• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Ken's is the best because he has strong shimmy and how easy it is to time.

But yeah, other characters have strong throw pressure as well. Karin flies under the radar a bit IMO.

Nah. Karin's is worse than Ken.

My throw loop tier list goes like this:
1) Rashid
2) Karin
3) Akuma
4) Ken
5) Cammy

Seriously, Rashid's is the straight up worse loop in the game. No Rashid you're not sorry! And Im not you're friend, buddy!

1) Rashid
2) Karin
3) Akuma
4) Ken
5) Cammy

Seriously, Rashid's is the straight up worse loop in the game. No Rashid you're not sorry! And Im not you're friend, buddy!
I'm not sure those would count as a loop? I think Cammy and Akuma just has great tic throws. Karin and Rashid are pretty buff though, I dunno how easy there's are to time though always just assumed Ken's was best because of ease of use and how easy he gets you on the corner.

kirblar

They should just make throw techs always max distance you. If one person's in the corner, the other gets pushed out farther to compensate.

mbpm1

1) Rashid
2) Karin
3) Akuma
4) Ken
5) Cammy

I'm sorry friend
I'm sorry friend
I'm sorry friend
*glass shattering noise*
I'm sorry friend
I'm sorry friend

Onemic

I'm not sure those would count as a loop? I think Cammy and Akuma just has great tic throws. Karin and Rashid are pretty buff though, I dunno how easy there's are to time though always just assumed Ken's was best because of ease of use and how easy he gets you on the corner.

Akuma most definitely has a throw loop

Blueblur1

So guys, which future stage release(s) are you most looking forward to....?

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017...es-including-urien-and-cammy-classic-remakes/

I already figured we'd see a Cammy stage so its not a surprise. At this point it seems that Capcom is remaking the classic SF2 stages that pertain to the SF2 characters included in SFV. I also expect Ken's stage at some point, too.

I'm not 100% willing to believe all of these but some seem plausible. I do expect the Sagat stage (Ayutthaya Ruins) in December (along with Sagat).

And the FANG stage might be coming. The image EventHubs features is the first time we've seen art of the stage without FANG plastered over it so I'm inclined to believe it (unless that image file has been in the code since launch).

The image of FANG's stage
09_x-kira03.jpg

The same goes for the R. Mika stage. The only art we've seen of that stage has Mika on top of it. X-Kira's image is missing Mika and doesn't seem to be photoshopped.

The image of Mika's stage
09_x-kira02.jpg

The "Capcom Wrestling Association" is the one I'm not sold on. This is the same stage X-Kira released an image of last year. We still haven't seen it from Capcom.

Last year's screenshot of CWA stage
7RIuxMq.png

Mizerman

I still would like the Grass Stage from Alpha 2, but I fully understand that it would be a design issue when it involves V-Skills and V-Triggers.

Stages are overrated. Less important than a good color
I'm inclined to agree...I've bought a couple but I keep going back to bustling side street. Maybe because it's the first stage that was revealed.

Ryu's stage and Vega's I do Switch too sometimes though, and Karin's afternoon one.

Nothing like the side street though.

mbpm1

I'm inclined to agree...I've bought a couple but I keep going back to bustling side street. Maybe because it's the first stage that was revealed.

Ryu's stage and Vega's I do Switch too sometimes though, and Karin's afternoon one.

Nothing like the side street though.
The thing is half the time (well most of the time) you're fighting and not seeing the stage and of the times you match your opponent is the one who's stage you're fighting on and they probably picked some garbage beach stage or something
Disagree. The only things more important than new stages for keeping a fighting game fresh are new characters and mechanics.
If that's the case it's an extremely distant second imo

kikiribu

It's hard not to like Side Street. Bang bus always makes me laugh but the colors and lighting, and it being right outside of a restaurant you can go into makes it cool.

JusDoIt

The thing is half the time (well most of the time) you're fighting and not seeing the stage and of the times you match your opponent is the one who's stage you're fighting on and they probably picked some garbage beach stage or something

If that's the case it's an extremely distant second imo

It is a distant second to characters, which is why fighting games tend to fall off making new stages pretty quick. SFV has overachieved in the stage department.

Lack of Tekken 7 during its debut month should be more surprising...especially with CEO and the Royal Rumble being Tekken instead of SF this year. But, it's Tekken, so no one ever notices things like this for Tekken or any non Capcom game.

The biggest event during June for SF5 was CEO...the tourney where half of SF5 top 8 wasn't even streamed due to crappy internet, and it still managed to get the most views.

Now, JULY on the other hand...
how did this become about tekken
Anyway...

@Count I'll be home around 5 please be on!! I gotta get this Laura match down, also Shadow I need Akuma help, air FB traps are killing me.

definitely down to play sometime this evening, can't confirm for 5 tho, if I see you on I'll send an invite

From my understanding - there are a few 'stages' that have existed in a non-complete capacity for awhile now. The CWF arena was most likely converted to the Ring of Destiny stage from last year, as the CWF arena was a 'stage' used in the Cinematic Story mode.

"FANG"'s stage is actually the first stage ever made for SFV & was used for lots of early prototype stuff. I'd love to see it get finalized & released though.

It is a distant second to characters, which is why fighting games tend to fall off making new stages pretty quick. SFV has overachieved in the stage department.

With the slight bump in budget a lot of the production pipelines for SFV are getting, the increase in stage output makes sense. Whats been nice is that Capcom has continued to go back to already released stages and continue polishing them. Love the improvements to Guile's stage.

And the FANG stage might be coming. The image EventHubs features is the first time we've seen art of the stage without FANG plastered over it so I'm inclined to believe it (unless that image file has been in the code since launch).

The same goes for the R. Mika stage. The only art we've seen of that stage has Mika on top of it. X-Kira's image is missing Mika and doesn't seem to be photoshopped.

The "Capcom Wrestling Association" is the one I'm not sold on. This is the same stage X-Kira released an image of last year. We still haven't seen it from Capcom.

I don't actually think those images have been in the game at any point.
See that weird text with the question marks on the slides? Those are internal resource IDs used in the game and as I can tell those are what X-Kira is going by.

1) Rashid
2) Karin
3) Akuma
4) Ken
5) Cammy

You forgot Necalli. It's pretty bad when you can do his oki in the corner with your eyes closed.

kikiribu

Capcom should give us those stages from Cinematic Story for free. Why keep them there? They're pretty and exactly what I want as they don't have NPCs on them. Those stages are already in the game, what's so hard about adding them to Stage Select, Capcom?

The stages have FPS problems. They gotta fix that first.

Lack of Tekken 7 during its debut month should be more surprising...especially with CEO and the Royal Rumble being Tekken instead of SF this year. But, it's Tekken, so no one ever notices things like this for Tekken or any non Capcom game.

The biggest event during June for SF5 was CEO...the tourney where half of SF5 top 8 wasn't even streamed due to crappy internet, and it still managed to get the most views.

Now, JULY on the other hand...

How is it strange? Tekken is more niche than SFV. It was always going to be the case. Don't spread that toxic garbage here man. What's your agenda?

Castle Lichtenstein is jizz worthy.

Nguuhao Palace is sick af, especially if it looks like the prototype version.

Ayutthaya Ruins is inevitable, especially if Arcade mode launches with Sagat.

The Ring is... cool, I guess...

Olmec Ruins is the single least interesting aspect to Urien.

Blueblur1

From my understanding - there are a few 'stages' that have existed in a non-complete capacity for awhile now. The CWF arena was most likely converted to the Ring of Destiny stage from last year, as the CWF arena was a 'stage' used in the Cinematic Story mode.

"FANG"'s stage is actually the first stage ever made for SFV & was used for lots of early prototype stuff. I'd love to see it get finalized & released though.

Oh yeah. Its in this image right here:

With the slight bump in budget a lot of the production pipelines for SFV are getting, the increase in stage output makes sense. Whats been nice is that Capcom has continued to go back to already released stages and continue polishing them. Love the improvements to Guile's stage.

It seems that improvements have been made in service of adding new missions. I hope they keep doing them because the night time versions of old stages such as Shadaloo Base and Forgotten Waterfall are barren. And so is Abigail's stage which was surprising to me.

Ucchedavāda;245784224 said:
I don't actually think those images have been in the game at any point.
See that weird text with the question marks on the slides? Those are internal resource IDs used in the game and as I can tell those are what X-Kira is going by.

If they're new files then there's hope.

Blah I meant "Ring of Destiny"

Ah yeah, quite the overlap with both ring stages. Maybe we'll never see it. :-(

I can't lie, I'll reinstall the game if FANG's stage comes out and I won't uninstall for a minimum of 3 weeks.

But the only condition is that the stage be released, and that the theme be worthy of F.A.N.G's musical legacy.

the night time versions of old stages such as Shadaloo Base and Forgotten Waterfall are barren. And so is Abigail's stage which was surprising to me.(
Yes, and that's a GOOD thing. Stages shouldn't have clutter.

I'm so glad SFV didn't end up looking like this, but I'm happy Arika's game kinda does.

Arika's game works with that style. Like lots of particle effects and shit totally suit that game. It's fantastic and feels a little next gen in a way.

They said they need to get the licensing for the name.

Just.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybe Sneaks knows something.

Just peeked at Kira's page. Apparently Akiman's Chun costumes are coming, and we're also getting a gallery mode.

That gallery mode would've been mighty useful before when Capcom wanted to force people to get rid of their FM and get more character sales.

JusDoIt

Arika's game works with that style. Like lots of particle effects and shit totally suit that game. It's fantastic and feels a little next gen in a way.

They said they need to get the licensing for the name.

Just.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Maybe Sneaks knows something.

It feels next gen and old school at the same time. I wish Capcom was healthy enough to throw some dev money and guest characters their way for some backend licensing fees.

Top Bottom