• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Everyone in in that photo looks awful except Harley. Why are these movies so afraid of color?

After tons of GAF hated Ledger's Joker, you don't really take it seriously.

The false parallel of the Ledger Joker hate to the Leto Joker hate is the most hilarious tool in the DCCU defender utility belt. Utterly different phenomena.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Harley looks like she's getting ready to go to a little league game ffs. Also, no corset so, yea.

I think you've been going to the wrong games.

Everyone in in that photo looks awful except Harley. Why are these movies so afraid of color?

The false parallel of the Ledger Joker hate to the Leto Joker hate is the most hilarious tool in the DCCU defender utility belt. Utterly different phenomena.

The unwavering hate for DC is the most hilarious thing in the GAF utility belt. No one bothers to actually wait to see these characters in action, instead jumping on a hate bandwagon for no real reason.

Marvel and DC incorporate different styles because, shock and horror, that's how things should be. If DC just copied Marvel's MCU then people would have even more unwavering hate. Though I don't think anything would stop the hate between both worlds.

Platy

The unwavering hate for DC is the most hilarious thing in the GAF utility belt. No one bothers to actually wait to see these characters in action, instead jumping on a hate bandwagon for no real reason.

The movie might be good or bad .... we are talking about the designs because it is what they gave us.

And those designs are as subtle as Gotham scripts =P

Penguin

I think the better example in this case was how down GAF was (and yes realize not a singular entity) was for QuickSilver's appearance in Days of Future Past... and it seems to be one of people's favorite part of the movie.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Most of them look great. I think people should understand this is a movie, they can't adopt a faithful 1 to 1 recreation from the comic and game. These are street level characters.

That said, I don't like the white mask for Deadshot. I prefer the one from the Arkham game. And I still think the new Joker look is a joke (no pun intended).

HowZatOZ

Banned
The movie might be good or bad .... we are talking about the designs because it is what they gave us.

And those designs are as subtle as Gotham scripts =P

That is true, but I still believe photoshoots don't do the costumes justice as seen with countless other arguments against both Marvel and DC heroes.

Saya

Looks alright. I have faith in David Ayer to make something exciting.

Pretty sure far left guy or far right guy will die first.

Platy

I think the better example in this case was how down GAF was (and yes realize not a singular entity) was for QuickSilver's appearance in Days of Future Past... and it seems to be one of people's favorite part of the movie.

Designs for this is a mix of character and setting.

The setting is clearly a more gang level people .... except for deadshot because he is an elite assault sniper.

Everyone else fits the gang level people ..... EXCEPT enchantress that looks like a shaman from a fantastical movie. She sucks on setting.

I still can't see a "joker fanatic" on harley's design so I think her character is lacking.
But I appear to be the minority on this so ... whatever =P

This picture DOES help ease my fears that Joker would be a team player on the Suicide Squad.

CGwizz

I am sorry but this looks fucking horrible and i was thinking the daredevil costume looked bad...

This looks worse than si-fi channel series costumes, almost cosplay level.
The boomerang looks like a russian hobo and is that supose to be Harley Quinn ? wtf i can search on google and find 100 cosplays much better than that. She looks like a street hooker with the face painted white.

The budget to the costumes was what? Hey pick these 200 bucks go to a cheap cloth shop and buy cloths for them then pick these 100 bucks and go to a paintball shop and get protections and lets call it "body armor" >.>

I exppected so much from this movie, a movie with harley quinn, joker, batman cameo, lex luther might appear, a group of superhero/villains? So much potential, every tweet, every photo they release makes me cry ...

How can DC allow them to do this garbage , when they have the best superhero costumes, aquaman, superman, wonder woman , ALL LOOCKED AMAZING with batman costume the greatest costume i ever saw.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So I picked up Volumes 1-5 of The New 52 Suicide Squad for Free Comic Book Day (and also to get some back story for the movie :p) and to be honest, my interest in this especially after seeing the cast picture has shot up especially for Deadshot, Harley, and DIablo as they are my 3 favorite characters in the story so far. Pretty impressed.

Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a huge fan of harley, but I think she looks... Like some random bimbo photobombing this picture, and not like harley at all. Like, I see girls look like that downtown all the time and I've never thought, "wow, great harley costume!". Very disappointed.

Smith looks great in that mask, though!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
you can't really expect street level villains to look like the members of the justice league. these guys aren't kings, billionares, princesses, or aliens. They are a ragtag group of criminals that were forced to work for the government.

I honestly don't understand what people were expecting.

What little league games are you going to and can I get an invite?

Costume was utter shit. Quicksilver was great due to great writing and not being over used. With how he was it was great for the 15 min. or so, if they forced him into scenes throughout the rest of the movie I guarantee he wouldn't have been as well received.

Deadshot with mask is really the only good costume in that picture. Harley really does scream "here's this chest with some 80's clothes in it, here ya go!" Willing to bet those shoes are the most expensive part of the costume by far.

Also

What little league games are you going to and can I get an invite?
Just for fun, LeAnn Rimes went to a little league game like this lol.

poo0evrzdw.jpg

This movie still doesn't make sense to me. What are WB thinking making a movie about Batman rogues before Batman even gets introduced to the cinematic universe? Why are they making a movie about Batman characters without Batman being the focus? I get the feeling this movie is gonna bomb hard because the general movie going populace wont recognize any of these characters.

I know Batman will be in it, and that will probably be the focus of their marketing, but then that just begs the question why not just make a Batman centered film and throw these villains in it instead of making them the focus?

I feel like they are trying to jump straight to "phase 2" material before they've established anything and expect people to understand and care.

This movie still doesn't make sense to me. What are WB thinking making a movie about Batman rogues before Batman even gets introduced to the cinematic universe? Why are they making a movie about Batman characters without Batman being the focus? I get the feeling this movie is gonna bomb hard because the general movie going populace wont recognize any of these characters.

I know Batman will be in it, and that will probably be the focus of their marketing, but then that just begs the question why not just make a Batman centered film and throw these villains in it instead of making them the focus?

I feel like they are trying to jump straight to "phase 2" material before they've established anything and expect people to understand and care.
BvS comes out first. Batman will be established

And it's not just Batman villains.

Batman vs Superman is coming out before this...

obin_gam

I am sorry but this looks fucking horrible and i was thinking the daredevil costume looked bad...

This looks worse than si-fi channel series costumes, almost cosplay level.
The boomerang looks like a russian hobo and is that supose to be Harley Quinn ? wtf i can search on google and find 100 cosplays much better than that. She looks like a street hooker with the face painted white.

The budget to the costumes was what? Hey pick these 200 bucks go to a cheap cloth shop and buy cloths for them then pick these 100 bucks and go to a paintball shop and get protections and lets call it "body armor" >.>

I exppected so much from this movie, a movie with harley quinn, joker, batman cameo, lex luther might appear, a group of superhero/villains? So much potential, every tweet, every photo they release makes me cry ...

How can DC allow them to do this garbage , when they have the best superhero costumes, aquaman, superman, wonder woman , ALL LOOCKED AMAZING with batman costume the greatest costume i ever saw.
Please do find a couple of harley cosplayers with better filmable costumes. Im genuinely curious :)

munchie64

Oh come on! Any person with a basic knowledge of comic book movies knows this is complete bullshit. All that's needed is the stuff that helps any other film like this - good marketing, focusing on the stuff people find attractive in a blockbuster and of course having a good film helps too.
Name one comic book movie that has bombed because people didn't recognise the characters, cause I can name a ton that were hits in spite of it.

I don't want to wait until 2025 for a movie with Deadshot in it. It's cool as hell that DC making a movie centered on villains instead of just doing what we'd expect them to do with their movie universe. And screw making it a Batman film, we have plenty of them and I'm sure DC will be making 50 bajillion more in the next decade. And stay out of DC's pockets trying to worry about whether the movie bombs or not. Who cares, all that matters is if it's a good movie.

I'd rather this than copying Marvel's game plan.

Sounds awesome.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I don't want to wait until 2025 for a movie with Deadshot in it. It's cool as hell that DC making a movie centered on villains instead of just doing what we'd expect them to do with their movie universe. And screw making it a Batman film, we have plenty of them and I'm sure DC will be making 50 bajillion more in the next decade. And stay out of DC's pockets trying to worry about whether the movie bombs or not. Who cares, all that matters is if it's a good movie.

Will Smith will be in his mid-50's by then lol

BadAss2961

They're not all Batman rogues. Batman will be in the movie, as well as BvS before it.

Other than the formation of the Suicide Squad, this is not an origin story. Batman is already a veteran in this universe, which means his villains will probably already have history with him.

This is a great way to establish a lot of the lesser known villains as well as introduce a character like Joker, and Harley's relationship with him. We're also to likely to see Batman from the other perspective.

I wonder if Harley and El diablo will get something more tactical and "professional." As it stands they both look way too casual to go out on a dangerous mission and clash with their more military esque brethren.

Bishop89

Only katana, Harley and deadshot (with mask on) look good to me.
Rest look generic looking or low budget syfy bad (croc)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

What does QS's outfit has to do with his part in the movie? I love his part, but I still think his visual appearance sucks...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Katana wow. also that perfect live-action version of her new-52 suit(unlike in Arrow).

Love HQ as well.

Katana looks like she has been through some shit.
Huge rip on her pants and mask has a huge slash.

Maybe she was sword fighting with Cass Cain.

ok now I want Cass in the DCCU.

Top Bottom