• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

def sim

You used then instead of than in the title.
emosternwx8-1.png

Just played a 40k bp person 2 games in a row (ranked). Literally lost the first match because Hwoarang dropped his tag combo in the corner :(

Second match I lost round 1 to jack X spam uppercut. Round 2, I demonstrated those shenanigans were over with. Round three I played a patient game with my Law and forced him to make mistakes.

I think my Hwoarang is really finally starting to come along. Learned some really nice links to go naturally to his flamenco stance to his best frame trap or end it with HK Hunting Hawk for damage.

His dive kick is way more useful than most people realize.

Also figured out his best damaging combo in the corner (no meter!)

J.HK, s.MK,s MK (hold forward) (FLA), link s. Mp, s MP (3 hits), let opponent fall, you can either do it again (MK,MK) to SRK or HK into HK. Hunting Hawk after the first rep

that link at the beginning is 2 frames I believe but not that difficult. Would be easy as heck on a fight stick (plink) but I play on the vita. Pinking a MP really isn't bad on the thing but no where near as easy as a stick

Nuklear

Banned
You can get the game, characters, and all swaps on Steam right now for like 23.80. Great price if you don't mind waiting for the update.

They should really call it Darkside edition on Steam because you get all the DLC gems too.

Why aren't the alternate costumes out for it on PC? Sort of weird it's just the swaps.

Tizoc

The only thing still discounted on Steam are DLC. The sale for SFxT was last week (end?).

Gamersgate seems to be the only site I have access to that sells SFxT but it doesn't have the DLC atm. I think they might have it on sale eventually...

Genki

The character DLC sale on Steam actually lasts until the 20th. If they release 2013 by then I'll buy it and check it out. Not counting on it. Vita price is hilarious in the EU sale even with plus.

Skilletor isn't the only person who feels this game is more "Street Fighter" than SF4. I enjoyed it before the update and enjoy it even more now.

yurinka

I already liked the game, and feels way better now. I think SFxT is the most underrated fighting game of the gen specially considering it's the most risky one merging SF and T series.

I know some people don't like gems, auto player switch combos and pandora. How about if Capcom includes allows you to disable them separatedly in the options?

Would it fix the game for you?

Even the time outs are more exciting now lol.

I just hope that in EVO, matches won't drag for too long, this'll be a deciding factor to hve more people get into the game.

At the recent SoCal Regionals there was only 1 timeout throughout the 8 man tournament.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
If you're going to buy the PC version I wouldn't wait too long to pull the trigger unless you plan to wait for a steam sale. The Reason being is for a short while the DLC 12 characters are only $5 on PC. Its the one big thing its got going for it right now.

How's the PC Community? Active? Dead?

vg260

Anyway to reset my bp points?

I wanna start over and get rid of my 12000 bp.

Picking up a new character too so ill be even more ass and would like my points to properly reflect my crappiness.

No. I wish you could do this too , especially when starting with a new team.

hymanator

My main gripe with the game is the overall rules of the tag team fights. I wish there was a mode that required defeating BOTH fighters instead of just one. I always feel robbed when my player gets ko'd early, and I feel like I got a cheap win if it's the other way around. I know many people might prefer it this way, but it would still be nice to have a choice. Makes me wonder how hard it would be to mod the pc version to play like a traditional match?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My main gripe with the game is the overall rules of the tag team fights. I wish there was a mode that required defeating BOTH fighters instead of just one. I always feel robbed when my player gets ko'd early, and I feel like I got a cheap win if it's the other way around. I know many people might prefer it this way, but it would still be nice to have a choice. Makes me wonder how hard it would be to mod the pc version to play like a traditional match?

It requires smarter planning and resource management *life bars*

It also requires you to fully learn both your characters as you have to be able to hold their own 100%

if you want less thought about your characters play marvel :p

stn

Just to spark discussion, who would you guys say are the top rush-down characters, top zoners, and top teammates (i.e. create the best synergy)?

Top Bottom