• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Joshiraku 01:

Now THIS I can get into. I like 4th wall humor when it's done well, and so far this is doing that pretty well. Lots of cute little skits of cute girls doing cute things. Cajun was right, this is right up my alley.

Uchip

Banned
He has all these negative not good traits. Why would one be a fan of basically a weak and ugly character? If we use this statement, then everyone ought to somehow be a fan of Accel World Haru. Even worst one that has real estate in the land of lies? That doesnt seem like something that makes him relatable. Those are all major point deductions that definitely keep him at Nami's level for straw hat ranking for me, especially after what he did to Luffy.

ouch
right down to the level of the females!

those "negative" traits are quite amusing in a bright colourful world of madness

survivor

Banned
Haruyukia Arita and Taku (Accel World), Outa Shou and the Furuyas (Ginga E Kickoff), Kakeru Aizawa (Area no Kishi), Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach), Tadakuni (Daily Lives of Highschool Boys), Ao (Eureka Seven Ao), Ouma Shou and Gai (Guilty Crown), Joey Jones and Psy (Heroman), Gon/Killua (HxH), Shin (Kingdom), Kuroko and Kagami (Kurokos Basketball) , Kanba and Shouma (Mawaru Penguindrum), Yukiteru Amano Mirai Nikki), Asemu Kio and Flit Asano (Gundam Age), Kira Yamato (Gundam Seed), Naruto and Sasuke (Naruto), Luffy Zoro Sanji (One Piece), Yosuke Hanamura Kanji and Teddie (Persona 4), Daimon Kaito (Phi Brain), Kouga Souma Haruto (Saint Seiya Omega), Kazuma and Ryuhou (Scryed), Bossun and Tsubaki (Sket Dance), Kirito (Sword Art Online), Otonashi (Angel beats), Jintan and Yukiatsu (Anohana) , Sakakibara and Teshigawara (Another), Rin and Yukio and Shima (BLue Exorcist), Amata Kagura and Andy w Hol (Aquarion Evol), Shujin and Saiko (Bakuman), You Satou (ben-to), Saizo (Brave 10), Kimimaro Yoga ([C]), Haruyaki Yachi (C cubed), Suzaku and Lelouch (Code Geass), Ryner Lute (Legend of the Legendary Heroes), Ed Elric (FMA Brotherhood), Takizawa (Eden of the East), Mahiro Takuma (Hiiro no Kakera), Houtarou and Satoshi (Hyouka), Akuto Sai and Hiroshi Miwa (Demon King Daimao), Jonah and Lutz (Jormungand), Tsuna Gokudera Yamamoto Hibari Mukuro (Reborn), Chizuru Yuuta Yuuki Shun Kanemecchi (Kimi to Boku), Ayumu Aizawa and Obito and Anderson (Kore wa Zombie desu ka), Zenkichi and Akune (Medaka Box), Allelujah SETSUNA F SEIEI Lockon (Gundam OO), Ryoma Echizen (New Prince of Tennis), Nezumi Shion (No. 6), Yuu (Noein), Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran High School Host Club), Alma Tandouji (Sacred Seven), Chihiro Furuya (Sankarea), Ritsu Onodera (Sekaiichi Hatsukoi), Rick (Shining Hearts), Black Star and Soul (Soul Eater), Barnaby Brooks Jr and Origami Cyclone (Tiger & Bunny), Syaoran Fei and Kurgy poo (Tsubasa), Haru Yuki Natsuki Akira Agarkar (Tsuritama), Ichionse, Ittoki, Shou (Uta no Prince Sama) (all), Karou (Welcome to the NHK), Satou and Souma (working!!), Jin (zetman), Liberta Nova Pace (Arcana Famiglia), Eiji Hoshimiya (Big Order), Zephyr (End of Eternity), Rune and Yamato (Ultimo), Oz and Gil (pandora hearts), Gold and Silver and Green (Pokemon), Ryuuga (Pokemon ReBurst), Ageha and Kabuto and Oboro (Psyren), Yahiko and Kenshi (Rurouni Kenshin Restoration), Astro and Tiamet (Barrage), Riddle and Sakura Hayato (Undertaker Riddle), Lag Seeing (Tegami Bachi), JADEN YUKI (Yuigoh GX), and Yusei Fudoh (Yugioh 5Ds)

Should be most, I think.

You didn't like Fukuda from Bakuman? I thought he was pretty awesome.

Good to see you liked everyone in Tsuritama

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Is there a reason why it takes nearly a year for a lot of anime films to go from theater to dvd/bluray?

I'd imagine if there are extras they might have to be made after the movie is completed and released. If they're animated extras that might take longer? (don't know, honestly)

Joule

Yuruyuri s2 3:
T1DgG.jpg

I'm reminded of HidaSketch's Yuno and her own foray into English words.

Sakurako and Himewari cuteness along with more scarves. Sakurako's hate of scarves would hurt Solune so much.. The valentine doings of the main four were fairly entertaining too. Would have liked to see more of Akari's sister but hopefully that comes to pass again.

Narag

Kotetsu Jeeg 2

Hiroshi is enduring training to better transform into Jeeg. This involves being ejected from Big Shooter and trying to transform before he hits the ground. He fails twice before he's all fuck this shit and can't understand why everyone thinks he's weird for doing so.

Also something about his big mouthed sister being kidnapped. How does Hiroshi found out? A written ransom note left for him. His response:
Fuck the ransom, crush all his enemies. Shame he fails.
:lol

Getter Robo 4

The Dinosaur Empire's great plan this week is to attack a small island with about 50 people. They seriously have the worst plans. Then again Ryo, Musashi, and Hayato act like idiots and let the Getter get worked over not once but twice.

Ryo & Musashi scrubbing it up by Getter Tomahawking themselves. smh

Daitarn 3 1

Aw shit, it's Tomino time. The Meganoids are stealing Earth's women by holding a beauty pageant with the aim of turning the women into Meganoids themselves so they'll be beautiful forever. That might not be entirely accurate but it's what I took away from it.

Banjo, our protagonist, looks to be fun and possibly a master of the asspull. The first episode reminds me of something Bond related given Banjo classing it up in a tux, hitting on the girl helping on him, and some musical cues that I'll assume are intentionally evocative of Bond itself.

Can't hate a show that has delivers cutaway views of robots disguised as humans getting taken down.

There's something to be said beauty pageant contestants being given jetpacks and flying in formation with Daitarn 3 but that something certainly isn't positive.

In the end, at least Banjo had a great entrance:
i6trOkP3Q6AoJ.gif

You must really hate women.

Only like five or so anime female characters are kind of decent:
-Ruri in Sacred Seven - causes shes the stone for Alma
-Inori in Guilty Crown - cause shes Shu's sword
-Chrome Dokuro in Reborn - actually participates in combat (and illusionists ftw)
-Erza Scarlet in Fairy Tail - cause she has epic swords
-Rukia in Bleach - participates in combat with sode no shirayuki,

Wait. I only get one waifu at a time but you can stack husbandos? I need to switch sides.

Oh we didnt do husbandos in here? But of those mine would be these

Risette

A Good Citizen
Only like five or so anime female characters are kind of decent enough for mentioning:
-Chrome Dokuro in Reborn - actually participates in combat (and illusionists ftw)
what

jman2050

Oh my

Only like five or so Shounen female characters are kind of decent:

fixed.

But Chrome is just a vehicle (literally) for Mukuro!

You didn't like Fukuda from Bakuman? I thought he was pretty awesome.

Good to see you liked everyone in Tsuritama

Yeah Tsuritama had a pretty great cast.

Ah I cant believe I overlooked Fukuda and Eiji now that I look back. But in both anime and the manga Fukuda stays in the background alot, does it change in the remainder (only up to v12)

But Chrome is just a vehicle (literally) for Mukuro!

I also like that Chrome, the character stands out for in the series and that makes her definitely worth mentioning. While the other main female characters stick to just cooking, and doing laundry and babysitting and chores, and making charms...shes actually out risking her life on the front lines trying to make a difference, and has actual dedication, and even though she knows shes just that for Mukuro she still wants to support or Vongola Decimo as well as her precious Mukuro sama. So that entire thing makes her worth mentioning for the genre, and her eye patch is a cool accessory, so bonus points there, reminds me of Akito Wanijima.

cajunator

Banned
Something something imouto first 5 minutes:

Dropped like a sack of shit covered by maggots into a volcano.

Wow. Whats so terrible about it?

http://gigazine.net/news/20120718-awaodori-poster-2012/

Holy shit. This is fucking awesome. Ufotable did a poster for this year's Tokushima Awa Dance Festival and it's a crossover poster featuring Fate/Zero characters on one side, and Tales Of characters on the other. FUCKING AWESOME!

URUpH.png
nBWXT.png

This is indeed amazing. I would pay good money for that poster.

Well the room was locked, and the person inside had the key, and there was some rope lying around on the second floor so...

It's why everyone's here. Would be neat to see all those volumes displayed out :p

Ive posted older pics when my room was in disarray but it looks much more clean and neat now and all the anime has a place to live. I'll take some more pics later this week. Maybe tomorrow.

Instro

Toriko 65

OjV8r.jpg

Hm I'm not sure they've ever done a postcard ending in this show before, or at least its been a long time if they have. Pretty cool looking. This was a bigger budget episode than the last bunch, so that was nice.

cajunator

Banned
Inori being Shu's sword reminds me of Reverie Metherlence and other Gelades from Elemental Gelade. Except I bet Elemental Gelade is a much better show (I havent seen Guilty Crown)

Uchip

Banned

lmao
the only female characters you like and theyre either acessories or shounen junk

you and lafiel need to do battle

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Inori being Shu's sword reminds me of Reverie Metherlence and other Gelades from Elemental Gelade. Except I bet Elemental Gelade is a much better show (I havent seen Guilty Crown)

EG is a much better show than GC. Animation and OST is the only thing that GC is better than EG. Well... maybe the awesomeness that is Gai.

cajunator

Banned

Narag

Princess Nine 3

I'm really curious what the chairman's connection to Ryo's deceased father was. All roads lead back to the mysterious past! Izumi needs to stop tempting Ryo with tennis too, damn it. Manipulative drunken coach is alright too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom