• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden director creating new game at Taito

Bebpo

Banned
Speaking of Mitsuda he's also doing the music for Rakugaki Kingdom 2 (US version was called Magic Pencil or something IIRC).

So Mitsuda this year has followed the path of:

a few tracks for Shadow Hearts 2 -> short music for crappy 3 min ep anime series -> cellphone game by the Chrono Trigger/Cross/BK writer -> creature building action rpg -> western gunslinging slow motion action.

So despite not scoring any major rpgs, at least it seems like he's keeping himself busy ^^;

Scott

Bebpo said:
Speaking of Mitsuda he's also doing the music for Rakugaki Kingdom 2 (US version was called Magic Pencil or something IIRC).
"Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color." Just for future reference (if you really care :p).

Not to derail the thread, but I noticed you called the sequel an "Action/RPG" in your list. Are they ditching the turn-based, rock/paper/scissors combat engine?

Bebpo

Banned
Scott said:
"Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color." Just for future reference (if you really care :p).

Sorry, I only played the demo of the original, never really looked further into it ^^;

Not to derail the thread, but I noticed you called the sequel an "Action/RPG" in your list. Are they ditching the turn-based, rock/paper/scissors combat engine?

The pics in last weeks Famitsu made it look like an action rpg. There was no turn based pictures and it seems like you take your creature into a giant tower dungeon and climb it while fight realtime like Dark Chronicles/Cloud. The pics in famitsu had a PS2 controller rendered into 3d in the game and it was kicking and punch enemies.

Looks fun and with Mitsuda doing the soundtrack I'll definitely be checking it out.

Scott

Bebpo said:
Sorry, I only played the demo of the original, never really looked further into it ^^;
Oh, not a problem, I know how hard it is to keep track of regional title changes (especially for little-known titles). Probably even harder with this one, as it was originally going to be called "Color Quest," and switched a month or so before release.

Anyway, I just figured you'd like to know, in the off chance it ever comes up again.
Bebpo said:
The pics in last weeks Famitsu made it look like an action rpg. There was no turn based pictures and it seems like you take your creature into a giant tower dungeon and climb it while fight realtime like Dark Chronicles/Cloud. The pics in famitsu had a PS2 controller rendered into 3d in the game and it was kicking and punch enemies.
Great! One of the biggest flaws of the original to me was the battle system, so a different approach is more than welcome. Here's hoping it turns out good, and if so, that Agetec (or whoever) picks it up as well.

Thanks for the information. :)

Top Bottom