• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
When Choo gonna come home and be a business man and take Saban/Funi and Crunchy out of buisness for good? He cant keep fucking pretty Harakujku bitches forever. Somebody smack some sense into him and tell him the industry here need to set the fuck ablaze.
... go on.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
When Choo gonna come home and be a business man and take Saban/Funi and Crunchy out of buisness for good? He cant keep fucking pretty Harakujku bitches forever. Somebody smack some sense into him and tell him the industry here need to set the fuck ablaze.

... Dude.

Novid

Banned
... go on.

Danny is already ahead of everybody else in the US dubbing industry. I mean look at it. Viz has this Neon Alley shit that is years late, Funi was quiet, Crunchy still cheatin (IMO) Sentai is not long for this world (and thank god it isnt) Saban owns 4kids after 4Kids wrecked his ass years ago - its like in the us we went backwards. Danny can be trusted in Japan and already got a show off, that makes him a way better business man than anybody else in the states.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Getting a show in Japan makes you a better business man than anyone in America?

Guess all that theory about profits is a waste of time.

Hyouka 12

So how did 30 get mistaken for 200? Is this a japanese written similarity thing?

So what does saturn have to do with Sowing club?

The breakdancing routine reminded me of Tenjo Tenge intro. Such a glorious OP :p

So much to love this eps. Kyoani are indeed masters at 'populating' highschool festivals. Chitanda was super cute (That photo shoot <3). Girl #2 being shy was also super cute.

And that new ending is amazing (and cute). I really do hope some 'bigger' cases appear in 2nd half.

Ryuukan

Danny is already ahead of everybody else in the US dubbing industry. I mean look at it. Viz has this Neon Alley shit that is years late, Funi was quiet, Crunchy still cheatin (IMO) Sentai is not long for this world (and thank god it isnt) Saban owns 4kids after 4Kids wrecked his ass years ago - its like in the us we went backwards. Danny can be trusted in Japan and already got a show off, that makes him a way better business man than anybody else in the states.

Simulcasts
All you can eat anime streaming
Affordable anime boxsets
Expensive simultaneous release box sets with english subtitles

There is something for everyone. The "industry" is fine, but only if you take your head out of your ass.

BluWacky

What evidence do you have that Crunchyroll is still "cheating" (and since when have they ever been involved in dubbing anything)? How do you know that Sentai is "not long for this world"?

What has Danny actually produced so far, incidentally? Do you mean his Culture Japan series? I'm not sure how that translates into being able to dub an anime - which is something he doesn't seem to be interested in at all. I don't really follow the dub industry, especially since their overall decline in popularity in recent years, so I'd be grateful if you could explain how planning an anime about moe firefighters and shooting a live action documentary series mean that Danny will somehow show the industry "how it should be done" when all evidence suggests that the anime publishing market continues to shrink into nothingness.

wonzo

Banned
Danny is already ahead of everybody else in the US dubbing industry.
Why?
I mean look at it. Viz has this Neon Alley shit that is years late,
Better late than never I guess?
Funi was quiet,
Huh?
Crunchy still cheatin (IMO)
Umm, what does this even mean? (Yes, I'm aware of the illegitimate origins of Crunchyroll but i don't see how they're "cheatin" nowadays)
Sentai is not long for this world (and thank god it isnt)
I don't see how losing one of the only licensor's left that's actually releasing some really high quality shows is a good thing.
Saban owns 4kids after 4Kids wrecked his ass years ago - its like in the us we went backwards. Danny can be trusted in Japan and already got a show off, that makes him a way better business man than anybody else in the states.
Sorry, but I simply fail to see the logic behind how managing a show in Japan somehow makes him a far more capable businessman than virtually everyone else on the US side of distribution.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I don't know jack about American history, but I almost wish that someone would do this with the American Civil War or Revolutionary War if only because it would horrify people. The look on people's faces as you showed them a drawing of George Washington as a moe girl would be priceless!

The LOLs alone would make this amazing! XD

Maybe he should have played Nobunyaga no Yabou instead and see the Generals as cute little kitty cats.

kMZVe.jpg

Now this is awesome!

Defuser

Phi Brain S2 ep 14
Move over Nonoha! Cause Rook Banjo Crossfield is back to give more fujoshi bait and shove you to useless status.

Go_Ly_Dow

hyouka 12

daaaamn, that was one visually appealing episode. the school was so detailed and vibrant. the direction was also superb.

with this and 11.5, i'm finding myself enjoying the character interactions and personalities a lot more than before. slowly, but surely, the show has grown on me quite a bit.

new ending is fantastic.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou 1

hmmmm...

War, war DOES change.

A surprisingly decent eps. Production value was decent. Not a big fan of the MC's plain design though. Some of the choices are... huh.

That ED is quite smut though. Not a fan.

Smile Precure 22

Oh boy. An eps with fighting (and ass kicking)! Love the 'despair faces'. Pop shield mode was adorable too. Can't wait for powerup!

Defuser

Rinne no Lagrange S2 ep 1
This isn't the sequel to Try Unite! :( I want my Euro house music.

Glad to have this show, I miss the Maru! and Wan!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Now that nearly everything has aired. Time to make some cuts.

Near Guarantee Watch:

NBUtq.jpg
F8t33.jpg
XYPvL.jpg
3eNaK.jpg
TJdXD.jpg

Will continue watching if it keeps me entertained:

2dvE3.jpg
3e9c2.jpg
x70Rm.jpg
wpT9N.jpg
oDmzG.jpg
4qqqw.jpg

No interest:

aH0Zd.jpg
eQ1Nr.jpg
HXaUb.jpg
Fj0bQ.jpg
HjWT9.jpg
bx6IQ.jpg
3TRXv.jpg
0oVst.jpg

Thin Ice:

16t3s.jpg
F35WQ.jpg

Dropped

4nm6o.jpg
E9PlD.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
My Bride is a Mermaid 1
You know, when I started watching this series, I did not expect Yakuza Mermaids.
The dub is hilarious.
/edit BONUS

I don't think anyone expected Yakuza mermaids when they started watching this show. I know I didn't. :)

Oda Nobuna no Yabou 1

Tsundere/yandere Nobuna > pink-haired Nobunaga.

Having a Koei fan go back in time to face the Sengoku period is way more interesting than having everyone from that era becoming idols and mafia pawns in today's Japan. Sorry, Sengoku Collection. I'd take Ieyasu and Yoshimoto playing football over haiku cafes any day of the week.

I'm glad not every single character is genderbent. And there are lolis, of course, but at least they're not scantily dressed.

Very nice. Will be watching that today since EVO is now done.

Branduil

ifVPU1jocPnd8.jpg

There are no men in it. I don't think it's your thing.

One of the main girls has a younger brother that appears like 3 times total in the whole series. And that's like it as far as male characters go.

Thanks. But wow, thats rather dull. Guess Ill just avoid it.

Now that nearly everything has aired. Time to make some cuts.

Already on thin ice: Really? Episode 2 was about catching a cat?
http://i.imgur.com/16t3s.jpg[/IG]
[/QUOTE]

Horizon II ep 1 was really that bad that youre putting it on thin ice, it seemed way better than episode I of the first season, thats just a baffling decision.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Hyouka 8-10

Fuck what anyone says. This show is great.

This multi-episode arc is much better than the previous. Everyone in the main cast is getting interesting roles, and there are even new fun characters involved. Both mysteries - the one in the film and the one in the real world - are intriguing, and they're apparently bringing in character development, which is always welcome.

Episode 10's ending was kind of shocking, too.

Now let's see what this is all about.

Branduil

Welcome to Backlog Season!

Haibane Renmei 1

This is a strange show. I can't really pin down my feelings on it yet.

I like the first half of the episode a lot. There are some nice montages of the town, and I like how it dives into the hatching without really slowing down to introduce anything. Combined with the first scene, it left me with a lot of questions about the world while quickly making the basic conceit clear.

I was rather impressed with the speed at which it dove from placid introductory meeting to grotesque body horror, and then back. The scene where she sprouts her wings is really intense. It's one of the few points in the episode with music (there's a lot of total silence in this episode, which I'm not very used to nowadays), and the 'camera' feels like it's almost constantly in motion, which fit with Rekka's anxiety.

The episode is mostly very peaceful, but that sequence establishes that everything isn't lollipops and rainbows. Rekka's being transformed into something unknown, and losing her identity in the exchange. It's rough, and while her negative feelings will probably pass, they leave an impression on the viewer. I'm curious how much emphasis they'll put on the mystery behind the Haibane and the town they live in going forward.

The premise also reminds me of The End of the World in Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World (yet again!), but it's hard to tell at this point if that's just coincidence or not. I suspect a meaningful connection.

It's definitely an explicit influence.

That said, you shouldn't expect every answer to questions about the world to be answered. Haibane Renmei is a character-focused series, and the worldbuilding is subservient to that.

duckroll

They made the Vita opening, eh? At this point them making an anime adaptation of the series seems like a foregone conclusion.

Yeah but it'll probably take a few years. It's clearly not going into production right now, especially since they're going to be working on a new KnK movie first. That would take up a good part of 2013 probably, if not longer. After that, the usual pre-production -> airing period for TV anime is at least a year.

I think they'll probably do F/SN either as a complete remake, or Heaven's Feel, but it won't air until late 2014 at the earliest.

Defuser

BaaaaaamBiiiinaa ep2
Beating a dead horse here but a fucking waste of episode all for a fucking cat and it's only a 2nd episode. I'm never gonna watch a Chiaki Kon show again....almost.

Novid

Banned
Simulcasts
All you can eat anime streaming
Affordable anime boxsets
Expensive simultaneous release box sets with english subtitles

There is something for everyone. The "industry" is fine, but only if you take your head out of your ass.

My heads in the clouds, and it sees a broken city named the industry.

Branduil

Yeah but it'll probably take a few years. It's clearly not going into production right now, especially since they're going to be working on a new KnK movie first. That would take up a good part of 2013 probably, if not longer. After that, the usual pre-production -> airing period for TV anime is at least a year.

I think they'll probably do F/SN either as a complete remake, or Heaven's Feel, but it won't air until late 2014 at the earliest.
I just hope they get someone to rewrite the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom