• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Blueblur1

I've received some lovely notifications from my r/SF thread.

DG0z0u6WAAM1yHm.jpg

jett

D-Member
Played ranked for 30 minutes, made silver pretty easily, yay. Maybe I should play ranked more instead of casuals. It's so much more stressful though.

Blueblur1

I just went through the thread. There's a surprising amount of level-headed posts coming from seemingly level-headed people.

Aaaaannndddd a few people proving Strider's point.

Pompadour

Played ranked for 30 minutes, made silver pretty easily, yay. Maybe I should play ranked more instead of casuals. It's so much more stressful though.

Just pretend it's Casual. If I don't give a shit about winning or losing I do a lot better.

There's a guy in that reddit chain who hasn't supposedly turned the game on since Christmas. He's moved on.

It's like seven months, why the fuck are you shitting around a reddit dedicated to a game you don't play anymore?

Blueblur1

FANG is basically a goofy NPC turned into a character.

Please no actual goofy NPCs. Keep the stage clean.

Lol ... Serious looking and SFV.

Ever since SFIV this franchise has been focussing on being intentionally too goofy , expect NPCs to do whatever they do in shadaloo lair with everyone running behind each other , tripping and falling..etc

you'll be forced to see his goofy brothers and sisters constantly doing vreversals across the stage and you will be confused when you vreversal and you will like it

Yeah, you guys are probably right. It would be nice if we got a stage similar to Gill's 2nd Impact stage though. Maybe in the future.

sfiii20095.png

Pompadour

There's a guy in that reddit chain who hasn't supposedly turned the game on since Christmas. He's moved on.

It's like seven months, why the fuck are you shitting around a reddit dedicated to a game you don't play anymore?

There's a person on my Facebook who constantly airs dirty laundry about their ex-husband and shares posts from pages named "My Baby Daddy Ain't Shit". They divorced years ago. It's the same shit.

VariantX

I guess being mad about something can be enjoyable I guess. It just doesn't help jack squat. It also doesn't help that some people think shitposts are criticism, or want to hide behind the word to shit post. Criticism takes some level of thought and energy, something that is completely uncharacteristic of criticism. I would like to know what capcom is doing to address the criticisms, and hopefully not through datamined info that may or may not show up in the game at any point.

And its actually about 9 months.

TronWayne

Finally made it 40 points into Gold, time to retire to casuals for a few weeks. Last time I got gold I lost it the very next match.

Edzi

Flux, you're the first Abigail player I've ever played who knows his Oki and actually has a grasp on his normals. Holy shit, he has no openings. I don't know why I've never though of canceling MP into dash, that's actually unreactable.

EDIT: Lol, I've had closer matches with your Mika.

EDIT2: Whoa, I actually AM having a somewhat competitive set with your Mika. I dunno if I'm just that unfamiliar with the Abigail matchup, or if he actually just owns Alex's soul. Still, I'd like to think my Alex has gotten a lot better.

GGs

FluxWaveZ

Flux, you're the first Abigail player I've ever played who knows his Oki and actually has a grasp on his normals. Holy shit, he has no openings. I don't know why I've never though of canceling MP into dash, that's actually unreactable.

EDIT: Lol, I've had closer matches with your Mika.

EDIT2: Whoa, I actually AM having a somewhat competitive set with your Mika. I dunno if I'm just that unfamiliar with the Abigail matchup, or if he actually just owns Alex's soul. Still, I'd like to think my Alex has gotten a lot better.

GGs

GGs. I've been playing too long, so I was actually almost falling asleep between games, haha. I was going on auto-pilot a lot as a result; Mika's a character who's so easy to play like that for me. Though I didn't let you take a game, and that's what matters.

MrCarter

No life probably. Similar to what Strider said.

There's a person on my Facebook who constantly airs dirty laundry about their ex-husband and shares posts from pages named "My Baby Daddy Ain't Shit". They divorced years ago. It's the same shit.

It seems SFV is the ex-wife/husband in this case and it looks like they can't accept the divorce.

mbpm1

GGs. I've been playing too long, so I was actually almost falling asleep between games, haha. I was going on auto-pilot a lot as a result; Mika's a character who's so easy to play like that for me. Though I didn't let you take a game, and that's what matters.

The OS, so good

Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't understand the hate this game gets. Perhaps I won't ever understand since I haven't played SF since early SF3. Is there game really in shambles like many people are claiming? I'm having a great time playing it.

mbpm1

But it's true... too often, I'll be playing all day, to end up playing at night to the point where I'm basically having micro sleeps between sets. Not a good habit.

Besides, I don't need to develop an OS for not losing!

I believe you, but in terms of function it is the same.

Edzi rekt lol

It seems SFV is the ex-wife/husband in this case and it looks like they can't accept the divorce.

The downside of extreme dedication right there

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't understand the hate this game gets. Perhaps I won't ever understand since I haven't played SF since early SF3. Is there game really in shambles like many people are claiming? I'm having a great time playing it.

The people who hate it are either casuals who barely played the game because they didn't get the single player stuff they wanted and/or have an automatic indignant reaction to DLC, or it's high level players who understand the game really well and don't like some of the fundamental design decisions or character balance. There's lots of room to have fun in the middle ground as an ignorant intermediate player.

Just did 30+ matches with Count, feel like I learned nothing about laura lol...

Just seemed like whoever gets the beat on offense takes the match. What is the gameplan versus her?

All my bad matches, I've gotten a little overall gameplay down before the match starts.

Sim - just play patient, watch abuse of teleport, walk/block, look for openings

Guile - Same thing, but his zoning is so good, you have to take risk sometimes

Karin - Mid-range zone her with c.mp FB pressure, strong AA, reset neutral often

Cammy - Same thing, reset neutral often, she has better buttons, mid-range zone her

Gief - play strong ground game

Laura - ?? Rush her? I just can't wrap my head around this match.

VariantX

The game was disappointing at launch. Network and matchmaking issues, lack of single player content, not having the modes and features the previous game had, relatively small launch roster, no rage quit penalties, lack of defensive options, busted legacy controller/stick support. If all you cared about was the online competitive aspect, then you were much better off than the people who like the other modes, SP stuff in people, who had nothing but an unfun survival mode. Alot of this has been addressed, but the mood has been set and it will take a lot of work to turn it around. I fully accept that the launch roster was small as they literally remade everyone from scratch, animations and all. But all the other features that SF4 built up over the years should have been the baseline of what SFV had on the table day 1. Its just an expectation that your sequels carry on the majority of things the previous games had, and SFV simply didn't while still asking for a full $60 at launch.

Top Bottom