• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Soma

NaTsuyuki Rendevous

Y'know that was really enjoyable.

The setting and the adult characters feel like an interesting change of pace from most shows this season. I dig the characters so far too.
Ghost
dude is a bit of a dick and adult Oreki seems like a pretty decent and somewhat self-aware MC so far. I think i'll be following this one since I'm pretty interested in what's going to happen now.

Guys, guys! All of the sidekicks sucked at battling. Showcasing more Pokemon is only part of what the sidekicks were there for :p

I actually expect Iris to have a much bigger role once the anime gets really going into the B/W 2 stuff. That and Cilan has had a really good win record.

I guess the sidekicks from Kanto just sucked.

7Th

Naru and Truth are the worst anime characters of the year and every single scene involving them is the cancer preventing Ao from becoming a genuinely good show. Even Shitjiko was a little bit more likeable.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Naru and Truth are the worst anime characters of the year and every single scene involving them is the cancer preventing Ao from becoming a genuinely good show. Even Shitjiko was a little bit more likeable.

Not sure about Truth but I absolutely hate Naru.

Maybe Naru...but Truth? The anime got leagues better when he arrived. Its like he brought it the continuing underlying necessary plot to keep us interested, and his powers and motives for Ao, are actually compelling.

Medaka, Chitanda, Flay, Emily/Romary, Reika-chan, and Panty and Stocking, are the worst characters this year.

BosSin

Oh cool, so the war arc started?

Yep, and I'm sad to say that my interest for the show has finished. Something that should have been epic for the series is turning out to be utter shite. I'll take a long break from naruto like I did with bleach many years ago. I probably wont totally drop it like I did with Fairy Tail.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe Naru...but Truth? The anime got leagues better when he arrived. Its like he brought it the continuing underlying necessary plot to keep us interested, and his powers and motives for Ao, are actually compelling.

Medaka, Chitanda, and panty and stocking, are the worst characters this year.
You like Truth more than Chitanda? That's some kind of madness.

Jarmel

Banned
One line by Naru in ep.12 pissed me off.

You haven't killed Ao yet.

He's damn well tried without being absolutely direct.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I've never been happier not to have grown up in the UK. Bless you for being so tasteful in comparison, Kids WB. *salute*

Weird Al needs to update that with all 649 Pokemon.

I'd buy that song at a high price.

I'm pretty ambivalent on Naru, but the Truth/Naru plotline has had an incredibly negative effect on E7AO's overall quality. Elena is technically worse than either, but her impact on the actual events of the show has been very negligible.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's funny rewatching these old clips because they gave Misty the catchphrase "I'll never have kids now" which oh so very close to the classic anime line "I'll never get married now".

They were more true to the source they were mocking than they realised.

I've never been happier not to have grown up in the UK. Bless you for being so tasteful in comparison, Kids WB. *salute*.
Sounds like someones been stung by the jealousy bug.

Defuser

Accel World 13

Rofl at Chiyu's avatar. It's hilarious that her special ability would be that considering she has a temper tantrum and wants to break everything. I feel that Taku has some sort of inferiority complex that's going to get worse after this incident. Overall good episode. As per usual, Kuroyukihime = <3
Some sort? The show already shown he feels inferior back in a few episodes.

One line by Naru in ep.12 pissed me off.

You haven't killed Ao yet.

He's damn well tried without being absolutely direct.

Perhaps she should inhaling that scub coral. It's making her stoned.

I'm pretty ambivalent on Naru, but the Truth/Naru plotline has had an incredibly negative effect on E7AO's overall quality. Elena is technically worse than either, but her impact on the actual events of the show has been very negligible.

Elena provides those great "anime" moments though, which I guess kind of makes her a bit relatable to some viewers.

It's funny rewatching these old clips because they gave Misty the catchphrase "I'll never have kids now" which oh so very close to the classic anime line "I'll never get married now".

They were more true to the source they were mocking than they realised.

I wonder if Misty, or any of the other girl in Ash's harem, have ever said that. I'd be surprised if they haven't

Uchip

Banned
Now that looks good. And Natsu's flames don't look like shit either. I am hype.

this is how it should have looked from the beginning

Elena provides those great "anime" moments though, which I guess kind of makes her a bit relatable to some viewers.

you mean those moments that constantly remind you that you're watching anime and not someones work of art? yeah those
fuck elena

jman2050

Misty sucks, like every Pokemon character not named Brock or Nurse Joy.

e: i guess gary is cool too

pWv5X.jpg

That about sums it up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
See my edit, I'm not sure what you don't like about The End of Evangelion.
I suppose the violence is tied up to the fact that it really was just an excuse to show things that really didn't matter. It went from being the final evolution of Shinji's character and his decision regarding Instrumentality to painfully spelling out what happened during the events of the last two episodes.

Although, maybe it was needed, because apparently people still believe that the in the TV series,
Shinji accepts Instrumentality.
Which is just insane to me, but anime (fans).

I suppose the violence is tied up to the fact that it really was just an excuse to show things that really didn't matter. It went from being the final evolution of Shinji's character and his decision regarding Instrumentality to painfully spelling out what happened during the events of the last two episodes.

Although, maybe it was needed, because apparently people still believe that the in the TV series,
Shinji accepts Instrumentality.
Which is just insane to me, but anime (fans).
I guess it could be said that both versions of the ending represent different extremes, they both have their flaws. I think showing what happened in the real world was important, but they did overdo it I suppose. If we had only one of the endings, I wouldn't have been happy, since they compliment each other.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess it could be said that both versions of the ending represent different extremes, they both have their flaws. I think showing what happened in the real world was important, but they did overdo it I suppose.
I just felt like it took the subtlety out of the TV ending and by producing a movie that was half an action film and half a generic mind-fuck scifi film.

But at least they filmed that live action segment for the film... even if they didn't use it. lol

JennyxJoy

MistyxMay

DawnxCynthia

JessexMisty

Prof.JuniperxBianca

You're just yuri-goggling every single woman in the world, aren't you? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom