• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

anyone know how the cross compatible dlc works? is it just a code? or do you have to connect the vita to your ps3? i don't actually have a vita, but might consider picking this up for the dlc.

fernoca

Could be wrong and a link would be appreciated, but from what I remember reading; while the Vita version includes all DLC you don't get to unlock it for free on PS3.

Also the preorder costumes while those can be used across both PS3/Vita; the code only unlocks costumes for the 12 "extra" characters and not the full roster.

Again, a link would be appreciated as I don't get the game until Friday.

SUPARSTARX

They apparently built the game from scratch to include vita capable functions or w/e.

Looks good. Still waiting for my package.

Arukado

Could be wrong and a link would be appreciated, but from what I remember reading; while the Vita version includes all DLC you don't get to unlock it for free on PS3.

Also the preorder costumes while those can be used across both PS3/Vita; the code only unlocks costumes for the 12 "extra" characters and not the full roster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdhNhCdw5yg&t=1m52s

Uraizen

Banned

http://www.capcom-unity.com/officia...stumes_with_your_street_fighter_x_tekken_vita

Check the comments, a Capcom employee replied and said we get all of these costumes for both. The same guy who has been posting all the SFxT 2013 changes.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you might have been talking about the characters, my bad.

vg260

The touchpad control config is awesome. Shame UMvC3 didn't get this.

It's sucks the definitive versions of MK, UMvC3, and SFxT in terms of options and content are all on the Vita. I guess Vita selling points are good for them, but sucks for console owners. Parity is best.

Looking forward to trying this. The Gamestop deal is pretty good too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
My copy just arrived.

The box only contains the game card and a voucher with a single code that can be used for the 12 DLC characters on PS3 and to unlock the alternate outfits for the original 38 characters on both PS3 and Vita. (The remaining 12 DLC characters' alternate outfits are a pre-order bonus)

SUPARSTARX

My copy just arrived.

The box only contains the game card and a voucher with a single code that can be used for the 12 DLC characters on PS3 and to unlock the alternate outfits for the original 38 characters on both PS3 and Vita. (The remaining 12 DLC characters' alternate outfits are a pre-order bonus)

The game already has the 12 characters loaded without the code?

My copy just arrived.

nice. so if i'm reading correctly, thats ~$40 worth of ps3 dlc from a vita game that costs ~$40?

Played it for about 30 min. Never played the console version. Graphics are suuuper good. 60fps, native res. The in-battle character models are a little lower poly than the pre-fight models, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

Jinroh

Am I the only one who is annoyed by the loading time on the iGN video? They were pretty bad with UMVC3. I know it's a well known vita issue, but it's still cumbersome nonetheless.

danmaku

Looks like they toned down the awful effects on the lifebars, this alone makes it better than the console version.

Skilletor

I find it extremely difficult to do UMVC3 stuff on pad/vita. SFxT is easier to play with if you enjoy 'em.

I'm the opposite. The 4 button layout of UMvC3 makes it easier for me.

I hate using shoulder buttons for 6 button games.

I'm leaving now to pick mine up. :D

SUPARSTARX

I'm the opposite. The 4 button layout of UMvC3 makes it easier for me.

I hate using shoulder buttons for 6 button games.

I'm leaving now to pick mine up. :D

I don't think you have access to both buttons and touch in UMVC3, it's one or the other. While in SFxT you can access both at the same time if I'm not mistaken. So there's just overall a better quality for me personally. And yeah, I second the shoulder buttons. Why does it feel so bad on the PSVita?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think you have access to both buttons and touch in UMVC3, it's one or the other. While in SFxT you can access both at the same time if I'm not mistaken. So there's just overall a better quality for me personally. And yeah, I second the shoulder buttons. Why does it feel so bad on the PSVita?

The fuck it is.

Original: D-pad and buttons only mode, like console/arcade.

Touch: D-pad and buttons with touch-enabled assists (touch A1/A2 to call them out) and touch-enabled hyper (touch hyper bar when you have meter to use a hyper) mode.

SUPARSTARX

The fuck it is.

Touch: D-pad and buttons with touch-enabled assists (touch A1/A2 to call them out) and touch-enabled hyper (touch hyper bar when you have meter to use a hyper) mode.

Haha sweetness. But I'm messing with it right now and nobody is on PSN with this. I suppose there isn't any PS3 vs PSVita netplay right

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I think I'm going to go for that Gamestop deal tomorrow. All of the dlc included plus both games sounds great to me.

So...in regards to cross play, does it work in versus mode as well? It'd be pretty cool if I could versus one of my kids with them using PS3 and me using the Vita. It'd just be neat to see.

vg260

The fuck it is.

Thant's real wonky. SFxT apparently does it well with the invisible boxes you can set up near the buttons to use with your thumb. I find it real hard to do S+atk moves on UMvC3 vita. Playing Phoenix Wright on UMvC3 Vita is probably a mess.

test_account

XP-39C²
Looking forward to see more of the game. It looks like a pretty solid port indeed.

By the way, some of the backgrounds in Marvel VS Capcom 3 Vita are animated.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The touch-enabled mode is half-baked, yes, but it isn't "one or the other" like the person makes it out to be. It's a both enabled mode with touch "enhancing" the gameplay in Marvel 3. Issue is the GUI is so damn small (and no, the redone GUI to fit doesn't really work for it) to where the touch-enabled stuff doesn't really work for it too well.

sly16bit

Neo Member
Played it for about 30 min. Never played the console version. Graphics are suuuper good. 60fps, native res. The in-battle character models are a little lower poly than the pre-fight models, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

I have to agree. The game is gorgeous on the Vita's screen!! Plays well too! (oh and found out how to disable moves by touch. much better now)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
By the way, some of the backgrounds in Marvel VS Capcom 3 Vita are animated.

That is true; there's very minimal animation. The trick is that nothing in the backgrounds has any animated meshes, like articulated characters. Evidently this port is properly optimized for the hardware - while some background characters are different, there's plenty of full animation and skits playing out in the stages, like Alex jumping between the dinosaurs and beating them in the head.

Played it at NYCC and thought it was fun. A lot better than the iPad version. Couldn't seem to pull off the HP, HK though. So it's kind of weird. Feels like UMVC3 but a tad bit more complicated with the button scheme. Graphics were nice, running in 60 fps, no slow down. Some of the backgrounds IIRC don't animate, but it was fun overall.

Besides I had to play it to get a free poster from the Capcom rep, lol

Skyzard

Banned
Can someone who knows (for sure) that he can tell the difference between 30 and 60fps no problem confirm that this is running at 60? A lot of people that say it's 60 fps just mean they didn't notice any lag...Can't be too sure these days.

Was going to hold off for a price drop now that I see all the DLC that is out before the game even lands -- but if it is 60 I have to have it.

suikodan

My wife tells me that the game just arrived via post mail.

Hopefully there will be some people online but it's fun to be able to play against PS3 people as well.

I'll get demolished for sure :p

Can someone who knows (for sure) that he can tell the difference between 30 and 60fps no problem confirm that this is running at 60? A lot of people that say it's 60 fps just mean they didn't notice any lag...Can't be too sure these days.

Was going to hold off for a price drop now that I see all the DLC that is out before the game even lands -- but if it is 60 I have to have it.

pretty sure its 60. Capcom hasn't released a fighter that has been sup-60 in a long time.

Even umvc3 is 60fps

edit
remember an interview with seth saying it was 60 as well. Just google it.

Skyzard

Banned
^Thanks...I remember they said they were aiming to get it to 60 fps a long time ago (months and months). Haven't seen any proper confirmation since..

It looks really good...which is why I'm worried :p If it is 60fps then fuck you Unreal and your UE3 Vita...what a huge difference.

as much as i didnt like the console version, this might be fun to play in short bursts like for
when i'm taking a shit
or something...

Example:

Sonic Generations: 30 fps
Sonic Adventure 2: 60fps

Console versions.

Super Mario Sunshine: 30 fps
Super Mario Galaxy: 60 fps

Hmm you mentioned loading times in another post - was it just from the IGN video you mentioned? Was it an online match load ?

Those who have it, are loading times ok?

The online loads as fast as a standard match.

Read Segway....

I picked up my copy. It looks really, really nice....the animation going on really gels and didn't notice much in the way of slowdowns.

I was minding my own business getting to grips with it in arcade mode and received an online challenge. I almost won ^_^

Alas, I turned of online until I figure everything out. I want to be a better fighter and at least understand specials and supers....

Really liking the game so far! It looks much, much, much, much, much nicer than MK did, that is for sure.

Now, to master Bob!

*i think chubby guys are awesome ^_^

Thanks Trancetronic, was a bit paranoid. Excellant!!

No problem. 60 fps usually means perfect fluidity. 60 fps is usually the max cap for console games where the game is rendered. 30 fps is usually what you see in movies and games with a lot of detail.

Try watching movies in 60 fps. They just look strange.

Will be picking up this game, just havent decided if it will be physical or PSN version, I have UMVC3 but I just cant get along with the hectic play style, this seems a little more traditional Street Fighter.

Skilletor

It's 60. Feels like there might be some slight slowdown, but I'll have to play for more than 5 minutes to say yay or nay to that.

Touchscreen implementation is great. Will have to play around with it some more, but it feels like a solid port.

Don't think it's native res. UMvC3 is much cleaner than this. Could be wrong, though.

Did they make Kaz's EWGF more visible in a patch on consoles? His whole body glows purple in this when you do it. I approve of this change. :)

Top Bottom