• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters |OT| Now with dudes

ryushe

Finally played the first demo today and... I liked it a lot more than I probably should have.

How many save slots does the game have, because if more than one, I'll definitely buy a copy to share between my sister and I. she LOVED the demo too, and she's not even a gamer like that. Even exhausted her 5 playtimes and had to borrow my 3DS to play some more :lol

Finally played the first demo today and... I liked it a lot more than I probably should have.

How many save slots does the game have, because if more than one, I'll definitely buy a copy to share between my sister and I. she LOVED the demo too, and she's not even a gamer like that. Even exhausted her 5 playtimes and had to borrow my 3DS to play some more :lol

Looks like just one slot unfortunately. I'd love to share this game with my sister as well, but she'd never buy a $40 game.

So I think I noticed last night that as long as you remain in the parameters of what the customer asks for you can kinda throw anything together. Ugly shit too like a dress on top of three layers. Hmm... that's kinda boring, but I guess it would be near impossible to come up with a system that can tell what matches and what doesn't between 12,000 different pieces of clothing / accessories.

I sort of wish I didn't figure it out, because I was certainly trying harder to make nicer looking outfits before. Now it's easier to say "Well, lets throw something together to get as close to their budget as possible."

wsippel

Banned
So I think I noticed last night that as long as you remain in the parameters of what the customer asks for you can kinda throw anything together. Ugly shit too like a dress on top of three layers. Hmm... that's kinda boring, but I guess it would be near impossible to come up with a system that can tell what matches and what doesn't between 12,000 different pieces of clothing / accessories.

I sort of wish I didn't figure it out, because I was certainly trying harder to make nicer looking outfits before. Now it's easier to say "Well, lets throw something together to get as close to their budget as possible."
Was the same in the first game, even though the algorithm to decide what works and what doesn't is supposedly a lot more complex in Trendsetters. But exploiting a game like this doesn't really make any sense to begin with.

Was the same in the first game, even though the algorithm to decide what works and what doesn't is supposedly a lot more complex in Trendsetters. But exploiting a game like this doesn't really make any sense to begin with.

Yeah, I guess making the rules super strict would go against the fun in being creative with the clothes.

hachi

Banned

I believe the early customers (when you're still in the lengthy "tutorial" phase of the game) are much easier to please, and I never made a refused suggestion during that period. But once you're set free and fully managing the shop, you'll start to see that customers become a bit more picky and difficult to figure out at times.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I played a good seven hours of Style Savvy after buying it on Saturday, and while I'm starting to wear myself out on it, it's been decently fun. I really wish I could have a male character though, and the repeating dialogue is getting a bit irritating. I kind of wish I waited for a price drop, but I've enjoyed my time with the game.

For anyone this may benefit, Gamefly didn't have this listed until like a week and change ago, but they have it now. Got our copy delivered Monday.

I played a good seven hours of Style Savvy after buying it on Saturday, and while I'm starting to wear myself out on it, it's been decently fun. I really wish I could have a male character though, and the repeating dialogue is getting a bit irritating. I kind of wish I waited for a price drop, but I've enjoyed my time with the game.

Yeah, totally weird that your streetpass card allows you to say male or female (or secret) but the game forces you to be a female. At first I thought that it was because they want you to be able to show off all the clothing you get, but you could just as easily show it off using your assistant. Based on what I've seen of the game all that would have to be changed is the pronouns used to refer to your character and maybe the decor of your apartment.

Also the game asks you to name your character before you realize it's a female. Oh well. My girlish persona I suppose.

EulaCapra

I pretty much buy the cheapest store items in each brand in bulk and toss them randomly on a customer according to taste 80% of the time to farm money; more so with the Luxury brand since customers are willing to shell out $1,000-$6,000 on their visit so you can ignore those other cheapskates.

Is there an easy way to keep seeing regular customers? I'm tired of these first time customers. I want to see the stamp cards being completed.

I pretty much buy the cheapest store items in each brand in bulk and toss them randomly on a customer according to taste 80% of the time to farm money; more so with the Luxury brand since customers are willing to shell out $1,000-$6,000 on their visit so you can ignore those other cheapskates.

Is there an easy way to keep seeing regular customers? I'm tired of these first time customers. I want to see the stamp cards being completed.

I know you didn't ask or anything, but I've fixed up your avatar. Use if you want!

jbbjRZpd3Vb4iE.jpg

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yeah, totally weird that your streetpass card allows you to say male or female (or secret) but the game forces you to be a female. At first I thought that it was because they want you to be able to show off all the clothing you get, but you could just as easily show it off using your assistant. Based on what I've seen of the game all that would have to be changed is the pronouns used to refer to your character and maybe the decor of your apartment.

Also the game asks you to name your character before you realize it's a female. Oh well. My girlish persona I suppose.
It really is strange, and I actually thought that the delivery boy was supposed to be your eventual boyfriend just because the game is so intent on the player being female.

I did the same thing. The name can always be changed, but it felt weird being referred to by a woman's name. I don't know. The game's weird.

nmanma

Went on a GAF shopping spree, got plenty of good stuff, Eula Capra's male outfit was too bold for me though

Here's my shop code by the way:

Region: North America
Shop Name: Gachi•Luna
Manager: Nam
Shop Code: E78B31G89

I like your style.
dSkoi.gif

*doushio.jpg*

I really liked that outfit. Bought a ton of gloves thinking they would go well with everything. Well, they don't and they don't make that much money, so I put them on the mannequin and on all the outfits I can without feeling guilty to get rid of them. Once Zhade is within my reach I'll try again with the gloves, that brand is really expensive (prices from the provider: a Cantata top = usually $30-$50; a Zhade top = $140 minimum)

Random pics:

xyKqT.jpg

OYbTq.jpg

Drago

The new Prof Layton is $20 bucks as well. (i bought 2)

Wow

I may just jump on this. Never played a Layton before but can't say no to just $20, is it easy for a newcomer to the series to play and understand? (Sorry to thread hijack, not too interested in this game :p)

kunonabi

Wanted to pick this up with Layton but Layton already sold out. Still 20$ for Style Savvy is a steal. I should be getting it friday.

EulaCapra

Bwah? I beat the game. 0_0 Closing Credits after winning one Elite Contest.

Spoiler Bonus:
On the main menu, there will be a "Bonus" option where you get to basically remodel your whole entire avatar and re-choose their body type, eyebrows, skin tone, etc. and continue on with your saved progress. And you also get a new women's brand Teatro Amare that's more costume-y plus Sundays have specials going on Sundays.

mollipen

Arg... why do I have to be in Tokyo when that $20 Sears deal is going on? I have the game as a digital copy, but I'd like of like an actual physical copy to go along with it. Oh well.

hachi

Banned
On the matter of price (whether or not you get the bizarre Sears deal), I'd say it's a game that makes a very strong case for continuing to support $40 price tags. The depth, variety, quality of animations, and overall care of production values is so far beyond anything you'll find at lower prices.

It's wonderful to see a somewhat niche genre like this one get the full investment and development it deserves, standing tall above all the cheap cash-in titles on the shelf with similar themes. It would make me sad indeed if iOS-like games in these non-gamer-y genres were the only sustainable ones going forward.

On the matter of price (whether or not you get the bizarre Sears deal), I'd say it's a game that makes a very strong case for continuing to support $40 price tags. The depth, variety, quality of animations, and overall care of production values is so far beyond anything you'll find at lower prices.

It's wonderful to see a somewhat niche genre like this one get the full investment and development it deserves, standing tall above all the cheap cash-in titles on the shelf with similar themes. It would make me sad indeed if iOS-like games in these non-gamer-y genres were the only sustainable ones going forward.

Totally agree with you! I hope it sells well and lots of little kids get this game for the holidays.

nmanma

Does anyone know the details of this crossover?

Apparently is Animal Crossing dlc that will be released on november 8. It was announced on the october 25 Nintendo Direct, hopefully it's free dlc but I haven't seen any confirmation on that

I haven't played an AC game yet but googling around found out that GracieGrace is the name of a character that sells clothes in those games

The outfit on that last pics looks really nice, but if it's paid dlc I don't know...

mollipen

Slowly but surely getting into the game!

I also wonder if I'm weird in how I always have to make sure I dress in a totally different outfit every morning before heading off to virtual work, or if that's just the natural habit of your typical Style Savvy player. *heh*

HNI_0009.JPG

HNI_0008.JPG

Robin64

Nintendo of Europe have uploaded the wrong demo. Rather than being the first one, they've put the Shopping Experience one up. (It's not labelled as such until you launch it)

It does, however, allow us to browse the GAF shops and purchase things from them! So hooray. Though we only get $1000.

wsippel

Banned
Just checked the demo, it's very well done. As expected. Will buy. Only criticism that comes to mind: high heels aren't high enough. And I'd love some haut couture, not just prêt-à-porter - a bit more weird and eccentric stuff would be very welcome.

Top Bottom