• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

KAL2006

Banned
4HdrY.jpg

Online Manual
http://game.capcom.com/manual/sfxtk/en/

This game seems to be a solid port, all the content is intact from the console version, the graphics look good (although slightly downgraded, though background have animations unlike UMvC3),and the gameplay is all intact with 60FPS. This is probably one of the best looking games on Vita with so much content.

Cross Compatible DLC
Comes with all the DLC characters from the console version for free. If you buy the Vita version you also get the DLC characters on PS3 version for free. Also all DLC is cross compatible between the Vita and PS3 version, so you only have to buy the DLC once. As a pre-order bonus many stores are offering Alternate costumes for free for the core cast (38 characters).

Cross compatible online play
Similar to WipeOut, SFxT offers cross compatible online play between both Vita and PS3 versions. For me personally this is the seller, with UMvC3 on Vita the online community was quite dead, however because this game will combine the PS3 and Vita community, hopefully the online commyunity is more active than UMvC3 was on Vita.

Vita exclusive features
-Augmented Reality, take pictures of your characters
-Front and Back Touch Screen support for shortcuts
-Ad-Hoc Fight Request for getting games from people nearby
-KO Monument (no idea what this is yet), something about collecting trophies from your defeated opponents

Free 2013 Patch Update coming
Apparently a big patch is coming that has many balance updates, hopefully Capcom address aa lot of the complaints coming from the hardcore tournament players. Here is a link to some of the balance changes that will happen in the update
http://shoryuken.com/2012/10/19/street-fighter-x-tekken-ver-2013-changelog-for-street-fighter-cast/

IGN Video walkthrough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO8lNtpWZho

Link to the OT for the console version
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464822

Takao

Banned
For this week only Gamestop in the US is doing a deal where you can get both the PS3, and Vita version of the game for $50 combined.

Tizoc

TBH I'm not too excited for the Vita ver., but if there are those who are getting it I hope you like it =3 Likewise for those that have and are enjoying it.
Try not to let the Gems turn you off, IMHO they don't seem to do much anyways.
Also, Elena <3 4eva

A pretty exciting release for Vita.
About the cross-play, I think it sounds good in theory, but Vita users will have an unfair disadvantage to PS3 users with arcade sticks and special pads. But it's good for non-competitive play, I guess.

Exactly what DLC is included in the Vita version? I was under the assumption it would have everything the console versions got, but it seems like it's just some of the new characters.

Will regular players be forced to play against shortcut (touch screen) users?

I think it sounds good in theory, but Vita users will have an unfair disadvantage to PS3 users with arcade sticks and special pads. But it's good for non-competitive play, I guess.

Pad vs stick is a preference, not an overall advantage/disadvantage

I tried getting into this again last night on PC to see if I wanted to get the portable version with the extra characters but the game is just awful in its current state.

I may give it another try after the 2013 update. Hopefully the game is salvageable because I love the roster and the designs Capcom came up with for the Tekken characters.

Skilletor

About the cross-play, I think it sounds good in theory, but Vita users will have an unfair disadvantage to PS3 users with arcade sticks and special pads. But it's good for non-competitive play, I guess.
I also hope it doesn't have savedata sharing. Damn PS3 cheaters ruining the Vita trophy lists.

Exactly what DLC is included in the Vita version? I was under the assumption it would have everything the console versions got, but it seems like it's just some of the new characters.

Not true at all. If you're comfortable playing on a pad, a stick or any other input method is no advantage. It's all about playing what you're most comfortable playing with.

Playing on a stick doesn't instantly make you godlike and playing pad doesn't make you suck.

Also, Vita dpad is amazing.

I think i'll pick this up at lunch.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
For this week only Gamestop in the US is doing a deal where you can get both the PS3, and Vita version of the game for $50 combined.

I read that as get a PS3, PS3 Version, and Vita Version combined for $50.

Damn Caffeine.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

What Skilletor said. The Vita is great for fighters and it's not going to be difficult to play the game with its dpad and buttons.

It's all in the OP. Vita has all of the DLC characters available and comes with a code to unlock them on the PS3 version.

The Vita version also has an added endless-survival-style mode in addition to its other extras.

I'm just saying that even just comparing PS3 pads to the Vita, even taking arcade sticks out of the picture, the PS3 people may have an advantage, since the consoles have dedicated pads such as the MadCatz FightPads, large buttons and floating D-pad and all.
But yeah, the Vita's D-pad is very solid. Just unsure of the small, clicky buttons and ergonomics compared to a dedicated fighting game-oriented console pad.

It's all in the OP. Vita has all of the DLC characters available and comes with a code to unlock them on the PS3 version.

The Vita version also has an added endless-survival-style mode in addition to its other extras.

Ah, very nice. I'm assuming the gem packs and color packs and such will not be built in to the Vita release though? Separate purchases like the PS3 version?

TheMink

^ true, but you could say the same for all people who have regular controllers.

And the vita is excellent for fighting games.

Woooot!!

Young Magus

Surprised that this is getting an |OT|, nonetheless will download when psn updates today.
Does anyone know if the dlc costumes are on the vita version already or what?

BHK3

Banned
I'm just saying that even just comparing PS3 pads to the Vita, even taking arcade sticks out of the picture, the PS3 people may have an advantage, since the consoles have dedicated pads such as the MadCatz FightPads, large buttons and floating D-pad and all.

That's still down to preference though

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ah, very nice. I'm assuming the gem packs and color packs and such will not be built in to the Vita release though? Separate purchases like the PS3 version?

I don't see why the color packs wouldn't already be available, since they're free, but the gem packs will likely stay as DLC and the same purchases should work on both versions. UMvC3 also shared DLC content on both platforms.

Are there any color packs left to be released? No idea if the last one was it or if there's still one or two more left. There was a metallic color scheme pack that was added, then removed some months ago. Since then they've just been releasing shades of the same four colors. :/

It's crazy to me that they've stretched out all the DLC for so long...after the alternate outfits are out, that should be everything though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They did make an effort to add a lot of stuff for the vita version, I give them props for that

Lot better than Marvel 3's effort. Marvel 3 after Hero and Heralds gets kinda dead offline. :/

I really wish there was a deal for digital buyers because Gamestop is giving the PS3 copy away for practically free if you buy it retail which isn't the route I'm going.

I'm hoping I'm not burned by the game backfire fiasco on the original launch. :/
And that I don't get bored to tears by it because I'm not really interested in the Juggle characters too much. Getting for Portable Cody shenanigans.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Even if i don't like capcom, street fighter and tekken, i can't see an ot without some screens, so:

003.jpg
streetfighterxtekkenvitagc03jpg-4406ed.jpg

streetfighterxtekkenvitagc02jpg-4406ef.jpg
sfxtvitatgs005jpg-441637.jpg

sfxtvitatgs003jpg-9d92c8.jpg
xggtc-x-ss01jpg-441657.jpg

battletap03bmpjpgcopyjpg-f21d4e.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, sub-native resolution? I'm surprised considering the clarity of UMvC3. It is a different engine, though, right?

Top Bottom