• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

ScrubSaibot

Neo Member
I don't know about that. 9 out of 16 people showed up for my Evo pool. The game does not get played at locals much and tournament numbers are dwindling.

Tizoc

Seems the Costume DLCs are on sale on EU PSN for the Vita ver.
Aren't the costumes cross-buy? Like if I buy the Swap costumes DLC for Vita I get them for PS3 ver. as well?

Tizoc

OK weird, I go to the store via my (EU) PS3 copy to see if the outfits are on sale, and I find that the Alternate costumes for the entire cast is offered for free, so I download it and am able to use them!
...but man are some of these Alts friggin' bizarre...Cammy with a ribbon, Gang Schoolgirl Nina, whatever the fuck Xiayou is wearing, I mean how the frag am I supposed to come up with funky colors for these clothes?

Tizoc

Have you tried to access the store from the game itself?
As in boot up the game, select store from the main menu and go to the Packs?

Tizoc

So it's for EU PSN only it seems my bad ^^;
...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a glitch, EU PSN are known for that lol.

...but just to confirm: Does getting the Vita costumes also give you the PS3 costumes as well?

pretty sure it does, but don't quote me on that.

american psn having a capcom sale. maybe i'll finally pick up the dlc charas, but i don't really play anymore. is the online still active?

Tizoc

pretty sure it does, but don't quote me on that.

american psn having a capcom sale. maybe i'll finally pick up the dlc charas, but i don't really play anymore. is the online still active?

There were a few matches available when I searched last night, but overall the online is still active, else how would SSF4EVO be able to put 30-60 min. match sets of online SFxT ;3

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone still plays this on Vita, I just borrowed a copy from work. PSN ID is the same as on here.

(Re-posting from the Vita thread:)
I played SFxT on PS3 for a while, but was pretty terrible and didn't have anyone to play with locally (Japan time). Hoping I can get into the portable version a little, as despite all the hate it gets, I kind of dig the customisation and meaty, weighted feel it has compared to UMvC3.

Also, I've heard you can transfer data (custom colours, gem layouts, etc.) from the PS3 to Vita version. Can anyone confirm how you do this, or what else is transferable between versions?

SUPARSTARX

If anyone still plays this on Vita, I just borrowed a copy from work. PSN ID is the same as on here.

(Re-posting from the Vita thread:)
I played SFxT on PS3 for a while, but was pretty terrible and didn't have anyone to play with locally (Japan time). Hoping I can get into the portable version a little, as despite all the hate it gets, I kind of dig the customisation and meaty, weighted feel it has compared to UMvC3.

Also, I've heard you can transfer data (custom colours, gem layouts, etc.) from the PS3 to Vita version. Can anyone confirm how you do this, or what else is transferable between versions?

I don't have the game with me but there is a menu somewhere to syncronize the preset data for colors and stuff.

Been getting back into playin this on my vita, though online seems very quiet. Got my ass handed to me by a Ryu/ken team spamming the same moves, I was more annoyed that I couldn't seem to counter it. Still enjoying it though.

Tizoc

From watching SSF4EVO's SFxT vids, and comparing it to JWong's playstyle, I find that JWong plays it pretty safe which can make most of his SFxT matches boring to watch.
Take the two matches I linked to above, if such stuff could be done in EVO or any SFxT Tourney it'd be freakin' awesome.

At any rate, I'm gonna miss out on the SFxT matches due to work and Twitch Archives load like snails for me, so hopefully the finals are uploaded on Youtube (and not removed).

roknin

Yeah, that shit is so amazingly awesome but no one wants to play the game, unfortunately.

Which is a damn shame. :-(

Also, hi :3 Didn't know this thread existed until Yesterday lol... Subbed for future reference.

Still mad I missed my match with Saibot at Evo half a year later. Stupid car. -_-

NEO0MJ

Decided to pick up the complete version on steam during the sale and been replaying it.
With this, Skullgirls and KOF XIII I have too many fighters on hand
Gotta admit though I'm disappointed that I didn't get the extra costumes for the DLC characters, any explanation for this? They're not even purchasable.

Tizoc

^SFxT is not available in the Middle East on STEAM, only thru origin.
In this case I don't know how to go about getting the reamining costume DLCs, maybe someone can gift them to you?

Also The Cool Kid needs to be in EVO, his Bob+Cody team is too good.

NEO0MJ

^SFxT is not available in the Middle East on STEAM, only thru origin.

But I did buy it from steam, I just have to log in via Live to play online. I don't have origin installed on my PC to check this out right now, but that's how I did it.

Anyways, enjoy this screenshot of Ogre chasing Kazuya.

11894708486_573b64d09f_b.jpg

Tizoc

Yo NEO0MJ, you're right various alts don't show up for me too, and even from using the Store ingame it doesn't show the reamining alts.
As is your best option is for someone to gift you the dlc from another region.

Boom

NEO0MJ

Yo NEO0MJ, you're right various alts don't show up for me too, and even from using the Store ingame it doesn't show the reamining alts.
As is your best option is for someone to gift you the dlc from another region.

I'm just angry because I was promised a compete version and it's not what I got.

Tizoc

Neo, I did a quick search online and it would seem that we actually DO have the complete pack, seems not all the alt. outfits were released on Steam as I don't see them listed anywhere on any Steam pricing site or if I say try to access Steam via a proxy server.

Piccoro

Hey guys, for all of you that have a SFxT PS3 US copy, but don't have the extra characters, here's a tip:
If you have Plus, download the free Vita version (even if you don't own a Vita) through the webstore, and the 12 character pack will be available to download for the PS3 version...

I enjoyed the game offline, PS3's online was garbage even after the patch at least for me. Sad cause I really enjoyed Ogre and Nina in this, sometimes Sagat...

Also having 3 copies of it annoyed the crap out of me, one I bought, one a friend gave me when the patch hit, and then freaking Mark Man gave me one.... can't get rid of this thing if I tried.

Top Bottom