• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

Uraizen

Banned
So uh... I put the code I got from the slip inside the case and it gave me the DLC Chars alts instead of the 38 core alts. Is this normal or are the 38 core alts just the alts that are already released?

Ok so I picked up my copy during lunch earlier and in sitting here playing and I can't for the life I me figure out how to disable the rear touch pad functionality in gameplay. I have HUGE hands I with the way I grip the vita I'm constantly putting in erroneous inputs. Please tell me there's a way to go "buttons only" and how?

Skilletor

Ok so I picked up my copy during lunch earlier and in sitting here playing and I can't for the life I me figure out how to disable the rear touch pad functionality in gameplay. I have HUGE hands I with the way I grip the vita I'm constantly putting in erroneous inputs. Please tell me there's a way to go "buttons only" and how?

Configure it in the button controls. Make the touchpad "none." :)

So uh... I put the code I got from the slip inside the case and it gave me the DLC Chars alts instead of the 38 core alts. Is this normal or are the 38 core alts just the alts that are already released?

I had this happen too. And it didn't give me the DLC characters either, what the fuck!?
The only reason I bought this was to get the characters on PS3 for free, so what gives?!

Ken

Looking at the screens, I don't know if I should just buy the DLC for my 360 copy or get it on Vita since it has to look better on the smaller screen, right?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This is a pretty damn impressive port overall. The game is clearly not running at full resolution and I noticed some dips in the framerate during certain special and super moves. Nothing that seemed to affect the game in any way, however.

Similar to SSF4 3D Edition, you can use four areas of the game screen for touch controls and use two spots on the back panel. I found the back panel annoying and turned it off immediately.

For my button set up, I went with the lights and hards on the face buttons and the mediums on the shoulder buttons. I can switch characters without a problem, but for some reason I am finding it very difficult to pull off the tag super with both shoulder buttons. Found an easy workaround for this, though- I just mapped the mediums to panels 3 and 4 and hit one shoulder and one panel when I do the tag super. Works perfectly.

I tried online briefly. The game now displays lobbies with "PS3" and "VITA" logos. Players can choose to play together or create PS3 or Vita only lobbies. I did one cross-play match against a PS3 player in Puerto Rico. There was lag, as expected, but it went just as smoothly as it would if I was playing on my console. Did a few matches against another Vita player and it also went smoothly for the most part. I'm impressed with the game so far.

And it also allows for screenshots! Was not expecting that after they locked this feature out of UMvC3.

Same here. This may be a case of CAPCPOM coming in. The paper clearly states that the code is for the 38 core characters...but you get the alts for the 12 DLC characters instead.

The game is also NOT linking up with my PS3 account...I do not have access to the color sets I created, nor are the swap outfits I purchased available. I cannot re-download them to the Vita from my download list, either.

But it also doesn't appear that PSN has updated yet...maybe we have to wait to at least re-download the swap outfits? It's confusing.

Skilletor

This is a pretty damn impressive port overall. The game is clearly not running at full resolution and I noticed some dips in the framerate during certain special and super moves. Nothing that seemed to affect the game in any way, however.

Similar to SSF4 3D Edition, you can use four areas of the game screen for touch controls and use two spots on the back panel. I found the back panel annoying and turned it off immediately.

For my button set up, I went with the lights and hards on the face buttons and the mediums on the shoulder buttons. I can switch characters without a problem, but for some reason I am finding it very difficult to pull off the tag super with both shoulder buttons. Found an easy workaround for this, though- I just mapped the mediums to panels 3 and 4 and hit one shoulder and one panel when I do the tag super. Works perfectly.

I tried online briefly. The game now displays lobbies with "PS3" and "VITA" logos. Players can choose to play together or create PS3 or Vita only lobbies. I did one cross-play match against a PS3 player in Puerto Rico. There was lag, as expected, but it went just as smoothly as it would if I was playing on my console. Did a few matches against another Vita player and it also went smoothly for the most part. I'm impressed with the game so far.

And it also allows for screenshots! Was not expecting that after they locked this feature out of UMvC3.

Pretty much sums up my brief time with it.

Definitely felt those dips. Kind of felt like it dropped when one the CPU jumped and I remained on the ground, and definitely during some specials.

Lyte Edge

DLC is up via search.

Some of the DLC I bought shows that I purchased it on PS3...some does not. WTF, lol. EDIT: Never mind; I forgot that I got all the DLC characters' swap outfits together.

For those looking for a faster way to (re)download DLC, it will go much quicker once the in-game shop is up.

SUPARSTARX

I see tiny dips like selection screen loading and etc but yeah the game plays hella smooth otherwise and looks very vibrant on the OLED.

Dat Poison

8117382864_5694d35d77_o.png

vg260

DLC is up via search.

Some of the DLC I bought shows that I purchased it on PS3...some does not. WTF, lol. EDIT: Never mind; I forgot that I got all the DLC characters' swap outfits together.

For those looking for a faster way to (re)download DLC, it will go much quicker once the in-game shop is up.

I think PS3/Vita swap costume DLC is supposed to be 50% off starting today, just in case you were about to buy any and the store isn't updated.

Same here. This may be a case of CAPCPOM coming in. The paper clearly states that the code is for the 38 core characters...but you get the alts for the 12 DLC characters instead.

The game is also NOT linking up with my PS3 account...I do not have access to the color sets I created, nor are the swap outfits I purchased available. I cannot re-download them to the Vita from my download list, either.

But it also doesn't appear that PSN has updated yet...maybe we have to wait to at least re-download the swap outfits? It's confusing.

The paper basically gave us the pre-order bonus instead of what was promised. Makes me wonder if the pre-order bonus code will give me the 38 core alts and the 12 dlc characters.

I tried to contact Capcom support, but their support consists of an answering machine. Sketchy. Time to call Amazon to see if I can't get the bonus code faster to see if there's nothing to worry about or if I need to return my game.

Ken

I think PS3/Vita swap costume DLC is supposed to be 50% off starting today, just in case you were about to buy any and the store isn't updated.

What's the normal price? I peeked in and saw the swap pack for all 38 characters at about 8 bucks.

Is this like most modern capcom fighters and lacking in single player content? I got MvC3 and there's just so little to do. I miss robust and weird single player campaigns of last gen in fighters.

SUPARSTARX

Is this like most modern capcom fighters and lacking in single player content? I got MvC3 and there's just so little to do. I miss robust and weird single player campaigns of last gen in fighters.

Arcade? Heroes and Heralds? Training mode?

There's about the same and a bit more for single player content here. Lotsa cinematics from the storyline, AR photo mode, gallery of junk and some customization stuff to pimp your character out. lol

How much more single player content can anybody squeeze into fighters?

swit

Let's go back to Tekken 3 days:
- unlockable characters - 10 or more (don't remember),
- unlockable costumes,
- unlockable modes and mini games: Theater mode, Tekken Ball Mode,
- Tekken Force Mode.

edit: Street Figter Alpha 3:
Classic Mode: (3:00) Beat Arcade Mode on difficulty 4. To initiate the modes, press Select while at the Player Select Screen.
Mazi Mode: (4:00) Beat Arcade Mode on difficulty 4. To initiate the modes, press Select while at the Player Select Screen.
Saikyou Mode: (5:00) Beat Arcade Mode on difficulty 4. To initiate the modes, press Select while at the Player Select Screen.
Arcade Balrog: (8:00) Clear the bonus USA course in World Tour Mode. Select by highlighting Balrog, hold L2, and press any button.
Team Battle Mode: (16:00) Clear the first China course in World Tour Mode. Accessible from the Main Menu.
Survival Battle Mode: (24:00) Clear Point 48106 in World Tour Mode. Accessible from the Main Menu.
Final Battle Mode: (32:00) Beat Arcade Mode on difficulty #7. Accessible from the Main Menu.
Alternate Playstaion Introduction: (48:00) Automatically unlocked after 48 hours.
Dramatic Battle Mode: (72:00) Beat Arcade Mode on difficulty #8. Accessible from the Main Menu.
Alternate Dramatic Battles: Dual Battle (A + A') and Dramatic Battle (A + B): Beat Dramatic Battle Mode once with Juni & Juli and once with Ryu & Ken. Accessible under the Dramatic Battle listing.
Guile: (96:00) Clear the 'vs. Sakura' USA course in World Tour Mode. You must have cleared 19 courses previously, and your total level must be at 27 or higher to access this course.
Evil Ryu: (120:00) Clear the 'vs. Ryu' Japan course (on Gouki's island) in World Tour Mode. You must be at level 30 or higher to access this course.
Shin Akuma: (180:00) Clear the 'vs. Gouki' Japan course (on Gouki's island) in World Tour Mode. You must be at level 31 with at least 2 ISMs mastered to access this course.
World Tour Mode itself provided tons of additional single player gameplay. PSP version added even more extras.

Ken

Arcade? Heroes and Heralds? Training mode?

There's about the same and a bit more for single player content here. Lotsa cinematics from the storyline, AR photo mode, gallery of junk and some customization stuff to pimp your character out. lol

I'm not sure if most of the people who are buying fighting games for single player content will care about the training mode.

Lyte Edge

In addition to the standard Arcade/Training/Versus/Training/Challenge modes, the Vita version of SFxTK offers Burst Kumite mode. This is kind of like Ghost Battle in Tekken and is an endless series of matches against the CPU. The game description also says that it creates "ghost" opponents from network battles.

Let's go back to Tekken 3 days:
- unlockable characters - 10 or more (don't remember),
- unlockable costumes,
- unlockable modes and mini games: Theater mode, Tekken Ball Mode,
- Tekken Force Mode.

edit: Street Figter Alpha 3:

World Tour Mode itself provided tons of additional single player gameplay. PSP version added even more extras.

Yes.

And also I think it was Virtua Fighter 5, but it may have been 4, where the single player mode had you going from arcade to arcade fighting against "people" with different skill levels as you tried to become the arcade champion of the game. I played that mode for 50 hours atleast. It was so fun.

Im all for playing online, but when I do it... it's with SFIVAE or SF3. uMvC3 and SFxT might be fun to mess around with online but i'm never going to get serious about it. So a sale for this game is dependent on me having stuff to do offline. The ghost battle thing sounds interesting (and heroes and heralds is pretty decent in uMvC3) but with so many other games coming out I think I'm going to wait.

Thanks for answering the question though guys. It's appreciated.

fernoca

My copy just arrived.

The box only contains the game card and a voucher with a single code that can be used for the 12 DLC characters on PS3 and to unlock the alternate outfits for the original 38 characters on both PS3 and Vita. (The remaining 12 DLC characters' alternate outfits are a pre-order bonus)
http://www.capcom-unity.com/officia...stumes_with_your_street_fighter_x_tekken_vita

Check the comments, a Capcom employee replied and said we get all of these costumes for both. The same guy who has been posting all the SFxT 2013 changes.

EDIT: Oh, wait, you might have been talking about the characters, my bad.

Awesome. Wasn't expecting that. Picking my preorder and going to see if I can also take advantage of the "2 for $50" from Gamestop too.

EDIT:
Seems there are some problems with the codes. Keeping an eye out...getting it anyway.

Lyte Edge

Man. Cross-play is so awesome. Really feels like "next-gen" portable gaming now. Hope more games do this!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Anyone who bought the digital version, can you confirm if you do get the 12 dlc characters on the PS3 version? Or is that strictly for retail copies that have the slip in the package for the PS3 DLC?

Skilletor

Thank god this game doesn't have unlockable characters. Fuck that noise.

So I've got the touch screen set up so that 3 and 4 are hp/hk respectively. I just find it odd to have lp/lk in that position even if that's the way it should be if it were 6 button pad. It's okay for me. I can practice this way, but won't get very far in matches, haha.

About to try some online matches.

Skillzilla81 if anybody wants to play.

Uraizen

Banned
EDIT:
Seems there are some problems with the codes. Keeping an eye out.

Yes, there certainly are, seems nobody is getting their chars for PS3 or 38 costumes. Knowing Capcom the pre-order codes ended up being the codes meant for the slips, but I haven't received my pre-order code yet to confirm one way or the other.

Quadratic

Yeah it's weird I used the code in the vita game and it didn't unlock anything for the PS3. Capcom will have some angry customers (me included) if this isn't sorted out soon.

sajj316

Anyone who bought the digital version, can you confirm if you do get the 12 dlc characters on the PS3 version? Or is that strictly for retail copies that have the slip in the package for the PS3 DLC?

Yes please, would like to know. I'll go digital if the retail version voucher code is borked.

vg260

Is something wonky with the DLC on the PSN store? I just saw the SF/TK complete swap costume pack up w/ two listings- one for the sale price and one for Free. I DL'd the free one. Dunno if it's a goof, but might want to jump on it if so.

edit: Yup. Complete 38 swap costume pack for free. go, go go!

fighting games should NEVER have unlockable characters for versus mode. Worst decision ever.

You have no idea how frustrating it is when you go to a tourney and they don't have a character "unlocked".

Ken

Is something wonky with the DLC on the PSN store? I just saw the SF/TK complete swap costume pack up w/ two listings- one for the sale price and one for Free. I DL'd the free one. Dunno if it's a goof, but might want to jump on it if so.

I don't see it. Only on PS3's PSN store?

vg260

I don't see it. Only on PS3's PSN store?

I guess so. That's where I saw it. It's under grab packs, and the listing has no price until you select it. Then it shows two of the same options. One $8.49 and one free. Just checked with a different account and it's still up. Went in-game and they're all there. :)

Quadratic

Thanks. Got the swap pack.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
For this week only Gamestop in the US is doing a deal where you can get both the PS3, and Vita version of the game for $50 combined.
I was waffling on getting the Vita version and cancelled my preorder.

I may do this deal instead.

vg260

Yes, there certainly are, seems nobody is getting their chars for PS3 or 38 costumes. Knowing Capcom the pre-order codes ended up being the codes meant for the slips, but I haven't received my pre-order code yet to confirm one way or the other.

Yeha, DLC seems to be screwed up (see above for free goof swap on costumes). Chances are if you end up getting the 12 alt costumes w/ that voucher, and once they fix it, you 'll probably be able to re-download the intended stuff, essentially getting the 12 alts for free or an extra if you pre-ordered. They'll probably fix it before my copy gets here tomorrow. :/

vg260

If I download the free costumes on my, how do I get them on my Vita?

If you do the transaction on the PS3, once you confirm the purchase it actually DLs both a Vita and PS3 version of the unlock key to your PS3. You can just transfer via the Vita cable. I haven't looked at the Vita store today, but typically it just shows up there as purchased.

These costumes are still not free on my side. I got the extra DLC characters but still locked out for costumes. For those who have the outfits now, they're under the grab packs right?

vg260

These costumes are still not free on my side. I got the extra DLC characters but still locked out for costumes. For those who have the outfits now, they're under the grab packs right?

Weird. I dunno. I haven't purchased anything, and I'm getting two SF/TK complete swap pack options.

Top Bottom