• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 1

Interesting premise, decent combat/molesting animation, Kinda out of place boobs.

Wish the character art didn't look like generic hentai though.

fertygo

[
i hope y'all' are ready for sunrise milking this shit into the ground

Which is pretty funny, considering Sunrise never hyping this series before its airing lol.. They barely promoting it in various magazine, and with some miracle its became mega hit n they milking it now lol.

Defuser

I recall talking about that back when it came out. I recall not being too happy.

DEEN had to retcon the best arc to make it match the same quality as the filler arc. Fuck.

The series should have never left Studio Gallop hands. Passing it to DEEN is the biggest mistake ever.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuri Yuri 1:
I did not know this was a seconds series, how silly of me. Not that it really matters, or appears to anyway. I didn't really find any one aspect all that funny, well except maybe the fact that Akari is geared as the protagonist, only to turn into anything but after the dream sequence. In hindsight, I take that as being some sort of reference?

You probably would've enjoyed the first episode more if you were familiar with the characters. It would probably be in your best interest to watch season 1 first before continuing with this one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Moyashimon Returns - 01
G9tyn.jpg

Good episode, though I will say that this is clearly not intended to draw new viewers as it pretty much picks up right where the last series left off. They try to do a recap, but it comes off a bit flat. Seems liek it will continue to be a fun slice-of-life show.

Also, as expected the OP isn't as good as the first, but the ED is catchy.

Ultimadrago

Sensei-sensei is el Cantare's reincarnation. AKB48 (the real one, not the fictional one) is a Happy Science propaganda group. We will eventually get to the TRUTH episode where they'll find all the ex centre stagers are now angels in Heaven with Thomas Edison.

Bring on the AKB0048 film funded by Happy Science.

ZetaEpyon

I just remembered the one anime newmake that nobody talked about in yesterday's discussion: the boring, uninteresting Ruroni Kenshin retelling OVA that came out early in the year.

I mentioned them in an edit!

Don't forget Hellsing Ultimate.

I'm guessing there are more that fit the criteria too...

Edit: Kenshin movies, too (lol).

Not that I blame anyone for just moving on past them. :)

Saki 4

mmmm maid outfits. Those skirts aren't shorter than your school outfit skirts.

Blasted anime logic.

Training arc already eh? Potential for yuri antics. weeeee.

Joule

A very fun winter A part. Good old snow based fun. And snowball battles! Mayoi and Sasaki always setting up the fun situations. Mayoi's snow cannon had a nanoha-esqe device voice yeah!

B part was a cooking class in school. Cute cooking antics and it just shows that Io is such a classy dude while Mayoi makes monstrous creatures from eggs. While Tsumiki gets the majority of the cute moments (especially in this episode), I'm definitely on the Hime side of things. That support character cuteness.

Anime Io is so slick compared to his manga iteration (at least in the initial volume). I'm really liking how well made this show is for what it is.

Also my vision of Solune

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Binbougami ga 1

A decent opening episode, a fair amount of the jokes didn't really strike me as funny, though. I generally had the feeling "Oh, I guess I'm supposed to laugh here, but since I already saw it coming a mile away it fell flat". Of course, some of that might be due to the fact I had already read a bit of the manga, but that shouldn't really matter too much if the jokes were funny...

Anyway,

Ichiko > Momiji
ED rocks
I'm expecting this to get a lot better in a few episodes

And so even though this doesn't threaten Jinrui's current standing as best show of the season, I'll definitely keep on watching.

Binbougami-ga! - Episode 1

ibjj4EpXuhyRbN.jpg

Not really feeling a strong hook in this show. The scenario is rather unique, but aside from the randomness and unpredictability of the antics between the two leads so far, there really isn't much going for it. The production values are good, the art isn't unattractive, and some of the more physical visual gags are actually funny, but at the same time by the end of the episode I don't really feel anything.

This seems more like the sort of thing you watch or read when you're bored and have nothing else to do, rather than something that you actively look forward to each week. Maybe it'll improve after this, but based on the first episode the premise doesn't seem like it has a lot of lasting power. We'll see.

Ah well, you tried.

Guess the show ended up pretty divisive after all, even for the people that were hyped.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection vs. Battle Girls: Time Paradox, which is better/worse?

This sounds like a challenge.

Hey, at least they haven't featured any 3 Kingdoms characters in the anime (yet, at least).

I fully expect this to happen at some point. The logical next step after wrong time period is wrong country!

I just remembered the one anime newmake that nobody talked about in yesterday's discussion: the boring, uninteresting Ruroni Kenshin retelling OVA that came out early in the year.

you just had to remind me of this, didn't you?

Summer rankings when half the shows haven't aired yet or been seen? Sure!

Hopeful for being good:
Arcana Famiglia
Binbougami ga!
Natsuyuki Rensezvous
Tari Tari

Will keep watching if it doesn't turn into crap:
Campione!
Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

Doesn't help I'm watching like everything that has aired.

Sword Art Online was surprisingly good. I have 4 animes on my watchlist now, not so bad for the worst season ever and there are still some animes I need to watch.

Makoto

Going to start back on K-On today, Im going to watch it completely this time regardless of getting into it or not.
I did this recently and finished S1 a few days ago. In retrospect, I don't think it was a good idea as I still didn't really get into...
but I'm going to watch S2 regardless.

Instro

Sword Art Online 1

I have to admit that was pretty hot. The whole being stuck in an mmo story is pretty w.e, but regardless I really enjoyed the first ep. The did a pretty good job selling me on the characters in the episode, plus the visuals and music are solid stuff. Thank god the main doesn't appear to be some sad sack no confidence asshole, he seems to have his shit together. They even got the emotional scenes down pretty pat, I bought into the online nakama feelings.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Daang dude - Natsuyuki Rendezvous 1 was awesome. This is probably going to be a good one to watch with the wife. She seemed to like it.

Maybe I've been depressed for too long, but it wasn't that dark or depressing to me.

Aww, you just need someone to cuddle up with, and read you a bedtime ero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom