• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Shadoken

I think FANG's would look sweet with some serious-looking Nguuhao soldiers in the background. Not goofy NPCs.

Lol ... Serious looking and SFV.

Ever since SFIV this franchise has been focussing on being intentionally too goofy , expect NPCs to do whatever they do in shadaloo lair with everyone running behind each other , tripping and falling..etc

Lol ... Serious looking and SFV.

Ever since SFIV this franchise has been focussing on being intentionally too goofy , expect NPCs to do whatever they do in shadaloo lair with everyone running behind each other , tripping and falling..etc

Idk the ninjas and wizards fighting in the background seem pretty serious

mbpm1

FANG is basically a goofy NPC turned into a character.

Please no actual goofy NPCs. Keep the stage clean.
you'll be forced to see his goofy brothers and sisters constantly doing vreversals across the stage and you will be confused when you vreversal and you will like it

JusDoIt

Just peeked at Kira's page. Apparently Akiman's Chun costumes are coming, and we're also getting a gallery mode.

That gallery mode would've been mighty useful before when Capcom wanted to force people to get rid of their FM and get more character sales.

I'm dying that his information tab now has 20 pages. His next video is going to be infinite Necalli Under Construction shrugs.

Idk the ninjas and wizards fighting in the background seem pretty serious

And the carnivale dancers. And the guy having a fight with a bird. And the punk metal guys in the I can't keep doing this I hate a lot of these stupid stages.
you'll be forced to see his goofy brothers and sisters constantly doing vreversals across the stage and you will be confused when you vreversal and you will like it
NhJ1he2.gif

MrCarter

"FANG"'s stage is actually the first stage ever made for SFV & was used for lots of early prototype stuff. I'd love to see it get finalized & released though.

With the slight bump in budget a lot of the production pipelines for SFV are getting, the increase in stage output makes sense. Whats been nice is that Capcom has continued to go back to already released stages and continue polishing them. Love the improvements to Guile's stage.

Uhh what?! Capcom just release that damn stage already. As for the stages, I agree, all of the new ones have been fantastic and the significant improvements they made to the airforce and beach stages were a nice touch too.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Producer. Any tips? Against Chun, I never paid close enough attention to her cr.MP, which is her primary tool in the MU. Especially when she can activate V-Trigger, I should always be aware of its range.

Also, I'm not used to punishing sweeps with a sweep, so I let too many of those go by. Other than that, I guess I need to do a better job of knowing when to throw fireballs, and when to scout the air. It's harder for me when the opponent also has a fireball, but I was getting used to it a bit.

Producer

GGs Producer. Any tips? Against Chun, I never paid close enough attention to her cr.MP, which is her primary tool in the MU. Especially when she can activate V-Trigger, I should always be aware of its range.

Also, I'm not used to punishing sweeps with a sweep, so I let too many of those go by. Other than that, I guess I need to do a better job of knowing when to throw fireballs, and when to scout the air. It's harder for me when the opponent also has a fireball, but I was getting used to it a bit.

GGs man. At that close-mid range, its very easy to react and punish guile vskill. Though when i am at around chuns sHP max range, even though i can still punish the vskill, i will most likely get hit by the vskill/boom and it would be a bad trade for me. That, and only other thing is when i scored an sbk knockdown in the corner and followed up with a jump crossup, you would do a flashkick or i think press a button to beat it, and you'd always get hit. She escapes flashkicks/srks guaranteed in that setup.
Thats about all i really noticed since everything else was on point and well you played better than i did. In fact i should be asking you for tips lol.

Anyone on for a few sets?

Hey my bad i didnt accept i was in a lobby with flux :/ ill invite you later on if i see you online

Just peeked at Kira's page. Apparently Akiman's Chun costumes are coming, and we're also getting a gallery mode.

That gallery mode would've been mighty useful before when Capcom wanted to force people to get rid of their FM and get more character sales.
Hope that's correct. I always love a gallery mode.

Ggs Flux nice improvement on your Guile...

I'll grab some lunch and be back on tonight...

It's really fun playing you defensively..those stair downs, Ken just wants to hug his brother in law man, why u no let me get close? Lol

FluxWaveZ

GGs man. At that close-mid range, its very easy to react and punish guile vskill. Though when i am at around chuns sHP max range, even though i can still punish the vskill, i will most likely get hit by the vskill/boom and it would be a bad trade for me. That, and only other thing is when i scored an sbk knockdown in the corner and followed up with a jump crossup, you would do a flashkick or i think press a button to beat it, and you'd always get hit. She escapes flashkicks/srks guaranteed in that setup.
Thats about all i really noticed since everything else was on point and well you played better than i did. In fact i should be asking you for tips lol.

Thanks. My go-to AA tool is the flash kick and cr.HP, so I have a bit of trouble properly registering what to do in situations where I'm being crossed up in the corner. If I can react properly, doing Bazooka Knee out of it would be good.

I'd say with Cammy, you should use the EX spiral arrow more in reaction to the booms. Your go-to "get in" tool was the cannon strike, so I could just focus on flash kicks for the set and pressing crouching buttons for the rest. Wasn't really forced to walk around much. So walking and dashing more to get in would be good, and trying to bait the flash kicks more with intentionally spaced out cannon strikes, neutral jumps, and such.

I don't know if I have much to say about Chun. Maybe be less intent to hold onto your V-Trigger when you also have a full EX gauge? It's good to look for that opportune moment to freeze time and CA, but this time I was well aware of that, so I didn't let it happen except for once, I think.

Ggs Flux nice improvement on your Guile...

I'll grab some lunch and be back on tonight...

It's really fun playing you defensively..those stair downs, Ken just wants to hug his brother in law man, why u no let me get close? Lol

GGs. Picked him back up today, because I really need someone to cover Mika's bad MUs. I intentionally decided on a character who is pretty much the polar opposite of her, so it's kinda tough getting used to, but I'm getting there.

Also, it wasn't lagging like last time we played, so that was good.

Producer

Thanks. My go-to AA tool is the flash kick and cr.HP, so I have a bit of trouble properly registering what to do in situations where I'm being crossed up in the corner. If I can react properly, doing Bazooka Knee out of it would be good.

I'd say with Cammy, you should use the EX spiral arrow more in reaction to the booms. Your go-to "get in" tool was the cannon strike, so I could just focus on flash kicks for the set and pressing crouching buttons for the rest. Wasn't really forced to walk around much. So walking and dashing more to get in would be good, and trying to bait the flash kicks more with intentionally spaced out cannon strikes, neutral jumps, and such.

I don't know if I have much to say about Chun. Maybe be less intent to hold onto your V-Trigger when you also have a full EX gauge? It's good to look for that opportune moment to freeze time and CA, but this time I was well aware of that, so I didn't let it happen except for once, I think.

GGs. Picked him back up today, because I really need someone to cover Mika's bad MUs. I intentionally decided on a character who is pretty much the polar opposite of her, so it's kinda tough getting used to, but I'm getting there.

Also, it wasn't lagging like last time we played, so that was good.

Thanks for the advice. I definately hate fighting guile as cammy, i tried to get in through the ground but i was running into cMK all the time and getting impatient. When i have both meters full as chun im either looking to slide punish or fireball punish but yeah, i should change that up.

Top Bottom