• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters |OT| Now with dudes

mollipen

Okay, I'm a little confused here.

When I go to the Buyer's Center currently - I'm still working for Mira Luna, BTW - I can buy more stock for any item I still have in stock, but can't buy anything else. Even items that we had in stock but are now out of stock, I can't get more of them. On the bottom of the screen, it says something like "Available styles to buy: 0".

From what I remember of the first Style Savvy, it was a question of available room in your shop, but I could always re-stock items I had already carried. What am I missing?

Also, when going to the buyer's center, I wish there was a more convenient way to see what you current have in your shop/had but are out of stock on. Like a stock list across all brands or something. Going shop-by-shop, and then item-by-item, is a little annoying.

nmanma

^This is my first Style Savvy but it sounds like they changed how the storage system works, I remember not being able to buy anything and then after getting storage upgrades the number of stuff that I could buy was over one hundred

Interestingly enough, in this game's Iwata Asks the developers of this game said that for the next title they would like to get more input for the sales part of the game, hopefully that increased focus on sales results in a more robust search system

Slowly but surely getting into the game!

I also wonder if I'm weird in how I always have to make sure I dress in a totally different outfit every morning before heading off to virtual work, or if that's just the natural habit of your typical Style Savvy player. *heh*

I hadn't thought of doing that, and now I can't play in any other way

hachi

Banned
Okay, I'm a little confused here.

When I go to the Buyer's Center currently - I'm still working for Mira Luna, BTW - I can buy more stock for any item I still have in stock, but can't buy anything else. Even items that we had in stock but are now out of stock, I can't get more of them. On the bottom of the screen, it says something like "Available styles to buy: 0".

I was a little confused by the inventory limits during the same part of the game, but just wait until you fill a couple more full moons (happiness meter) and you should see an increase in your maximum stock, after which you'll be able to purchase new items again.

From my GF:

Holy smokes! Thanks to everyone who bought in my shop :D I would visit everyone back but in the log it only shows 1 person that visited the shop, which was Hachi lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This game suffers from a minor case Brutal Legenditis in which both of the demos aren't exactly representative of the game.

kunonabi

Going to take me slightly longer to get since they shipped the wrong game. I wonder if they accidentally shipped the first one. At least I have VLR and Theatrhythm to tide me over.

Tyeforce

Just thought I'd post here and say that I got this game a few days ago, and I'm absolutely LOVING it. And I'm a guy! I don't even like fashion or girly things! I got the game because Nintendo made it and I've only heard good things about Style Savvy for DS, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It has StreetPass, so why not? XD But yeah, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I am. Amazing game. FULL of content and features! This is definitely a quality game as you would expect from Nintendo, well polished and all. I love it!

New pictures of me <3

fscZY.jpg

9C6Is.jpg

F7bob.jpg

mollipen

LOVE your style!

And I really need to get back to the game. I finally got to the point of opening my own store, and then I got home and my new Vita was waiting for me. *laughs*

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Got this game recently, I LOVE IT. The game is so addicting!!

The moment I got the store is such an awesome feeling :D

HNI_0021_zpsca9598fc.jpg

My character at the Cafe.

B-Dex

Debating buying this... it seems like something fun to do and I do occasionally like to dabble in some dating sims (I know this isn't one but it has similar themes kind of just no dating involved :p). I guess I should try the demos.

Yeah! I wish you could take portrait pictures in this game. A photo mode like the one in Gran Tourismo or Forza would be awesome!

Sera O

Banned
I almost passed this up as imagine babiez-esque shovelware, but I read the iwata asks and it convinced me to try it. It's fantastic. I can't believe the number of items that are available to mix and match. Even though the game tasks don't vary all that much, it feels novel to me because there is so much room for creativity and I'm always getting new clothes.

This is the first game I picked up for 3DS and it just sucks time away. Actually, my console came out of the box with this annoying 1 pixel line running horizontally - I'm supposed to send it for repair (since I had bought stuff off eshop before noticing), but I don't want to - I need to be stylin' dammit!

Shop Name: Circus Maxim
Manager: Lena
Shop Code: Q45K43G09 (N. American version)

I'll be checking out everyone's shops too!

EDIT: Pics

kidko

Hey! Totally loving this game. My friend who runs a site about old school girl games stuff turned me on to this as she ranted about how none of the major review sites even mentioned it.

I'm only a few "full moons" in, so my eShop is pretty weak right now, but here's the info:

Shop Name: Never Nude
Manager: Bobby
Shop Code: V51P11L52

One question: is there a way to re-do your face after initial character creation? I kinda did mine fast and now wish I'd spent more time on my girl.

Sera O

Banned
One question: is there a way to re-do your face after initial character creation? I kinda did mine fast and now wish I'd spent more time on my girl.

I was looking for a way to do that too, but haven't found it yet. Unless a super-trendy plastic surgeon moves to town at some point. . .

kidko

This game is kind of on my radar. Looks pretty damn unique.

Manager should have been named Tobias.

Yep! And yeah, I think this game is great even though I went in not caring at all about fashion. Like they say in the Iwata Asks, it really does change your perspective in real life. When I walk around downtown now I notice fashion all the time... and there's a lot of bad fashion in Austin!

EulaCapra

No, you'll only be able to change it again after you've "beaten" the game at I think the third fashion contest.

kidko

No, you'll only be able to change it again after you've "beaten" the game at I think the third fashion contest.

Oh, well that's cool! Something to look forward to. Although with certain make-up I've been able to make her a little cuter...

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
More power to everybody enjoying this, but I put thirty hours into Trendsetters and sold it because it became so incredibly repetitive and I never had a real feeling of progression (time to enter the novice contest for the seventh time and read all the same text!). It's a fun, novel game, but it's not the kind of game that can be blazed through, because it's really easy to just get burnt out on it altogether.

Boney

Banned
Dammit!

Went to get this today at like the only store that was selling it and it was sold out >.>

Why universe whyyyy

hachi

Banned
Shop codes list updated. I'm elated to see more people enjoying this excellent game.

I've been preoccupied, so still have a ton of gameplay left ahead of me in this one.

BowieZ

Banned
More power to everybody enjoying this, but I put thirty hours into Trendsetters and sold it because it became so incredibly repetitive and I never had a real feeling of progression (time to enter the novice contest for the seventh time and read all the same text!). It's a fun, novel game, but it's not the kind of game that can be blazed through, because it's really easy to just get burnt out on it altogether.
Yeah I think one or two little extra things would have made the game that much better/more replayable.

The same text/repetitive nature of the contests kinda killed any motivation to beat the Internationals. I got my first losses in the first round of Internationals but I just can't be bothered sitting through all the same stuff over and over again, unless of course someone tells me there's an amazing prize for winning the nine Internationals. And indeed, there ought to be a very special bonus for completing everything, like millions of dollars to open up a brand new store and buy lots of amazing inventory, etc.

Other than that, the game still is exceptional, and I very much hope to see a new iteration on Wii U with lots of Miiverse connectivity.

PS I thought my store name was very clever:
Stylus

Boney

Banned
Here's me out with Michaela!

ibmPqBHC6gfzqS.JPG

Just havin' a bit of tea

ibzuHDiWVMfnzT.JPG

And checking my shelf because there's nothing much to do in the flat teehee

iGsQKE36LF2aS.JPG

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I... I think this game is addictive. I was thinking of playing a bit before I went to sleep, and then I started playing for a while. It isn't even that difficult. You don't have to perfectly coordinate stuff just as long as you get the right brand, and Search ruins any sort of difficulty thrown at you. Text can be repetitive. It does seem like it should be played on the go or in little short spurts, but outside of that, it seems pretty solid.

What i'm really getting a kick out of, however, is the fashion encyclopedia or whatever. I'm learning stuff I've never given a single thought to. I barely know shit about fashion, mind you.

I haven't played the first one. I'm... just surprised that I'm actually kind of enjoying this.

Boney

Banned
what sucks is that you can only take pictures on certain instances, whenever the camara is actually interesting it's impossible to take pictures sigh

Also, anyone know where I can find more of these?

style02.jpg

Top Bottom