage. He tried to use a move that is very good on block but long startup and got beat by a quick jab. Should have just jabbed himself and setup a different blockstring

mbpm1

Give fang Satsui no Hado

Laura too

On an unrelated note why do Fangs just do random st hp into nothing? Just for CCs?

I remember the days when someone jumped towards me and I knew I was gonna charge they ass 400 damage for doing it

now its like ynot

its not really funny, its just that he anti aired karin when she was pretty much almost to the ground so he didnt have alot of frame advantage. He tried to use a move that is very good on block but long startup and got beat by a quick jab. Should have just jabbed himself and setup a different blockstring

Ah understood. I haven't played as Karin nor Fang yet so I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

How do you guys deal with just not getting better despite practicing your ass off and trying to learn frame data? I got this game at launch and I have literally never hit Silver once.

Shadoken

I think it was more impressive when Idom won with an even weaker character.

Except his anti airs apparently

He is plus , just not +8 or something. The Fang would have clearly won if he went for a Jab. but he went for a slower move. Also that AA hit hella late.

vulva

How do you guys deal with just not getting better despite practicing your ass off and trying to learn frame data? I got this game at launch and I have literally never hit Silver once.

Watch your last 5 replays and take note of every single time you got hit and why and how significant the damage was. Then take that list and see what the most frequent or most common source of large damage on you came from. Work on improving your defense in your overall weakest point.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sounds like you're thinking too much. Play with your heart, not with your head. Thinking is for people who want to be platinum.

You are doing things that are stopping you from winning.

You are probably pressing things on wakeup that you should.
You are probably being predicatable.
You are probably lacking in matchup knowledge, at least generally.
You probably don't have a gameplan before each match.
You probably don't have your confirms down in a heated match you want.

It's all about practicing smart, not hard. Find your weak areas, cover them up first.

JusDoIt

How often do you play, man? I couldn't get out of Rookie for a couple days after launch, but playing daily got me to Silver in like a month.

Top Bottom