• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats why i said ones that look generic
usopp is a bolder design decision and is a better character for it
or do you judge them simply based on how generic (or in your case attractive) they are?

I dont think it is doing One Piece anygood, considering he is surrounded by such characters as Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro. Perhaps his design would be almost adequate if he actually made significant contributions to the Straw Hats, but being that that is never the case, well, he is made even worst. I think someone at one point accurately defined how I judge characters.

Uchip

Banned
We already have Rightstuf and Amazon. What more could you want?

digital distribution
and I don't mean streams

I dont think it is doing One Piece anygood, considering he is surrounded by such characters as Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro. Perhaps his design would be almost adequate if he actually made significant contributions to the Straw Hats, but being that that is never the case, well, he is made even worst. I think someone at one point accurately defined how I judge characters.

what? hes actually considered more likeable than the others from those ive talked to

Jintor

tumblr_m52lhqEfbe1rxyyzgo1_500.gif

cajunator

Banned
Anime is already super cheap in the US. how much cheaper could it possibly get?
I mean come on you can get entire series for $20-40 unless its limited edition, which costs more anyway.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
As soon as there is like a Steam Sales platform for anime, we are going to be very very poor

RightStuf's 12 Days of Anime. You'll never want to buy anime at any time other than the last week of the year ever again.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I think she is one of the best moms in manga/anime, especially when one considers how useless some of the other ones are, like mama sawada, in katekyo hitman reborn, etc, who like only cooks.

Definitely.

wasn't it a thing in naruto where pretty much ever character has a 'strong mom'? Or was that just shikamaru being afraid of his mom?

#MomsAreTough

cajunator

Banned
Only taking into account my "Entertainment" Budget, it was about 80% games 15% movies 5% anime. But that was before I started to pay back student loans.

I've pretty much caught up in terms of buying older series I wanted, so its mostly newer stuff that I pick up now, which makes it easier and cheaper.

Uchip

Banned
RightStuf's 12 Days of Anime. You'll never want to buy anime at any time other than the last week of the year ever again.

yes well
some of us dont have the space to collect infinite box sets :S
some kind of digital system which includes professionally encoded episodes would be epic

Now that i think about it, i pretty much only watch naruto whenever they have that 1 sakuga eps every year or so and the movie. Everything else just looks sooooo bad.

cajunator

Banned
yes well

You MAKE space for it.
Thats what I did.
Although I much prefer the thinpacks and econopacks, because they save a ton of space. Especially Bluray sets. I dont buy those gigantic artboxes anymore unless they are thinpacked slim artboxes. Those huge wide boxes were pretty, but hopefully a relic of the past.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You MAKE space for it.
Thats what I did.
Although I much prefer the thinpacks and econopacks, because they save a ton of space. Especially Bluray sets. I dont buy those gigantic artboxes anymore unless they are thinpacked slim artboxes. Those huge wide boxes were pretty, but hopefully a relic of the past.
I'm at a point where I'm considering just throwing away all the packaging for everything. I know I'm not planning on reselling this stuff anyway.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm at a point where I'm considering just throwing away all the packaging for everything. I know I'm not planning on reselling this stuff anyway.

Please don't tell me you're going to do that for video games too.
I might need some of it because I'm such a completionist :x

yes well
some kind of digital system which includes professionally encoded episodes would be epic

Hahah, yeah, I understand. Personally, I just prefer the physical version of media whenever possible.

also a large percentage of RightStuf's end-of-year anime sale is Sentai Filmworks stuff anyway which takes up no space because they use depressing standard dvd cases

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
crunchyroll
The issue arises when rights slip in and out and shows suddenly disappear. Crunchyroll is great for simulcasting, but it doesn't really serve as a digital platform for general anime distribution.

Uchip

Banned

Its not just the box sets either
I have plenty of collectibles and figurines/plushes
need like a museum room or something for a viable continuation

Yeah plus worldwide licensing restrictions. Good for US people though...

well thats helpful

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Are they actually good? If possible I'm wishing that they put the Fate/Zero boxset on sale. Too much to hope for?

Don't expect any expensive Aniplex stuff. Last year they knocked $5 off of the Baccano! blu-ray box and that was it.

For non-gouging anime distributors, though, the sales are amazing. Funimation and Sentai Filmworks stuff at half or more off the going rate.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Please don't tell me you're going to do that for video games too.
I might need some of it because I'm such a completionist :x
I have five tubes of games that I should probably just put into a CD folder and call it a day. lol

My only non-media crap comes from SEs thankfully!

Are they actually good? If possible I'm wishing that they put the Fate/Zero boxset on sale. Too much to hope for?
They cleared out the "ONE PRINTING ONLY" Bacanno box sets and then Aniplex just re-issued it at an even lower price. lol

cajunator

Banned

well thats helpful

Yeah I have a little knicknack collection of stuff from just boxsets and stuff from the early 00's. Pencilboards, figurines, wallscrolls, Tshirts, papercraft, keychains.

Fate/Zero is always too much to hope for. *sigh* dammit...

Fate Zero is a really unique case though. I wonder why they released only that specific series in such a boutique fashion. Just because I could afford to buy both boxes doesn't mean I'll do that shit for EVERY series.

savinganime14.jpg

yin and yang

Now THAT's something. what is that the School Days game?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Something something imouto first 5 minutes:

Dropped like a sack of shit covered by maggots into a volcano.

I think DTL should list all male protagonists he likes.

Haruyukia Arita and Taku (Accel World), Outa Shou and the Furuyas (Ginga E Kickoff), Kakeru Aizawa (Area no Kishi), Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Tadakuni (Daily Lives of Highschool Boys), Ao (Eureka Seven Ao), Ouma Shou and Gai (Guilty Crown), Joey Jones and Psy (Heroman), Gon/Killua (HxH), Shin (Kingdom), Kuroko and Kagami (Kurokos Basketball) , Kanba and Shouma (Mawaru Penguindrum), Yukiteru Amano Mirai Nikki), Asemu Kio and Flit Asano (Gundam Age), Kira Yamato (Gundam Seed), Naruto and Sasuke (Naruto), Luffy Zoro Sanji (One Piece), Yosuke Hanamura Kanji and Teddie (Persona 4), Daimon Kaito (Phi Brain), Kouga Souma Haruto (Saint Seiya Omega), Kazuma and Ryuhou (Scryed), Bossun and Tsubaki (Sket Dance), Kirito (Sword Art Online), Otonashi (Angel beats), Jintan and Yukiatsu (Anohana) , Sakakibara and Teshigawara (Another), Rin and Yukio and Shima (BLue Exorcist), Amata Kagura and Andy w Hol (Aquarion Evol), Shujin and Saiko (Bakuman), You Satou (ben-to), Saizo (Brave 10), Kimimaro Yoga ([C]), Haruyaki Yachi (C cubed), Suzaku and Lelouch (Code Geass), Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes), Ed Elric (FMA Brotherhood), Takizawa (Eden of the East), Mahiro Takuma (Hiiro no Kakera), Houtarou and Satoshi (Hyouka), Akuto Sai and Hiroshi Miwa (Demon King Daimao), Jonah and Lutz (Jormungand), Tsuna Gokudera Yamamoto Hibari Mukuro (Reborn), Chizuru Yuuta Yuuki Shun Kanemecchi (Kimi to Boku), Ayumu Aizawa and Obito and Anderson (Kore wa Zombie desu ka), Zenkichi and Akune (Medaka Box), Allelujah SETSUNA F SEIEI Lockon (Gundam OO), Ryoma Echizen (New Prince of Tennis), Nezumi Shion (No. 6), Yuu (Noein), Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran High School Host Club), Alma Tandouji (Sacred Seven), Chihiro Furuya (Sankarea), Ritsu Onodera (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi), Rick (Shining Hearts), Black Star and Soul (Soul Eater), Barnaby Brooks Jr and Origami Cyclone (Tiger & Bunny), Syaoran Fei and Kurgy poo (Tsubasa), Haru Yuki Natsuki Akira Agarkar (Tsuritama), Ichionse, Ittoki, Shou (Uta no Prince Sama) (all), Karou (Welcome to the NHK), Satou and Souma (working!!), Jin (zetman), Liberta Nova Pace (Arcana Famiglia), Eiji Hoshimiya (Big Order), Zephyr (End of Eternity), Rune and Yamato (Ultimo), Oz and Gil (pandora hearts), Gold and Silver and Green (Pokemon), Ryuuga (Pokemon ReBurst), Ageha and Kabuto and Oboro (Psyren), Yahiko and Kenshi (Rurouni Kenshin Restoration), Astro and Tiamet (Barrage), Riddle and Sakura Hayato (Undertaker Riddle), Lag Seeing (Tegami Bachi), JADEN YUKI (Yuigoh GX), and Yusei Fudoh (Yugioh 5Ds), Kazu, Ikki, and Akito/Agito wanijima (Air Gear)

Should be most, I think.

Only if he pairs them with the appropriate yaoi fan-art for each one.

I would, I mean I have like 30K posts of lots of fan art of them all, but I guess people are anti yaoi so I wont. But how about my favorite one from ano hana.

what? hes actually considered more likeable than the others from those ive talked to

What do people see in Usopp?

http://mainichi.jp/mantan/news/20120717dyo00m200029000c.html

The Hunter x Hunter anime movie will open in Japan on Jan 12 2013. The title is Hunter x Hunter: Phantom Rouge. It will be an original story written by Togashi.

Thats pretty exciting even if I have to wait until like 2015 or something to see it, well assuming Hunter x Hunter is even getting picked up over here, I mean, its only on like crunchyroll :(

It would be kind of funny if the movie used a third version of departure for the OP.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If there's ever an updated version of the AnimeGAF bingo card, "everyone tries and fails to convince DTL that Usopp is the best Strawhat" is definitely going to be a space.

hes not overpowered, hes more relateable, hes a chronic liar and pessimist, sogeking
he looks weird too, which is why one piece is interesting in the first place

He has all these negative not good traits. Why would one be a fan of basically a weak and ugly character? If we use this statement, then everyone ought to somehow be a fan of Accel World Haru. Even worst one that has real estate in the land of lies? That doesnt seem like something that makes him relatable. Those are all major point deductions that definitely keep him at Nami's level for straw hat ranking for me, especially after what he did to Luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom