• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden 1 & 2 HD launching 3/6/2025

graywolf323

About Time Phone GIF by John Crist Comedy

Putting money on all the panty shots being gone.
That would be expected. I still don't understand why old games must follow under the scrutiny of today's politics. They are a product of their time period and if you are willing to bring it back for appreciation of a new crowd of gamers, then you should keep everything that made it great for its time, the good and the bad. Not talking about quality of life updates or other stuff, more like content being reworked of removed while seeking the "modern audience" myth.

Ailike

In the time when this was supposed to come out and time it will come out they could've redone the entire thing. I wonder if someone spilled coffee on the backup or its being done by one guy in his spare time. Sheesh.

ssringo

Gold Member
car sliding GIF

I barely remember these games but I damn sure remember loving them and I still have my original discs in storage.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Also coming to Switch at the same time.

But yeah, geez. This was announced two years ago and it's still half a year away. But I'm interested; never played any of these and love JRPGs.

Yeah my bad I just saw the PS tweet but it’s coming everywhere

graywolf323

Who owns Lunar these days? I thought GameArts was defunct..
SoMoGa handled the port to mobile

another game they ported, Vay, they recently brought to Steam, so hopefully Lunar gets the same treatment eventually?

Lunar 2 however hasn’t had a single release since the PS1

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
SoMoGa handled the port to mobile

another game they ported, Vay, they recently brought to Steam, so hopefully Lunar gets the same treatment eventually?

Lunar 2 however hasn’t had a single release since the PS1
I had no idea this was a thing. The original is such a mixed bag with it's bullshit difficulty spikes, but this version has a ton of QoL improvements (including speed up for battles, and apparently exp multipliers, healing on level up). Steam achievements, better translation... yeah I'm buying this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Krathoon

I was totally fine with the Chrono Cross remaster. They only upgraded it a little bit and it was by the original artist.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Fucking Konami. It's like those 2 Truman Capote movies that came out back to back a couple years ago. Nothing for years but as soon as eiyuden comes out they spring into action.

Plus....no one played suikoden back when they came out. I was the only person I knew that had the 1st 2 on ps one. There's alot of Johnny come latelys, which is fine, but everyone pretends they were on the suikoden train when there's no way you were.

nial

I don't understand how this is just releasing 2.5 years after its reveal, but I won't be complaining if we get a better product in the end.

Labadal

I want it, but I also want to wait for performance impressions. Localization edits is also a cause for concern, but as long as it runs well, I can forgive changed localization. (Some parts need to be edited.)

Lunarorbit

Fucking Konami. It's like those 2 Truman Capote movies that came out back to back a couple years ago. Nothing for years but as soon as eiyuden comes out they spring into action.

Plus....no one played suikoden back when they came out. I was the only person I knew that had the 1st 2 on ps one. There's alot of Johnny come latelys, which is fine, but everyone pretends they were on the suikoden train when there's no way you were.
Am I crazy? Was suikoden popular when it came out? I was too scared to keep playing resident evil, after I had begged my mom to get it. Went back to Gamestop maybe and traded it for suikoden cause the box art was unique

This was supposed to be out last year. What were they doing?

Also if Konami can get this and castlevania ds games on to switch, why does Capcom neglect mega man legends and breath of fire series? Those games aren't licensed, they own them. Why do they hate my money so?

kunonabi

Konami still has eight months left to brush up the visuals.

Even the FF Pixel remasters looked rough from early screens, but in the end it turned out great.
Not really with the godawful stuttering. I think these suikoden remakes are looking better than the last time they showed them at least.

Top Bottom