• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Horseress

protectedimage.png

aboutit.png

Platforms:
Playstation 3
Playstation Vita
XBox-360
PC (v.2013 was not released yet for it)​

Number of players:
1-4 players
introductionec.png

Street Fighter X Tekken has now received an update that has vastly changed and improved the gameplay. For one thing, time outs have now become less frequent, worst case scenario being matches ending with the timer being under 40 counts.

About the DLC drama, the game is way cheaper now, so you can buy the game for a good price and get the $20 DLC (MvC3 had 2 chars for $7 each one (they came with the disk too), so $20 for 12 characters is not that expansive.​
characterchanges.png

systemchanges.png

Pandora
• Now lasts 10 seconds instead of 7.
• Once activated the Cross Gauge will max out, but will not automatically replenish.
• The character that goes into Pandora will appear closer to their fallen partner.
• Frames decreased by 2 on activation.
• Damage is not dependent on remaining vitality, but is now 1.15 times more across the board.
• All characters will leave their freeze state at the same time.​

Quick Combos
• Preset Combo 1’s entry will be cleared out so that even if it’s set it won’t activate.
• Present Combo 1’s set combo will be moved to Preset Combo 2.​

Forward Recovery Roll
• A hurtbox will appear in the 7 frames when Forward Recovery ends, and the player will be able to block.
• A Forward Recovery Rolling character will be throwable in the 10 frames at the end of the roll and throw escapes will not be possible.​

Normal Throws
• Startup changed from 7 frames to 5.
• Except for air throws, successful regular throws will now erase any recoverable damage on the opponent’s vitality gauge.​

Vitality Gauge
• Vitality Gauge will not shake when a character takes damage.
General Changes

• Gem activation effects - Glowing effects toned down
• "FIGHT" timing at the beginning of the round - Disappears before characters are able to move
• Recoverable health color - Changed from dull white to orange color to increase visibility
• Camera work - Camera no longer changes during the launch attack portion of a cross rush
• Normal throws - Startup changed from 7F->5F
• Guard cancels - Can no longer follow up with additional hits after connecting with a guard cancel move
• Recoverable health speed - Speed of life recovery reduced to 1/3
• BP table contents - BP table modified
• Fortitude gem effects - Small:100 Mid:130->Small:80 Mid:110
• Life Force gem effects - Small:80 Mid:100->Small:60 Mid:80
• Harmonize gem effects - Small:60 Mid:80 Large:100->Small:40 Mid:60 Large:80
• [ID:23] Immense Power Lv.3 - Attack 30%UP->Attack 10%UP Effect Time 10 secs->20 secs *Along with changes, name changed to Immense Power Lv.1
• [ID:182] Harmonize Lv.3 - Life recovery 80->Life recovery 60 *Along with changes, name changed to Harmonize Lv.2
• [ID:189] Harmonize Lv.3 - Life recovery 80->Life recovery 60 *Along with changes, name changed to Harmonize Lv.2
• Forward recovery roll - After a forward roll, hurt box appears 7F before any additional actions are possible (still throw invincible)
• Cross Arts - Initial move damage changed from 100->150​

89469316.png

Thanks to Zukuu, we have almost all frame data from the game (with the DLC characters and still being updated) compiled in a well organized spreadsheet. Check it out here!

Shoutouts to Tizoc for helping me out!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I may just buy the PC version... when the changes come through. I kinda dug the game but started hating it.

Very much a different game now. It seems much more aggressive and its actually a pretty good game to watch now, whereas vanilla was fine to play (imo) but a fucking snore to watch. Really looking forward to how it is received at Evo.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I have the PC version but my dual modded stick doesn't get recognized when I plug it into my tower. I tried using a program to set the buttons outside of the game but it didn't work. :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC the PC version doesn't have the 2013 patch yet.

The pc version is still behind. They only just got the DLC characters. I bought the pack when it was on sale a few days ago but I'm not installing until its ver.2013.

The game is definitely more fun to watch, although time will tell about the balance. They really should've tried to balance the SF characters better rather than nerfing them so harshly.

I do appreciate Capcom's effort to save this game one last time. I hope they learned their lesson for future fighting games.

Oh yes, and I also picked up the artbook. It doesn't have a lot of original art persay, but I enjoyed reading about a lot of the behind the scenes stuff and costumes that didn't make it into the game. I'm only pissed that the 12 DLC characters and explanations for alternate costumes weren't included, and I doubt there'll be a part 2 of the book. Please don't do this again, Capcom...

Nyoro SF

Online still has that molasses problem, but at least the gameplay problems got (mostly) fixed.

Edit: Oh yeah, and about 20$+ worth of DLC...

Vita version will be updated?

I enjoyed the vanilla version, maybe because I don't compete online since I'll get beaten pretty badly.

I may need to check it out after the update to see the improvments.

I don't give a shit about nerd tournaments, i care about playing online.

While I'm not on board with the tone, I do agree. Until there's just a way to go and play online sans gems, and in addition, they drop the price of all the dlc characters to 5 dollars or less permanently, I couldn't be bothered. Specially since I have a 360, and they'll never let me have PacMan and Megaman.

Giolon

On Disc Characters still DLC? No sale. Sorry, Capcom. Try again in 10 years. Or, release a GOTY edition or something with everything in it, and then I'll buy it.

Skilletor

What exactly do you mean by that?

Just my opinion, but:

FADCs put less risk on uppers. Now when somebody blocks an upper, it will get punished. get punished.
More true block strings in this game than in SF4, less guessing for the aggressor when applying pressure.
Throws with less range, less guessing from distance of jabjabjab.
No vortex stuff to worry about. Game on knockdown reminds me of alpha2/3

Xevren

I was curious how the trial stuff was going to work now that you mention it, figured they would just go the route like AE where it reverts to super.

AAK

I don't give a shit about nerd tournaments, i care about playing online.

The inferior player will never win because of having DLC gems. It's not like they have access to tools the other player won't have. The only exception was autoblock but that's been patched.

Top Bottom